I got breeding issues

Errors or glitches on Pokemon Legends can be posted here. Please provide screenshots wherever possible.
Olmagon
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:40 pm

So I put male mawile with seismic toss and female chansey with no item in daycare and the egg hatched into a happiny,even though I didn’t put luck incense on. When I put chimechos in daycare with no incense the child was chimecho and not chingling so why is this happening to chansey? Also the happiny didn’t get the seismic toss egg move that it should have.
No matter how good you are,there's always someone who calls you a noob
And that's okay
BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS GET YOUR REVENGE!!!!!
Nikolina2017
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:05 pm

I know one answer. This game follows Gen 6 not 7. Happiny does not learn Seismic Toss in Gen 6 by breeding from what I checked. You can check Pokedex in PL for Happiny to see if this is correct.
Caw Caw Shop~! Recruiting Breeders/Lvl up Servicers~!
Caw Caw Shop~!

Nexus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:09 pm

As for why Happiny instead of Chansey... only devs can answer that x-x
Nebo
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:07 pm

Chansey can learn Seismic Toss as an eggmove in gen 6 (Happiny can't but Chansey can) as can be seen here: https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/chansey/moves/6 or https://www.pokemonlegends.com/monsterpedia?id=113

In my opinion, Chansey should be able to learn Seismic Toss as an eggmove just like Marill is able to learn Aqua Jet as an eggmove, despite the fact Azurill can't learn Aqua jet as an eggmove just like Happiny can't learn Seismic Toss as an eggmove.

Why does it work for Marill and doesn't work for Chansey?
I think it's because in this game the eggmoves that can be passed down are determined by the eggmoves the offspring can learn and not the eggmoves the mother can learn. When the mother is Marill, the offspring is also Marill (which can learn Aqua Jet as an eggmove). But when the mother is Chansey, the offspring is happiny (which can't learn Seismic Toss as an eggmove).

I don't know if it can be considered as a bug cause maybe the devs meant for it to work like this when they made it, but I think it would be more fair if a poke can learn all the eggmoves defined for it, regardless of whether the offspring is the same poke as the mother or it's pre-evolution.

Thanks to SilentCobra for the amazing signature! Sugoi :D
Zeus82
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:05 am

pretty sure its the same with munchlax n snorlax.

i forget what i was trying to breed onto it for a breeding chain but it didnt pass thru as an egg move.

might of been zen headbutt 2 maybe.
since breed on munchlax but move tutor on snorlax.

breeding without aqua jet n such i think offspring is azurill , im not 100% sure but i do remember someone arguing poorly over it.
Nexus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 am

It's a bug that Happiny can be bred without using the appropriate item. Especially when the same doesn't happen for Mantyke, Bonsly etc.
Olmagon
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:51 am

Nexus wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 am
It's a bug that Happiny can be bred without using the appropriate item. Especially when the same doesn't happen for Mantyke, Bonsly etc.
Then is it bug abuse to breed happiny?
No matter how good you are,there's always someone who calls you a noob
And that's okay
BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS GET YOUR REVENGE!!!!!