Pokemon Legends Evolution Guide

juliochp
Trainer
Trainer

Pokemon Legends Evolution Guide

Post by juliochp » Sun May 31, 2015 2:49 am

Hello everyone. Staff members, chat moderators and experienced players are constantly attacked with a lot of questions of new players, so I decided to create this guide to help solving some of these doubts. I'll speak about one of my favorite pokemon topics: evolutions. So come with me, let's start professor Julio's evolution class.
(If I'm not allowed to start this, please take my apologies and delete this topic)
UPDATE!!!! This guide was updated October 13th, 2018, due to Storyline Update.

Learning about Evolution: leveling up

We call evolution the action when a pokemon change into a more powerful version of itself, I think we can say that. The pokemon grows, can sometimes change its type or appearence, learn new skills and become stronger. Basically it happens when it reach a certain level of experience, and I hope I don't have to explain that experience is earned by battling, either wild pokemons or other trainers' pokemon. Almost all pokemons evolve when reach certain levels, and it'll be so long to list every pokemon and its levels, but you can check all of these in the game pokedex. And for those who are used to the Nintendo Games, it happens to be the same levels as the official. But we also have other types of evolution: using stones, trade, friendship, skills learned and location are examples. So let's see them.

Evolution using Stones

There are in game certain special stones that can evolve certain pokemons. They can be bought in the pokemarts or exchanged by prize tickets on Sandmarsh Town. To use them, you just need to go to your pokemon stats page, click on the button "use item", select the item on the list that opens on the screen, and click on "Use". It will make your pokemon evolve no matter its level. Let's see the stones and the pokemons that they evolve:

1. Fire Stone:

Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image

2. Water Stone:

Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image (Panpour is not in the maps yet)

3. Thunder Stone:

Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image (Shiny tynamo is currently available as prize on Masters Tournament)

4. Leaf Stone:

Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image

5. Sun Stone:

Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image (Pokemon available during Fall of the Summer event)
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image (Helioptile is not in the maps yet)

6. Moon Stone:

Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image =Image
Image + Image = Image (Muna was catchable only during 2016 and 2017 Valentine's Event)

7. Shiny Stone:

Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image (One Minccino per player was obtainable during the Fall of the Summer event)

8. Dusk Stone:

Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image (Litwick was available during 2015, 2016 and 2017 Halloween Events and its shiny form is currently obtainable as prize on Masters Tournament)
Image + Image = Image (Honedge is not in the maps yet)

9. Dawn Stone:

Image (male) + Image = Image
Image (female) + Image = Image

Evolution by Trade

This kind of evolution requires that you trade your pokemon with another player to evolve it (Some players have another account to execute this evolution, or you can choose to trade with someone you trust, so they'll sent your pokemon evolved back to you). It also can happen in two ways, some pokemon only need to be traded to evolve, but there are some that need to be holding certain item. To do this, just go to your pokemon stats page, click on the button "Attach Item" (IMPORTANT: you'll attach the item, not use it), then select the item on a list of the itens in your bag. The itens required for evolution can be exchanged for prize tickets at Sandmarsh Town (almost all), and they'll disappear when your pokemon evolve. Let's see this list:

Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image (not in maps yet)
Image = Image (not in maps yet)
Image = Image (Available during 2015, 2016 and 2017 Halloween Event)
Image = Image (Available during 2015 and 2016 Halloween Event)

Using items:

Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image
Image + Image = Image (Untill now Feebas is evolving by leveling once on any lvl)
Image + (Sachet) = Image (pokémon and item not in maps yet)
Image + (Whipped Dream) = Image (pokémon and item not in maps yet)

There's also the specific case of Karrablast and Shelmet, that need to be traded for each other to evolve. For now the evolution happens on a simple trade.
Image = Image
Image = Image

Evolution by Friendship

That kind of evolution happens when your pokemon is feeling happy with you, they need love to this. However, it's not working on game by now, so if you check on your pokedex it will say that the pokemon evolves at level 0. To make the evolution happen you just need to level your pokemon up once. With the New Update of day/night time, evolutions under that condition are now working, so we can evolve to Umbreon now. Let's see the list:

Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image
Image = Image (pokémon was catchable during 2017 Valentine's Event)
Image = Image
Image (day) = Image
Image(day) = Image
Image (day) = Image (pokémon not in maps yet)
Image (night) = Image
Image (night) = Image (only chimecho available for now)

Evolution by Level + Item

Used to happen when a pokemon was leveled up holding certain item. For now, it's the same case as friendship (level 0), you just need to level it once. No need for the item:

Image (Image - during day) = Image (Shiny Happiny is currently obtainable as Masters Tournament prize)
Image (Image - at night) = Image
Image (Razor Claw - at night) = Image

