Ejmsea's maps!

You can post your artwork - sprites, banners, maps, etc.
ejmsea16
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:31 pm

Hello!
I recently made a map for the first time and would love some feedback on it! Huge thanks to PrincessPhoenix for her map editor guide and everyone who helped make the graphics. I am planning on making more maps soon that would connect to this one, though I wanted to see what people thought first. I am thinking of making some mountains/hills directly to the left that would have a city on the other side, forested routes, and possibly a water route and islands.

Presenting...

Alta Point!
https://imgur.com/a/UY0ZrWB

I haven't put much thought into what Pokemon would live hypothetically here, though definitely some Swablu by the lake, and other small flying or grass Pokemon in the other grassy areas, such as Hoppip, Lotad, Pidove etc. On the beach one could possibly find a Dwebble or Tympole or Barboach.

Also, if anyone knows how to embed a photo directly in a post, please let me know!
Nebo
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:08 pm

ejmsea16 wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:31 pm
Hello!
I recently made a map for the first time and would love some feedback on it! Huge thanks to PrincessPhoenix for her map editor guide and everyone who helped make the graphics. I am planning on making more maps soon that would connect to this one, though I wanted to see what people thought first. I am thinking of making some mountains/hills directly to the left that would have a city on the other side, forested routes, and possibly a water route and islands.

Presenting...

Alta Point!
https://imgur.com/a/UY0ZrWB

I haven't put much thought into what Pokemon would live hypothetically here, though definitely some Swablu by the lake, and other small flying or grass Pokemon in the other grassy areas, such as Hoppip, Lotad, Pidove etc. On the beach one could possibly find a Dwebble or Tympole or Barboach.

Also, if anyone knows how to embed a photo directly in a post, please let me know!
Hey! :)
You've done a good job for a first map, well done! :)
Also your idea of making mountains/hills on the left could work and look nice especially if this map you made would be a part of a coastal strip from north to south with a mountain range to its left.

Where to Improve?
- More than half of the area surrouned by cliffs in your map is placed on water instead of being placed on land. I think it would make more sense if most of it would be placed on land and surrounded by sand, with maybe a few cliffy edges placed on water.
- Unless you want to let people shift from this map to another from any spot at the edges, place more obstacles (like trees, rocks, etc..) across the edges of the map to narrow the number of paths people can take to shift between maps. The trees you would add could also make those areas less blank.
- Add some grass to the grass patches on the left of the map so they don't all look rectangular. Grass patches, cliffs and others rather have a random shape than a symmetrical known shape.
- Read the section of waterfalls in PP's guide again because you didn't use the right tiles for the edges of the bodies of water that will host the waterfalls. This is the guide you should follow: https://imgur.com/Nq3ZB72
- When making a waterfall, there should be a body of water above the waterfall - source, and a body of water below the waterfall - destination. I find the lower waterfall to be redundant, especially if you're gonna place this area on land and surround it with sand. Also, the source body of water above the upper waterfall doesn't have access to a larger body of water which would supply it with water, so where would all this water come from? rains? It would make more sense to just keep the upper waterfall and remove the lower waterfall and delimit it with an edge that would create a small brook below the upper waterfall.
- Cliffs: You can notice that the green color of the grass in the cliff tiles you used is a bit different than the green color of the grassy ground you used. Check this image: https://imgur.com/a/AvRgTfu , you should use the cliff tiles in green rectangles and not the one in red. Also use the cliff tiles in green and yellow when connecting cliffs, otherwise the connection points of the cliffs will not look completely sealed just like the current cliffs in the map you made.

The rest is well made so way to go! :)

As for embedding a photo directly in a post, upload your photo to imgur like you did, add .png to the link and then type the link (with the .png suffix) Image

Good luck! :)

Thanks to SilentCobra for the amazing signature! Sugoi :D
xXSynoXx
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:06 pm

Dope looking. I approve.
~π•»π–”π–˜π–™ π•Ύπ–Žπ–Œπ–“π–Šπ–‰ π–‡π–ž π–π–ƒπ•Ύπ–žπ–“π–”π–ƒπ–.
:arrow: Watchdog Man #8349 My discord if you want to contact me there. I'm on 3pm-7am on weekdays and 10:30 am-7 pm. :D

【"π™»πšŽπšŠπš›πš—γ€€πšπš›πš˜πš–γ€€πš’πšŽπšœπšπšŽπš›πšπšŠπš’οΌŒγ€€πš•πš’πšŸπšŽγ€€πšπš˜πš›γ€€πšπš˜πšπšŠπš’οΌŒγ€€πš‘πš˜πš™πšŽγ€€πšπš˜πš›γ€€πšπš˜πš–πš˜πš›πš›πš˜πš "γ€€β€“γ€€π™°πš•πš‹πšŽπš›πšγ€€π™΄πš’πš—πšœπšπšŽπš’πš—γ€‘