Harassment

Forum rules
This forum is for reports against other players. If you are reporting a bug or error, go to the Error Report Forum.

Screenshots are required for all reports, otherwise staff most likely will not take any action.
Narrowcaster
Trainer
Trainer

Harassment

Post by Narrowcaster » Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 am

Rule(s) Violated:
-Rule 2 Subcategories:
Rule 2.1) Provoking a fight, harassing or purposely annoying other users
Rule 2.2) (Extreme) negativity or hostility to the game environment.
Rule 2.4) Spamming and/or flooding

prnt.sc/nonmf6

This player has repeatedly verbally attacked me on the public trade channels. It occurs whenever I advertise that I am selling fd. Normally, I just brush it off and go about my day. However, this player has crossed the line this time and would not stop despite multiple attempts asking him to please stop with the harassment.

On this particular day, I allowed it to go on for far too long. After I realized how extreme his harassment was, I asked him SIX times to stop harassing me. That number is no exaggeration either and can be seen in the last half of the screenshot.

Narrowcaster: Well then stop attacking me...please?
*continues*
Narrowcaster: pretty please?
*continues*
Narrowcaster: Can you just stop please.
*continues*
Narrowcaster: I really wish you would stop with the personal attacks.
Narrowcaster: Asking you again nicely.
*continues*
Narrowcaster: Quark, please. Just go about your day.

As you can see, this should not be acceptable in any scenario. Not in the real world, and certainly not in a family-friendly game.
It seems this player has a personal grudge against me, despite my attempts to be civil and be on good terms with everyone I meet. He seems to dislike fd sellers in general and has very strong feelings and opinions that he can't keep to himself.

I would have been fine discussing this privately in a PM, but no option was given to me that day. It was personal attack after attack in the public channels.

I hope this kind of behavior is not condoned by the staff and community in this game. As some of you may know, I am returning from a 3 year hiatus and it's my first few weeks back. This was not a warm welcome, and a very poor representation of this great community.
I hope something can be done about this.

@Hukora
Last edited by Narrowcaster on Wed May 15, 2019 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

seahawkfan103
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Harassment

Post by seahawkfan103 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:05 am

Do you have ss?
I love my marvel

Narrowcaster
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Narrowcaster » Wed May 15, 2019 1:17 am

seahawkfan103 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:05 am
Do you have ss?
prnt.sc/nonmf6

It has been edited in the main post. The [img] tags were not working properly for me.

quarktheshark
Trainer
Trainer

Post by quarktheshark » Wed May 15, 2019 11:05 am

for now i'm just gonna say this, narrowcaster i don't hate you. i don't hold any personal grudge against you at all, personally i think you are a nice person, i am not mad that you are a fd seller i am not mad that you are a player, i in no way have any personal hate towards you at all, i will wholeheartedly step up and say i'm sorry for my outburst and me giving you a hard time when we started to argue about the worth or sh gibble, i understand the way i acted was very childish, and totally uncalled for and again i'm sorry for lashing out at you like that, it was not right on my part.

i have a whole lot more to talk about but i just don't have the time sadly i've gotta leave for work out of state for a few days and i wont be back at my computer till about 6 days from now, but i will be posting a reply in regards to this report as well as a appeal as soon as i can.

for the most part its not that i hate fd players.. its that i dislike the ego they obtain the richer they get, or the more power they have on the monopoly that is fd, to me its just a easy way to become famous in the game. and i'm guessing with the way you said sh gibble wasn't worth 50m it just really seemed like you had that ego that ''i know everything'' ego and a long with somewhat of a bad day it just set me off and i went full zeus on you, for around 5 mins, and then i took your advice and went on with my day after that i didn't even mention you at all till the report in the forms.

that easily could have been zeus or any other player that day over any subject, because everyone is rude like that in some way or another, i may have said some harsh things that were out of line that im totally sorry for but i wasn't in not way trying to harass you personally, i wasn't in no way trying to jeopardize the family-friendly aspect of the game at all... nevertheless i love this game and altho you don't know me that well i'm really not the monster your kinda painting me out to me here, i really hope we can settle this and let bygones be bygones, because i'm totally aware my actions were uncalled, and that kind of behavior is not of my nature at all and rarely happens. again i'm sorry and ill be posting soon