Evolution by Level and Period
These pokemon evolve when reaching the correct level in a specific period of the day.
Image level 39 during Day = Image
Image level 39 during Night = Image

Evolution by Skills Learned

Introduced on the 4th generation, the pokemon evolved when learning certain skill. For now, it's also the friendship case (level 0), you just need to level it once:

Image (Ancient Power) = Image
Image (Rollout) = Image
Image (Double Hit) = Image
Image (Mimic) = Image (only Mr. Mime available in game right now)
Image (Mimic) = Image
Image (fairy skill + friendship) = Image (You can evolve your eevee into Sylveon by giving it at least 2 hearts, make eevee learn 1 fairy skill and then level it up once)

Evolution in specific place

Introduced on the 4th generation, the pokemon need to be leveled up in determined place. For now, it's also the friendship case (level 0), you just need to level it once (anywhere):

Image (magnetic stones) = Image
Image (magnetic stones) = Image
Image (moss rock) = Image (some Moss Stones are being raffled on Home page, good luck on getting one and evolving your eevee into leafeon. PS.: they need to be used on the pokemon)
Image (ice rock) = Image (during the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Winter Event there was one Ice Stone available per user, this new item evolve eevee into glaceon, you just need to use it on the pokemon)

Evolution by stats number

It's a case exclusive of Tyrogue Image, depends of the number of its Attack and Defense stats:
If attack > defense = Image
If attack < defense = Image
If attack = defense = Image

Special Cases

1. There's the Wurmple Image case, that involves complicated calcs. You just need to have luck and find a Wurmple that will evolve to Silcoon Image or Cascoon Image, or just go and catch the evolved forms.

2. Shedinja. When a nincada Image reaches the level 20, it will evolve to Ninjask Image. But if you happen to have a blank space on your team and one available pokeball you will receive also a Shedinja Image.

I hope you all have learned something and enjoyed the class. I hope I can update this soon with new information and maybe images. Anything else just let a comment saying your thoghts or possible mistakes. See you all in game. :) :ugeek:

juliochp
Last edited by juliochp on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:37 am, edited 19 times in total.
juliochp

bezarius

Re: Pokemon Legends Evolution Guide

Post by bezarius » Sun May 31, 2015 3:01 am

Great job Julio ty a lot bro :D

Numayell
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Numayell » Sun May 31, 2015 5:03 am

Awesome job! Adding this to Guides section of the starter guide! Keep it up!

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Aerobous » Sun May 31, 2015 6:46 pm

Some of these listings are off. I will update with the better fixings in this comment.

Slowpoke Evolves Into Slowbro Leveling Up Not By Trade w/ Item.

Feebas Evolves Into Milotic By +1 Level Up.

Inkay (Which I Currently Can Breed By A Lot) DOES evolved into Malamar at L.30

For Froslass And Gallade They DO Need To Be Male + Use The Stones
Even though It Is NOT Mentioned In The Pokedex.

For Swirlix and Spritzee (Which I Currently Can Breed By A Lot) The Items Are Not Yet Available.

For Tyrogue, The Problem With It Is That It Only Has Been Evolving Into Hitmonlee.
Image "For My Part I Know Nothing With Any Certainty, But The Sight Of Stars Makes Me Dream."
PL Game Rules | PL Location Guide

juliochp
Trainer
Trainer

Post by juliochp » Sun May 31, 2015 11:11 pm

Aerobous wrote:Some of these listings are off. I will update with the better fixings in this comment.

I think I explained that on my text o.o, anyway I'll try to make it clearer
juliochp

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Aerobous » Sun May 31, 2015 11:19 pm

Should add pictures or something xD
Image "For My Part I Know Nothing With Any Certainty, But The Sight Of Stars Makes Me Dream."

nayanbhargava
Trainer
Trainer

Post by nayanbhargava » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:25 am

amazing work :D :D :D :D

JamesCarter

Post by JamesCarter » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:23 pm

I have one question, the pokemons that needs an item to evolve like for example dusclops to dusknoir, does it need to be attach to the pokemon or be use like you would normally do with a stone?

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Re:

Post by Aerobous » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:34 pm

JamesCarter wrote:I have one question, the pokemons that needs an item to evolve like for example dusclops to dusknoir, does it need to be attach to the pokemon or be use like you would normally do with a stone?
attach

juliochp
Trainer
Trainer

Re:

Post by juliochp » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:36 am

JamesCarter wrote:I have one question, the pokemons that needs an item to evolve like for example dusclops to dusknoir, does it need to be attach to the pokemon or be use like you would normally do with a stone?
It was already explained on text, but I updated and put it in highlights :)
juliochp