Headbutt Trees, Digholes, Dive Spots & Breakable Rocks

Suggestions for Pokemon Legends can be shared here.
Nebo
Trainer
Trainer

Headbutt Trees, Digholes, Dive Spots & Breakable Rocks

Post by Nebo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:37 am

Hi :)

The standard, basic idea is to have obstacles headbutt trees, digholes, dive spots and breakable rocks on different maps in the game. A poke with the move Headbutt would be required for headbutt trees. A poke with the move Dig would be required for digholes. A poke with the move Dive would be required for dive spots. A poke with the move Rock Smash would be required for breakable rocks. Any poke, of any level, could be used for the respective obstacle. All obstacles could be reset every 24 hours (like the carrots, honey and berry trees in Honeybun Farm in Future Orden), or some different obstacles could be reset every different amount of time, for example - headbutt trees every 24 hours, digholes every 48 hours, etc...
At each of the obstacles it would be possible to find pokemons, items, or nothing, which should be compatible with the type of the obstacle. For example, in digholes it would be possible to find ground pokes, pokes with affinity to ground and items with or without affinity to ground, like Big Nuggets. Pokes and items that can be encountered at obstacles in each location could be fixed or changed every once in a while. There should be a chance to encounter non-maps at least in some of the maps, and making them male-only is preferred so players will still want to catch them for breeding or try to shiny hunt them when they are later released in events, which also makes it more challenging to get an OP male poke or a shiny poke from at an obstacle. Pokes should have different encounter rarity when encountered at obstacles, accordingly to their quality or availability in the game. If those are adapted into the game, I suppose there's no need to put them in all maps at once, but could release them in different maps every now and then until most maps have them.

That's it for the basic idea.

Additions: If there would be a will to make it more challenging and make the players work harder, obstacles could require specific pokes at specific levels in order to remove them, for example, a headbutt tree could require the player to bring an originally owned lvl 70 Granbull. Obstacles on different maps could have different requirements. It's also possible to ask the players to complete a mission first (like "defeat 20 _____"/"catch 5 _____"/"collect 10 ______", etc...) in order to be able to remove the obstacle. There could also be a few special obstacles that require a special kind of sacrifice (like the sacrifice quest in Willowsteen Town as an example). There are other options for additions and things to make this diverse, challenging and fun of course.

Thank you for your time :)

Thanks to SilentCobra for the amazing signature! Sugoi :D

Hukora
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Headbutt Trees, Digholes, Dive Spots & Breakable Rocks

Post by Hukora » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:39 pm

+1

This would give people more things to do between events or storyline updates. Additionally, I enjoy the challenge added by additional requirements. For even more challenge, a challenger can be faced at these interact-able "obstacles", something actually challenging like you'd need to defeat a level 150 Grandbull with your own originally-owned level 70 Granbull. Greater challenges would earn an opportunity at a greater reward.
Don't be afraid to be a Skitty in a world of Meowths.
Sending well wishes to everyone.

CharmlessNarwhal2468
Trainer
Trainer
Discord: Narwhale#3977

Post by CharmlessNarwhal2468 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:09 pm

+1
More Activity will lead to more fun and keep more players playing PL and greater challenges would keep us entertained while no events are current.
Also, ik that this probobaly should be in an another section of the forum but i was just wondering when the next updates for mega stones would come out. :D
Image Image ~ Akatsuki Revenge ~

Zeus82
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Zeus82 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:31 pm

+1 like the idea.. seen it other games and it works.

ChilenoEnDinamarca
Trainer
Trainer

Post by ChilenoEnDinamarca » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:38 pm

It was tricky to see the bush leading to Latios and Latias quest, more of those! +1
Useful guides, click here | Guías en Español, Click aquí!
-Miss me?

