Hardmode mode

How about there is a hardmode its the same game and story except you get a random starter, pokemon are harder to catch, NPCs have super boosted AI, Pokeballs cost more. Gym pokemon levels are +5 higher than they are now. Shiny chance is x10, shiny boosts are removed. Rare pokemon spawn less. Also limiting the level of overpowered pokemon( Like so Gyerados doesn't learn dragon dance).

Just make a optional mode for players to go into thats insanely hard that relies on a lot of knowledge of Pokemon.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
It ain't no getting even,
Here comes the reckoning day.
--Reckoning Day, Megadeth.

How can I be lost, if Ive got nowhere to go?
Open mind for a different view and nothing else matters -- Metallica

Re: Hardmode mode

That is unlikely to happen, especially with the editing to shinies and randomized starter. People can make it challenging for themselves by doing the following:

1. Catch Pokemon with only Pokeballs and no status ailments inflicted on the wild Pokemon (and don't use great or ultra balls)
2. Fight Gyms while your team is much lower leveled
3. Doing a 'nuzlocke' type of run where they limit themselves on what or how many Pokemon they can encounter on each route
4. Only buy Pokeballs and other items from the player shop, which is usually more expensive than in the marts
5. Not using any forum guides or asking for help with quests
6. Raising/training all of the team and quest Pokemon yourself (unless the task specifically requires non-originally owned)

Although, not all of those or even the original storyline requires extensive knowledge of Pokemon.
I'm not a developer. | Visit PL's IRC channel!

PrincessPhoenix wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:43 pm
That is unlikely to happen, especially with the editing to shinies and randomized starter. People can make it challenging for themselves by doing the following:

1. Catch Pokemon with only Pokeballs and no status ailments inflicted on the wild Pokemon (and don't use great or ultra balls)
2. Fight Gyms while your team is much lower leveled
3. Doing a 'nuzlocke' type of run where they limit themselves on what or how many Pokemon they can encounter on each route
4. Only buy Pokeballs and other items from the player shop, which is usually more expensive than in the marts
5. Not using any forum guides or asking for help with quests
6. Raising/training all of the team and quest Pokemon yourself (unless the task specifically requires non-originally owned)

Although, not all of those or even the original storyline requires extensive knowledge of Pokemon.
Okay. I agree 100% with that. Please explain how I can boost the IQ of the NPCs by 10000000% tho...
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,

PrincessPhoenix wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:27 pm
If you want it 10 million percent harder it wouldn't matter what you do because they would be able to one-shot you in every battle. You're better off playing chess against a computer in expert mode.
100000000% harder that doesn’t mean that they would be using level 115s. It just means for example when you send out A electric type they use ground type moves instead of normal type moves, when you send out a ghost type they use Dark type moves instead of normal. When you send out Charizard the opponent uses Hydro cannon before using the move soak(making their hydro cannon not suppereffective).

In fact, I think this game is trying to go as easy as possible as it always uses moves that have no effect before using moves that have any effect and the game only uses moves that actually are super effective when it’s thier last resort.

I’m not saying it needs to be impossible. I can still beat a opposing slacking using Tyranitar, I’m just sayin it would be nice if the Slacking used a fighting type move instead of Giga impact.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,