Charmander learning Metal Claw at an early level.

Suggestions for Pokemon Legends can be shared here.
benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:50 am

Charmander learning Metal Claw at level 13.

I checked the pokedex page on pokemonlegends the only way it said it could learn it in game was breeding.

The reason is, lots of new players who choose Charmander struggle on the first and 2nd gym. The first gym is rock type. Im applying the same logic here that GameFreak did to FireRed. (the first gym was also rock type).

Sorry if Charmander already gets it from level up I checked and couldent find it.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
It ain't no getting even,
Here comes the reckoning day.
--Dave Mustaine.
Nikolina2017
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:22 pm

This game follows Gen 6 not Gen 7. In Gen 6 it learns Metal Claw by breeding. You get a free Pikachu for 2nd Gym and there are lots of Grass and Water Types for 1st Gym.
In Game Freak's early stage game you didn't really find much Water Types (if I am correct)compared to Pokémon Legends when there are a lot of them atleast 6 to be find.
Caw Caw Shop~! Recruiting Breeders/Lvl up Servicers~!
Caw Caw Shop~!

benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:32 pm

I was more thinking about the people who are new to pokemon, Choose Charmander because its the only thing they know, and end up getting rekt at the first gym. I think giving it metal claw would solve the First Gym problem.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
--Dave Mustaine.
Nikolina2017
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:00 pm

benguy2211 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:32 pm
I was more thinking about the people who are new to pokemon, Choose Charmander because its the only thing they know, and end up getting rekt at the first gym. I think giving it metal claw would solve the First Gym problem.
Nikolina2017 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:22 pm
This game follows Gen 6 not Gen 7. In Gen 6 it learns Metal Claw by breeding. You get a free Pikachu for 2nd Gym and there are lots of Grass and Water Types for 1st Gym.
In Game Freak's early stage game you didn't really find much Water Types (if I am correct)compared to Pokémon Legends when there are a lot of them atleast 6 to be find.
They also know Pikachu. They'll be mostly asking for free Pokémons in Trade Chat or ask help which pokémons would defeat this gym. Also Charmander can't kill those two gyms with Metal Claw only..
Caw Caw Shop~!

MonkeyFaceChimpBoy
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:23 pm

yup magcargo wrecks
benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:39 pm

A side benefit of this would be that it would stop people from asking for free pokes in trade chat.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
--Dave Mustaine.
Nikolina2017
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:19 pm

benguy2211 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:39 pm
A side benefit of this would be that it would stop people from asking for free pokes in trade chat.
Charmander with Metal Claw will barely do anything. And it won't stop people begging. Lol
Caw Caw Shop~!

Nexus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:07 pm

This is a troll suggestion. Same as his Zoroark comments on the egg trade thread. These posts are not appreciated.
benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:49 pm

Nexus. Its actually not. I had this problem when I started the game. So did a lot of other people, it seems It'll enable charmander to be more effective against the first gym. And it should be able to stop people from begging. Being super effective on rock type moves. Im just saying this because lots of people who ive given pokemon to say its hard to beat the first gym with Charmander. This is not a troll suggestion at all.

(check GameFreak's reasoning for giving Charmander metal claw at level 13 in FireRed/LeafGreen. Its because those were the only 2 to start off with a Rock type gym).

This is just a suggestion, and would probably make the game a little easier for new players. For the second Gym they can use that easy-to-get Pikachu.

Edit: I actually just asked in game and people said that's what they get from choosing Charmander.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
--Dave Mustaine.
Nikolina2017
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:33 pm

benguy2211 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:49 pm
Nexus. Its actually not. I had this problem when I started the game. So did a lot of other people, it seems It'll enable charmander to be more effective against the first gym. And it should be able to stop people from begging. Being super effective on rock type moves. Im just saying this because lots of people who ive given pokemon to say its hard to beat the first gym with Charmander. This is not a troll suggestion at all.

(check GameFreak's reasoning for giving Charmander metal claw at level 13 in FireRed/LeafGreen. Its because those were the only 2 to start off with a Rock type gym).

This is just a suggestion, and would probably make the game a little easier for new players. For the second Gym they can use that easy-to-get Pikachu.

Edit: I actually just asked in game and people said that's what they get from choosing Charmander.
THIS WILL NOT STOP PEOPLE FROM BEGGING. There are also a lot of Water and Grass Types at the start all the way to 2nd Gym. This game follows Gen 6. Charmander learning Metal Claw will NOT help defeat 1st Gym.
Caw Caw Shop~!