''I'm on a journey''

AkatsukiTojo
Trainer
Trainer

Post by AkatsukiTojo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 pm

+1
i like idea of dig spots,tree and break rock. But I feel dive will lost its attention due to player can already dive with item in deep water. And I think the use of moves such as dig,headbutt on did spots and trees should have more requirements like full heart or certain minimum lvl on pokemon who carry move use there or both.

Nebo
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Nebo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:06 am

I'm glad all you guys like the idea, thank you :) As well as thanks for the shared ideas regarding the additional challenges. If anybody has more ideas, please share them so the staff would have a larger variety of options to choose from in case they decide to add these obstacles to the game. :D

AkatsukiTojo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 pm
i like idea of dig spots,tree and break rock. But I feel dive will lost its attention due to player can already dive with item in deep water.
I knew I should've explained a little bit about dive spots since players are probably unfamiliar with it.
I was thinking about other possible obstacles like digholes and then the idea of dive spots crossed my mind. So basically the dive spots i'm suggesting is pretty much the same like digholes just that at dive spots a pokemon with the move Dive is required and then it dives in the water while at digholes a pokemon with the move Dig is required and then it digs in the ground.

Dive spots are spots in the water where, according to the basic idea , a pokemon can dive if it has the move Dive. The pokemon dives in the water and comes back to the surface of water with either nothing or with a reward - an item or a pokemon (could be a battle with a pokemon which you have to defeat/catch in order to obtain, or you simply obtain the pokemon just by finding it while diving), that's according to the basic idea (without the possible additional challenges). I like to think of dive spots as spots where the player can find a hidden treasure by diving in the water.
Dive spots may have an icon (an example could be a bit darker water tile than the water tiles surrounding it, or it may not have an icon at all and then players will just have to walk over all the water tiles in the water body, spamming X in hopes of locating a dive spot (this applies for the other obstacles as well). Dive spots shouldn't be added to very shallow water bodies, and by "very shallow" I mean water bodies with bottoms that are visible. For example, the ponds on Route 4 and Sandmarsh Rainforest (Future Orden where you can find Pansage) would not have dive spots inside them. Dive spots would be available inside water bodies where the bottom of the water body can't be seen, which implies it's deep enough to dive into even if it's not very deep or as deep as oceanic water.

Examples for water bodies where dive spots could be available -
The first 4 example are in-game locations while the 5th isn't but it serves as another example for a water body where dive spots could be available.
As for the "dive" we currently have in the game, this kind of dive is different than the idea of diving and dive spots i'm suggesting heree. Currently, there's only 1 location in the game (ss neptune) where the player themselves, not the pokemon, dives in the water, a very, unusually deep water, in order to access the undersea floor maps as a part of the storyline - image of the undersea floor:
In the current "dive" we have in the game: There are no rewards while dive spots would have rewards. There are no challenges while dive spots could have challenges., An item (snorkel) is required to dive instead of a pokemon with the move Dive. The player is the one to dive instead of the pokemon. There are only 3 water tiles which you can't even step on - here's the image:
that trigger the dialogue of diving, instead of a higher number of available dive spots, in the water, which you are required to step on. The player actually shifts to another map because it's the player who dives while at dive spots the player remains in the same map and location and pokemon is the one to dive. There's only 1 location to dive (ss neptune) while dive spots would be available in several locations, with several dive spots in each location. The dive we have in the game was made for storyline purposes while the purpose of dive spots it to add more challenges and fun to the game as well as more opportunities for rewards on a daily basis (just like the other obstacles).
As you can see, the idea of dive spots is very much different than the "dive" we currently have in the game. Hence, I do not see any chance of one having an effect on the other. Definitely not a negative effect because the two things are fundamentally different.

:D

Zangetsu7
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Zangetsu7 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:02 pm

would be nice to have ....will give more elaborate sidequest/storyline to the current thing :3

Nebo
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Nebo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:06 pm

Thank you Zangy :)

POKEMONMASTERGIRL
Trainer
Trainer

Post by POKEMONMASTERGIRL » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:58 pm

+1 great idea! Id love something more to do than to just finish quests and stuff!