Paypal's 10$ Donation

Errors or glitches on Pokemon Legends can be posted here. Please provide screenshots wherever possible.
neoarcadianguardian
Trainer
Trainer

Paypal's 10$ Donation

Post by neoarcadianguardian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:37 am

Hey Guys,

I guess you're already aware of this but, just shedding back the spotlight on this matter. The 10$ Donation Paypal System only funds 22 Tokens while using the Credit Card System funds 25 Tokens for the same 10$. Is this supposed to be that way or does it need to be corrected?

Regards,
Neo
If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Paypal's 10$ Donation

Post by LoneWarrior » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:16 am

It is supposed to be that way only :v
Items Guide
Forum Shop

~~~~~~~~

What the Caterpie calls the end of the world, the master calls a Butterfree.

neoarcadianguardian
Trainer
Trainer

Post by neoarcadianguardian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:15 pm

So why favor one method over the other? Seems a bit weird, it's the same 10$ we're donating shouldn't we get the full benefit?
If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

PrincessPhoenix
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PrincessPhoenix » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:33 pm

From what I recall about Stripe vs Paypal, Stripe charges for all premium features individually while Paypal gives the entire premium package with each token purchase. So if you bought the $10 Paypal tokens you get the tokens + premium + follower while Stripe just gives tokens. For first time people the Paypal one would be more beneficial for them but for people who are already premium the Stripe one would be better.

The dev in charge of the transaction system also used to adjust rewards to account for fees taken out by the 3rd party host, so if the transaction company took a 30% cut of it in fees and the other one took only 20%, the game rewards would adjust to give more for the transaction that had less money taken out of it. This was a major problem when the game used to use SuperRewards but it doesn't seem to be the case now, although the fees might also account for the discrepancy.
ImageI'm not a developer. | Visit PL's IRC channel!

neoarcadianguardian
Trainer
Trainer

Post by neoarcadianguardian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Ahh, thank you for clearing it up, the point you touched where the benefits come from the package payment I understand. So I guess another thing to do would be to adjust the Paypal system to also pay for tokens separately just like Stripe does. I'm not fully aware of how much Paypal charges but I guess it could be up for consideration if it's more cost effective.