Task master ignores shinies

Errors or glitches on Pokemon Legends can be posted here. Please provide screenshots wherever possible.
Olmagon
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:37 pm

So yesterday the task master (the guy in the top left house at darlinghurst) tasked me to catch 5 pinsir,and I happened to be so lucky that my first encounter in the grass was a shiny pinsir. I caught it and then caught 4 other normal pinsir,which would make 5 pinsirs. But upon seeing the task master again my task is considered incomplete. After catching one more pinsir, he paid me some money for completing the task. So shinies don’t count in his tasks,not sure if this is a glitch or just something that is meant to happen.
No matter how good you are,there's always someone who calls you a noob
And that's okay
BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS GET YOUR REVENGE!!!!!
LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:01 pm

If I remember correctly (and the challenges haven't been changed), catching shiny of a Pokemon is a task in itself. So it is reasonable for task master to not consider shinies.

What the Caterpie calls the end of the world, the master calls a Butterfree.

benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:13 pm

LoneWarrior wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:01 pm
If I remember correctly (and the challenges haven't been changed), catching shiny of a Pokemon is a task in itself. So it is reasonable for task master to not consider shinies.
Then again, A shiny Caterpie would just be Caterpie, just different color. It probably should consider shinies.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
It ain't no getting even,
Here comes the reckoning day.
--Dave Mustaine.
Nexus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:43 pm

If a shiny Pokemon is required, it will specifically ask for the shiny. Otherwise, assume non-special.