PL-Lock Challenge!

For player-run/non-official events (clan stuff, raffles, giveaways, tournaments etc)
Forum rules
For player-run/non-official events (clan stuff, raffles, giveaways, tournaments etc)

One topic per event please!
yukilongwalk
Trainer
Trainer

PL-Lock Challenge!

Post by yukilongwalk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 am

It is always interesting when help chat comes with ideas.

The idea is what happens if we had a lock that is similar to Nuzlock in PL! Would any player be able to reach all the way? or many will fall before getting their 2nd badge!

First Definitions:
  • 1- Lock Pokes ( These are the pokes that you will be using to complete the lock, you can have maximum of 6 pokes at any given moment)
    2- Quest Pokes ( These are the pokes that are needed for quests, you can't use these pokes in battles or as part of your team and must release or trade out once the quest is completed )
    3- Legendary Pokes ( These are legendary poke in game, can't be used in battles and should go on Gallery )
    4- Fainted Pokes ( These are the pokes that fainted while being used in the lock )
Here are the lock rules:
  • 1- You have to catch your first poke encounter in each map and that is your only poke you can catch from all patches of grass in that map. (example Sentret from bluegum)
    • a) if you fainted your first poke encounter in the map then you can't catch any other poke from that map so pick your steps carefully
      b) you can avoid encountering pokes in a map if possible and then get back to catch one later on.
    2- You can only have maximum of 6 lock pokes at any moment. If you encounter a first poke on a map with a full team, then you have to faint the encounter. So if not happy with your team always keep a slot open.
    3- Fainted pokes can't be used again and must be released.
    4- You can use potions in battle up to 3 times and no other healing item.
    5- You can only heal fully HP and PP in the pokemon center. (Editing move set to get PP back to full is not allowed.)
    6- You must accept all battles from NPCs or wild encounters. (No refreshing to escape the battle)
    7- Quest pokes can't be used in battles or as Lock Pokes.
    8- Your team must always be shown.
    9- No pokes are allowed to be traded into the lock. (Except as mentioned in rule 11)
    10- Pokes can be traded out but never back in. as Traded out pokes will be considered as released/fainted
    11- Trade Evolution is only allowed between lock accounts and must be reported on here. (New Rule to allow more pokes in)
    12- Each gym badge grant the player an option to revive pokes right after the battle they faint (one time use only). No delayed revival.
    13- When battling Legendary pokes. Player team is protected from Rule 3, but in return player will have to choose 1 poke to sacrifice if their team was fully fainted. If one poke survive and legendary is capture the entire team survive.
    14- In case of shiny encounter other than first encounter. That shiny is allowed to be caught and transferred to main account.

We would love to hear from you all how the challenge goes :mrgreen: and we expect it to be bit brutal :roll:

From this side: Carlos280892 will update his lock progress on this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14627 ! Let the games begin! :lol:

WARNING! YOU MAY GET FRUSTRATED AND LOSE AT ANY POINT!
BE PREPARED TO START OVER AT ANY MOMENT!

Here is the list of all Locke players so we know each other and Admins can know that no one is ban evading :)
1- Yukilongwalk = Yukilock (1st Badge / Day 1)
2- NeoArcadianGuardian = Neoarcadianwarrior (1st Badge / Day 1)
3- Carlos280892 = Carloslocke (1st Badge / Day 2 ongoing)
4- Lonewarrior = LonewarriorLC (1st Badge / Day 1)
5- Syron = Sylock (-- / Day 1 Ongoing)
6- Theparents = LockeUser01. ( -- / Day 1 Ongoing)
7- MonkeyFaceChimpBoy = LockMFCB ( 1st Badge / Day 1)
8- Veritaserum = LockVserum (1st Badge / Day 1)
9- Arceaus = Arclock
10- Nikolina = ???
11- Akatsuki warrior = _Akatuki___
12- Pinglu = LockPinglu
Last edited by yukilongwalk on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 13 times in total.

neoarcadianguardian
Trainer
Trainer

Re: PL-Lock Challenge!

Post by neoarcadianguardian » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:35 pm

I like this
If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

Nexus
Mod
Mod

Post by Nexus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:27 pm

I would argue against rule 2. The majority, if not all -locke playthroughs I've seen jave let you catch the first encounter regardless and just sit in a box until required.

What about static encounters like Newpine Town Sborlax and Route 5 Seviper? Are they considered extra encounters?

What if the first Pokemon you encounter is required for a quest later on?

firy2
Trainer
Trainer

Post by firy2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:32 pm

I don't understand it lol
OMANAB

yukilongwalk
Trainer
Trainer

Post by yukilongwalk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Nexus wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:27 pm
I would argue against rule 2. The majority, if not all -locke playthroughs I've seen jave let you catch the first encounter regardless and just sit in a box until required.

What about static encounters like Newpine Town Sborlax and Route 5 Seviper? Are they considered extra encounters?

What if the first Pokemon you encounter is required for a quest later on?
Well this rule is meant to be a challenge for players. Now it can be limited to one poke per map if a player chose to. For the static encounters they are considered as extra encounters and considered as pokes from the same map.

Quest pokes are considered outside the lock. so that means you are free to catch them, level them up or do whatever not following the lock rules as long as they don't affect the game progress other than quests. So not using them for NPC battles but can be leveled solo in re-battling gyms/ diners without using the lock pokes.

Nikolina2017
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Nikolina2017 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:08 am

Now I would like this event :D Btw yuki you should look out for cheaters XD .Now I wonder if my Sentret fainted,we can´t catch any Sentrets anymore? What if I catch it and want to catch more for perfect nature?
Buying Shiny Poochyena/Mightyena
Give me all your Normal Poochyenas!

yukilongwalk
Trainer
Trainer

Post by yukilongwalk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:04 am

Nikolina2017 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:08 am
Now I would like this event :D Btw yuki you should look out for cheaters XD .Now I wonder if my Sentret fainted,we can´t catch any Sentrets anymore? What if I catch it and want to catch more for perfect nature?
Well Nikolina if you catch one sentret you are stuck with it.. no hunting for perfect nature you use what you have been dealt. Which is again part of the challenge :)

Nikolina2017
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Nikolina2017 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:22 am

Thx you yukishortrun
Buying Shiny Poochyena/Mightyena
Give me all your Normal Poochyenas!

carlos280892
Trainer
Trainer

Post by carlos280892 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:58 pm

OFC im gonna do it and i plan to make a journal of it here in "off-topics" to show my progress

TheParents
Trainer
Trainer

Post by TheParents » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Too hard for me, but have fun to everyone who does this challenge. I love to read the comments and the updated posts in help chat.
:D
Last edited by TheParents on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.