The Progress the Legends Make.

You can ask questions about Pokemon Legends here.
Post Reply
OLIIIEE
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:02 pm

The Progress the Legends Make.

Post by OLIIIEE » Wed May 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi! I already saw the announcement that PP made, and I’m completely aware what’s happening and we got to wait until the server will be back again. But there are some few questions that’s making me wonder.

I would just like to bring up the question(s) to avoid certain confusion of what may happen after the site’s security renewal ( I forgot the proper term, sorry).

First up is-
• Are the progresses made during this time (Expiration of the site’s security) saved/written to our account or will it be gone after the renewal of security?
-It just bugs/worries me since I can freely access to the game (with the help of PP’s guide on how to access to the game with the advanced setting) and makes me wonder if it will be saved even though there’s this security’s expiration notice.

Second is-
• Are the log-in streaks will be counted/ continue to be counted? Or our streak will be cut and restart to 0?
-Same reason, i just wonder if the actions we make in the game counts during this time or the server is just displaying the coded/programmed frames but in reality is we do not do progress in the real phase?

That’s all and thank you for reading my questions out! Hope that the Pokemon Legends community can play again and the Legends will continue to make history.

User avatar
PrincessPhoenix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1063
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:02 am
Location: Wherever the Magikarp are hiding

Re: The Progress the Legends Make.

Post by PrincessPhoenix » Wed May 15, 2019 7:53 pm

The cert has no real relation to progresses saved or database storage so any progress made in game will still be saved. The SSL certificate allows the game to use the https encrypted connection instead of http and that's pretty much all it does. When the browsers detect an expired certificate it will throw up warnings because the loss of the https connection is a security issue on sites that use it (the forum never used encrypted connection so that's why this area is still up).

Depending on how many SSL certs the game uses the images I recall were also using an encrypted connection so those might fail to load too at some point until a developer renews it, so I'm not sure if anyone can actually do anything in game at some point if all the certs expire at the same time.

Login streaks are still counted, but since people will not log in when presented with the security warning I am quite sure many will lose their streaks because they are not logging in. I don't blame them for not logging in; I just hoped the devs renewed it faster before the loss of login streaks became an issue.
ImageI'm not a developer. | Visit PL's IRC channel!

User avatar
Olmagon
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 5:11 am
Location: Kinner Region—underground river

Re: The Progress the Legends Make.

Post by Olmagon » Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 am

all i care is my bday egg. should come today and waited all year for it. it still comes right?
No matter how good you are,there's always someone who calls you a noob
And that's okay
BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS GET YOUR REVENGE!!!!!

OLIIIEE
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: The Progress the Legends Make.

Post by OLIIIEE » Thu May 16, 2019 6:06 am

PrincessPhoenix wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:53 pm
The cert has no real relation to progresses saved or database storage so any progress made in game will still be saved. The SSL certificate allows the game to use the https encrypted connection instead of http and that's pretty much all it does. When the browsers detect an expired certificate it will throw up warnings because the loss of the https connection is a security issue on sites that use it (the forum never used encrypted connection so that's why this area is still up).

Depending on how many SSL certs the game uses the images I recall were also using an encrypted connection so those might fail to load too at some point until a developer renews it, so I'm not sure if anyone can actually do anything in game at some point if all the certs expire at the same time.

Login streaks are still counted, but since people will not log in when presented with the security warning I am quite sure many will lose their streaks because they are not logging in. I don't blame them for not logging in; I just hoped the devs renewed it faster before the loss of login streaks became an issue.
Oh thank you! But a last question(maybe), So we can assure to have a saved game progress even we play during this time even though it says ‘false connection’?

Hoping for the quick solution to happen so we can all play once again! Looking forward to continue interacting and training :cry: , again thank you.

User avatar
LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 am
Location: Hiding, for the sake of peace.

Re: The Progress the Legends Make.

Post by LoneWarrior » Thu May 16, 2019 8:09 am

OLIIIEE wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:06 am
PrincessPhoenix wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:53 pm
The cert has no real relation to progresses saved or database storage so any progress made in game will still be saved. The SSL certificate allows the game to use the https encrypted connection instead of http and that's pretty much all it does. When the browsers detect an expired certificate it will throw up warnings because the loss of the https connection is a security issue on sites that use it (the forum never used encrypted connection so that's why this area is still up).

Depending on how many SSL certs the game uses the images I recall were also using an encrypted connection so those might fail to load too at some point until a developer renews it, so I'm not sure if anyone can actually do anything in game at some point if all the certs expire at the same time.

Login streaks are still counted, but since people will not log in when presented with the security warning I am quite sure many will lose their streaks because they are not logging in. I don't blame them for not logging in; I just hoped the devs renewed it faster before the loss of login streaks became an issue.
Oh thank you! But a last question(maybe), So we can assure to have a saved game progress even we play during this time even though it says ‘false connection’?

Hoping for the quick solution to happen so we can all play once again! Looking forward to continue interacting and training :cry: , again thank you.
False connection is with the chat server, not with the game box one which you play on
Items Guide | Force & Faint Switch explained
Forum Shop | Grayview Update Guide

~~~~~~~~

What the Caterpie calls the end of the world, the master calls a Butterfree.





User avatar
BadumChang97
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:23 am
Location: Route 3 Grotto 10 Hours Straight

Re: The Progress the Legends Make.

Post by BadumChang97 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:12 am

how long do you think till it fixes
Mudkip Party Do You Lieks?

OLIIIEE
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: The Progress the Legends Make.

Post by OLIIIEE » Thu May 16, 2019 12:05 pm

LoneWarrior wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:09 am
OLIIIEE wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:06 am
PrincessPhoenix wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:53 pm
The cert has no real relation to progresses saved or database storage so any progress made in game will still be saved. The SSL certificate allows the game to use the https encrypted connection instead of http and that's pretty much all it does. When the browsers detect an expired certificate it will throw up warnings because the loss of the https connection is a security issue on sites that use it (the forum never used encrypted connection so that's why this area is still up).

Depending on how many SSL certs the game uses the images I recall were also using an encrypted connection so those might fail to load too at some point until a developer renews it, so I'm not sure if anyone can actually do anything in game at some point if all the certs expire at the same time.

Login streaks are still counted, but since people will not log in when presented with the security warning I am quite sure many will lose their streaks because they are not logging in. I don't blame them for not logging in; I just hoped the devs renewed it faster before the loss of login streaks became an issue.
Oh thank you! But a last question(maybe), So we can assure to have a saved game progress even we play during this time even though it says ‘false connection’?

Hoping for the quick solution to happen so we can all play once again! Looking forward to continue interacting and training :cry: , again thank you.
False connection is with the chat server, not with the game box one which you play on
Just making sure, thank you.

Post Reply