quarktheshark
Trainer
Trainer

Post by quarktheshark » Wed May 15, 2019 11:06 am

id also like to know how long im ban or if im perma ban..... please and ty

eclipse98
Trainer
Trainer

Post by eclipse98 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:31 am

Quark u were wrong there.. not good. u will get 24hrs i think

ChilenoEnDinamarca
Trainer
Trainer

Post by ChilenoEnDinamarca » Wed May 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Nonthing against quarktheshark, but if you do not like the attitude of any user (int this case an FD seller), you can take ss and make report of it making an explanation of your feelings and let the staff take actions. Provoking and annoying other users will not make any changes, and it will only turn against you.
If you do not like a player in specific, you can ignore him/her and play your game dude.
Arrogance can some times be funny: I sold FD once, I did not think I was god, because I'm god xDDDD
If you do not like the prices then there is nothing to discuss. Some are cheaper and some xpencive.
I hope quarktheshark does not take it personally, but as I said, if the attitude of Narrowcaster is somehow toxi/annoying/etc, etc... make a report about it and let the staff take actions. Sometimes it is better to make a report instead of giving same reasons to same persons, because they do not want to learn neither change.

Narrowcaster, sometimes we as users are forced to put the chat in ''off'' to avoid having a disturbed day. It is better than argue with people.
Best of Luck
Chileno.
Image Useful guides, click here | Guías en Español, Click aquí! -Miss me?

''I'm on a journey''

ChilenoEnDinamarca
Trainer
Trainer

Post by ChilenoEnDinamarca » Wed May 15, 2019 12:41 pm

quarktheshark wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:06 am
id also like to know how long im ban or if im perma ban..... please and ty
You can ask in the appeal section.

''I'm on a journey''

ChilenoEnDinamarca
Trainer
Trainer

Post by ChilenoEnDinamarca » Wed May 15, 2019 1:07 pm

quarktheshark wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:05 am
for now i'm just gonna say this, narrowcaster i don't hate you. i don't hold any personal grudge against you at all, personally i think you are a nice person, i am not mad that you are a fd seller i am not mad that you are a player, i in no way have any personal hate towards you at all, i will wholeheartedly step up and say i'm sorry for my outburst and me giving you a hard time when we started to argue about the worth or sh gibble, i understand the way i acted was very childish, and totally uncalled for and again i'm sorry for lashing out at you like that, it was not right on my part.

i have a whole lot more to talk about but i just don't have the time sadly i've gotta leave for work out of state for a few days and i wont be back at my computer till about 6 days from now, but i will be posting a reply in regards to this report as well as a appeal as soon as i can.

for the most part its not that i hate fd players.. its that i dislike the ego they obtain the richer they get, or the more power they have on the monopoly that is fd, to me its just a easy way to become famous in the game. and i'm guessing with the way you said sh gibble wasn't worth 50m it just really seemed like you had that ego that ''i know everything'' ego and a long with somewhat of a bad day it just set me off and i went full zeus on you, for around 5 mins, and then i took your advice and went on with my day after that i didn't even mention you at all till the report in the forms.

that easily could have been zeus or any other player that day over any subject, because everyone is rude like that in some way or another, i may have said some harsh things that were out of line that im totally sorry for but i wasn't in not way trying to harass you personally, i wasn't in no way trying to jeopardize the family-friendly aspect of the game at all... nevertheless i love this game and altho you don't know me that well i'm really not the monster your kinda painting me out to me here, i really hope we can settle this and let bygones be bygones, because i'm totally aware my actions were uncalled, and that kind of behavior is not of my nature at all and rarely happens. again i'm sorry and ill be posting soon
Dylanpisani is the richest player and also the most arrogant human being I ever met on a online site, but is not an FD seller, at least for me, lol... I still like him cuz he is a nab who is a good player both competitive and an also a nice shiny hunter. But sometimes has to moderate him self a little >_>

On the other hand I think that if a player sells a shiny bagon for 100m and another player sells it for 80m and a third player for 10m we (all the players able to buy it) can say that is too cheap or too xpencive or that we are getting scammed or they can get scammed for selling it too cheap, players are always welcome to discus prices and reasons. Then it is up to the buyer if the pokemon will be bought or not. Same goes for the FD prices. I can give an example:
I sell RBC for 20k each. I received many mentions and PM in the game, asking why I sell them for 20k each and if it si possible to lower the price. the answer is no and end of discussion, even if I know that my RBCs are extremely overpriced or somehow wrong. But I have my reasons and those reasons are not peoples business. Simple and easy. People do not get mad at me, they do just find another RBC seller who has lower prices and everyone is happy :)
Cya all soon in the game when I have the time.

''I'm on a journey''

Hukora

Post by Hukora » Sun May 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Even though I appreciate the apology, quarktheshark was still harassing Narrowcaster, so they are chat banned for 24 hours.

As for Narrowcaster, comments like "wow your hatred and jealousy is really showing" will only provoke further argument. Even though the other player started to attack you, you should avoid retaliating with comments that would fuel further argument since you may be deemed equally at fault for furthering the argument. Requesting the player to leave you alone is sufficient, and if they continue then you may report.
Happy holidays!