Racist Remarks

Forum rules
This forum is for reports against other players. If you are reporting a bug or error, go to the Error Report Forum.

Screenshots are required for all reports, otherwise staff most likely will not take any action.
LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Racist Remarks

Post by LoneWarrior » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:28 am

benguy2211 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 am
Yeah Ik. I originally made it as an alt that wasn't meant to be used. Anyways, I wasn't expecting anyone to get worked up over it. Im not saying it wasn't bad and I should suffer consequences, but im just trying to tell ya this wasn't meant to be offensive at all. As for why I did it? I was trying to make a meme of the well known terrorist phrase as a funny joke, not be racist.
Please don't call it "terrorist phrase". That phrase originally has religion specific meaning. Its just coincidental that some terrorists used it and therefore is not reasonable to insult a religion just because of that. And to make it clear, meme-ing something like that is the same as insulting.
Items Guide | Force & Faint Switch explained
Forum Shop | Grayview Update Guide

~~~~~~~~

What the Caterpie calls the end of the world, the master calls a Butterfree.

benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Post by benguy2211 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:23 am

LoneWarrior wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:28 am
benguy2211 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 am
Yeah Ik. I originally made it as an alt that wasn't meant to be used. Anyways, I wasn't expecting anyone to get worked up over it. Im not saying it wasn't bad and I should suffer consequences, but im just trying to tell ya this wasn't meant to be offensive at all. As for why I did it? I was trying to make a meme of the well known terrorist phrase as a funny joke, not be racist.
Please don't call it "terrorist phrase". That phrase originally has religion specific meaning. Its just coincidental that some terrorists used it and therefore is not reasonable to insult a religion just because of that. And to make it clear, meme-ing something like that is the same as insulting.

The whole point here is that IM NOT TRYING TO BE INSULTING. I DO NOT WANT/TRY TO INSULT ANYONE. IT WAS THE RESULT OF AN ACCIDENT. A REALLY, REALLY REALLY STUPID CHOICE. I call it a terrorist phrase because that's that I was taught about it as, but I acknowledge its now. Im sorry if that offends. Im really, really not trying to offend or insult.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
It ain't no getting even,
Here comes the reckoning day.
--Reckoning Day, Megadeth.

How can I be lost, if Ive got nowhere to go?
Open mind for a different view and nothing else matters -- Metallica

regiiiice
Trainer
Trainer

Post by regiiiice » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:01 pm

If you don't mean to offend people then answer one thing : why are you calling it a meme ?! a terrorist phrase !? again and again . Just accept your mistake and stop calling it "terrorist joke" . People come here to play game NOT to engage in some religious scruffle . Keep your personal perspectives to yourself . I am not asking you to respect either but stop disrespecting a significant religious phrase again and again .

benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Post by benguy2211 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:46 pm

regiiiice wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:01 pm
If you don't mean to offend people then answer one thing : why are you calling it a meme ?! a terrorist phrase !? again and again . Just accept your mistake and stop calling it "terrorist joke" . People come here to play game NOT to engage in some religious scruffle . Keep your personal perspectives to yourself . I am not asking you to respect either but stop disrespecting a significant religious phrase again and again .
Dude, im not trying to disrespect the phrase. I've been calling it based on my previous perspective of the phrase, however that's a really good point and I do see now how referring to it as a "meme" or "terrorist phrase" was disrespectful. I'll stop referring to it now as those.

And to answer your one question, Ive been referring to it like that because I found out of the phrase like that, and had that description of the word stuck in my head, so call it ignorance.

Edit: Im not trying to justify what I did because it was a Mistake just fueled by ignorance, not Racism, and that that ignorance turned into unintended racism.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,

Soleilluna
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Soleilluna » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:58 am

Just ban all of his acc and ip ban as well thank you.
Even if its a joke to you but not for us youre not a kid or smt and stop being attention seaker it’s not funny at all

benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Post by benguy2211 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Soleilluna wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:58 am
Just ban all of his acc and ip ban as well thank you.
Even if its a joke to you but not for us youre not a kid or smt and stop being attention seaker it’s not funny at all
I used to think it was funny, so give me a break. Yes I know its not funny. And yes, my Acc remain banned :/
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,

seahawkfan103
Trainer
Trainer

Post by seahawkfan103 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Can someone lock this it’s getting out of hand?
I love my marvel