did i get banned?

Forum rules
1. One ban appeal per topic. Do not create multiple ban appeals for the same ban.
2. Do not file ban appeals for other people- third party appeals will be ignored or discarded.
3. Don't post to other people's ban appeals unless you're staff.
Malikstar123
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:00 am

Username: Malikstar123
Ban Type: I dont even know
Why do you think you where banned: idk i was just playin around
Who banned you: dont know i didnt see anything in global
Why should you be unbanned: cus i was just chillin
Have you been banned before: chat system banned
Oi Josuke .
lol jojos reference
“You truly are the lowest scum in history. You pay back what you owe with money.” – Jotaro Kujo
Hukora
Mod
Mod

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:14 am

You were chat banned for 24 hours for discussion of inappropriate topics (pedophilia, homophobic comments such as "no homo"). Additionally, you and your friend was harassing of another player with personal questions when they clearly do not want to answer them.

Within the past few days, I've warned you several times against these inappropriate statements, including yesterday when I requested that you re-read the rules that I linked and told you that you will not get further warnings.

If you want to participate in this game's public chat, you need to follow the game rules and stop discussing topics that are against the rules. Otherwise, please move your conversations elsewhere.
Don't be afraid to be a Skitty in a world of Meowths.
Malikstar123
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:59 am

Hukora wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:14 am
You were chat banned for 24 hours for discussion of inappropriate topics (pedophilia, homophobic comments such as "no homo"). Additionally, you and your friend was harassing of another player with personal questions when they clearly do not want to answer them.

Within the past few days, I've warned you several times against these inappropriate statements, including yesterday when I requested that you re-read the rules that I linked and told you that you will not get further warnings.

If you want to participate in this game's public chat, you need to follow the game rules and stop discussing topics that are against the rules. Otherwise, please move your conversations elsewhere.
I actually read the rules and i didn't know saying "no homo" is inappropriate or me calling someone "pedo" to a person who isn't an actual pedophile is considered bad? and this person you are referring to as me harassing I said a total of 3 questions to this person which weren't even bad and if i was harassing them and they would of asked me to stop i would of and my questions weren't even personal but one me asking for time and i realized they weren't gonna answer so i stopped talking to them and i have no control over what my friend did so idk why he was even brought up or that topic in general because its really up to the player if he or she wants us to stop.(this should be in suggestions but) maybe next time you guys update the rules so we know the limits on "Vulgar or inappropriate content" or what topics aren't allowed while chatting and maybe some examples cus simply saying "no homo" is a way to get banned maybe include examples because the rules obviously don't explain everything, but your a mod so yk whats best lol.
Oi Josuke .
lol jojos reference
“You truly are the lowest scum in history. You pay back what you owe with money.” – Jotaro Kujo
Hukora
Mod
Mod

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Pedophilia, by definition, falls into the category of sexually vulgar/inappropriate content and does not belong in this game. We purposefully do not give specific definitions for most rules because people will find loopholes around specifics and say "what I did was not specified in the rules." However, some examples of "inappropriate" topics would include but is not limited sex, illicit drugs, religion, and politics. FYI, this was the main reason for your ban. The other rules you broke and the number of times you disregarded my warnings just supported why you should be banned.

Statements such as "no homo" and "that's so gay" are homophobic statements because it infers that there is a problem with being homosexual to the point that people must somehow differentiate between what is homosexual versus heterosexual. That is hate-speech that I hold to the same degree as racist or sexist remarks, which I categorize as under the "negativity/hostility" portion of the rules.

As for harassment, you and Colekadenn were asking personal questions that CoolGirl666 was obviously dodging because they were feeling creeped out (https://imgur.com/a/UHXIQcU). Then you suddenly turned your attention to MetalMolten46325 when they pointed this out to you and then you threatened to report MetalMolten46325 for toxicity when they were simply letting you know how asking about peoples time zones (what you asked) and age (what Colekadenn asked) is personal identifying information because it can be used to track people down (https://imgur.com/a/oeOnugY). Threatening people with no viable justification is part of harassment.

You don't have control over what your friend does but you have control over if you choose to contribute to the conversation. You chose to contribute remarks about pedophilia when your friend said "I will bribe females with my Pokemon".
Malikstar123
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:24 pm

i understand what you mean but, first off i understand what you mean but still saying "no homo" does no harm if so i say "i like girls" could get me banned is that what you are implying i'm basically saying i don't like boys so is me saying "i don't like boys" a bannable offense to which doesn't offend anyone at all cause its not disrespectful to homosexual people at all. And i clearly remember a new player coming in to the chat saying "i love you say it back" and i said "ily no homo" cus i mean i dont want people thinking i'm homosexual when i'm rlly not its just gonna get awkward and i never said "thats so gay" but i understand im not tryna make my case worse and im sorry :( i just rlly take you saying that im offending homosexual people a certain type of way cus i have some close people in my life that are and i respect them and would never offend them :O but, your just doing your job so yah 8-)
Oi Josuke .
lol jojos reference
Hukora
Mod
Mod

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:39 pm

You may not find "no homo" offensive, but the LGBTQ+ community generally find it as offensive as "that's so gay". These statements imply that there is a problem being homosexual or gay. Think how it would feel if people made remarks that imply that there is a problem with being Malikstar123. That is the equivalent.

I specified certain statements that are seen as offensive directed at certain groups of people, you're just extended the argument to something that has vastly different implications, which is beside the point and attempts to downplay the significance of these offensive statements.
Malikstar123
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:59 pm

i understand now i wont do it again
Oi Josuke .
lol jojos reference
Malikstar123
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:38 am

How much longer til i get unbanned?
Oi Josuke .
lol jojos reference
Hukora
Mod
Mod

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:47 am

Approximately 4 hours.
Malikstar123
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:59 am

oh okay ty
Oi Josuke .
lol jojos reference