Suggestions For The Game To Stop Triggered Players

Suggestions for Pokemon Legends can be shared here.

What do you think about the suggestions?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:58 pm

1a. Yes to shiny movement stopper
27%
1b. No to shiny movement stopper
23%
2a. Yes to exp. share
23%
2b. No to exp. share
27%

Total votes: 22

firesnivy
Trainer
Trainer

Suggestions For The Game To Stop Triggered Players

Post by firesnivy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:58 pm

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE VOTING!!!

Shinies are had to find and easy to run past. I believe for everyone that there should be a movement stoper for when people find shinies so they don't walk past the EXTREMELY RARE SHINYS! I know it triggeres people when they walk past shinies and they want them, because I have walked past them. Also this maybe good to apply it for Grotto rares aswell so we don't spend 1 hour finding 5 Bagons and walking past them all. In case the person doesn't want to find the shiny (or the grooto rares) there should be a run button next to the battle button so you don't have to faint it to carry on with your/their journey.

My other suggestion is an exp. share. Sorry if it has been already written somewheres else, it takes to long to read every forum and the comments with it to see if it has been already mentioned. The exp. share would help the people leveling up pokemon on there team and allows you to be able to put one pokemon into battle and start battleing instead of putting the pokemon in need of exp into battle, and then removing it from battle and throwing in a new pokemon and then getting it damaged. And just so it is a little easier for the person or people programing this in, there should also be a limit of how many exp. shares you can have. 1 or 2 would and should be a good and easy number to play with and program in. (because otherwise the programer(s) would have to program in the cases where there is multiple exp. share in the team and have to split the exp acordingly. 1 or 2 (preferable 1) would be best and easyier to program in).

NOTE
For the poll the mods and programers etc will decide overall (because they will have to put it into the game), but it is to help convice them, and help them decide, Yes or No. And people/players, pick one option from the 1a and 1b and one from the 2a and 2b. Please do not vote yes and no for one suggestion and no votes for the other.
Last edited by firesnivy on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just Remember, You Are Never Truly Alone With Music. It Glows To Make The Darkness Of Loneliness Fade Away.

firesnivy
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Suggestions For The Game To Stop Triggered Players

Post by firesnivy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Ok so someone said to me that they can't vote. So pls just vote in the comments if it doesn't work for you either. I will update it and make my own poll soon to get the numbers, so pls vote in the comments.
Just Remember, You Are Never Truly Alone With Music. It Glows To Make The Darkness Of Loneliness Fade Away.

Hukora

Post by Hukora » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:35 pm

Suggestion 1. I disagree. Shiny Pokemon are meant to be rare. Their value is based upon this rarity so if we make it even easier to find shiny Pokemon than it already is (with the PL Google Chrome extension and wild battle format) then this would just decrease their value. Same goes for rare grotto Pokemon. The fun in video games is through its challenge and this suggestion would make the game too easy and no longer as fun. Furthermore, this suggestion would make it possible and encourage people to set up bots that would run around just to get rare or shiny Pokemon.

Suggestion 2. This item has been suggested in the past and as far as I remember it was denied because the game's format of sharing experience is already similar enough to EXP Share that this item is not necessary. All you have to really do is either start with the Pokemon you want to share EXP with and swap it for another Pokemon, or you can start with another Pokemon, swap the Pokemon you want to share EXP with, and swap the other Pokemon back. The Pokemon only needs to be in the battle once to gain experience from other Pokemon of the same NPC, so this current feature in the game is sufficiently easy to use without EXP Share.
Don't be afraid to be a Skitty in a world of Meowths.

firesnivy
Trainer
Trainer

Post by firesnivy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:33 pm

Hukora wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:35 pm
Suggestion 1. I disagree. Shiny Pokemon are meant to be rare. Their value is based upon this rarity so if we make it even easier to find shiny Pokemon than it already is (with the PL Google Chrome extension and wild battle format) then this would just decrease their value. Same goes for rare grotto Pokemon. The fun in video games is through its challenge and this suggestion would make the game too easy and no longer as fun. Furthermore, this suggestion would make it possible and encourage people to set up bots that would run around just to get rare or shiny Pokemon.

Suggestion 2. This item has been suggested in the past and as far as I remember it was denied because the game's format of sharing experience is already similar enough to EXP Share that this item is not necessary. All you have to really do is either start with the Pokemon you want to share EXP with and swap it for another Pokemon, or you can start with another Pokemon, swap the Pokemon you want to share EXP with, and swap the other Pokemon back. The Pokemon only needs to be in the battle once to gain experience from other Pokemon of the same NPC, so this current feature in the game is sufficiently easy to use without EXP Share.

1. This would not decrease there rare value, it would just mean when we FINALLY find the rare/extremely rare pokemons then we will be able to try and catch it instead of accidentally walk past it, triggering all us players.

2. I disagree with this statement, because with the constant back and forth, removal is annoying. It drags the battle out a little, and if you put a lv10 pokemon in to get exp, then change it to a lv100 pokemon to battle, the lv100 takes damage and might even faint. I believe that although it is good, it is not the best way for all of us player to level up pokemon. We don't want to spend 1 hour leveling a pokemon while it could take 1/2 an hour or less with the exp share. It would make the battle be faster and better, and because of the swaping for exp, there is a disadvantage that is unfair that might even cause you to get completely knocked out. This the exp share would also help when you have multiple pokemon to level up so you don't have to put multiple pokemon into battle (once) one by one, one after the other, when you can jump straight into battle with the exp shares, even if it reduces the amount of swaping pokemon in would benefit us players. Otherwise I kindof agree with you.
Last edited by firesnivy on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Post by LoneWarrior » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:47 pm

firesnivy wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:33 pm

This would not decrease there rare value, it would just mean when we FINALLY find the rare/extremely rare pokemons then we will be able to try and catch it instead of accidentally walk past it, triggering all us players.
Or you could try to be a bit less greedy. There is a already a Pokemon Legends Extension which changes the colour of encounter text when you encounter a shiny. You also hear a particular sound.

Even if with such tools you are skipping shinies (and rares) then it is clear that you are being a bit greedy. You can simply walk/run slowly and pay attention to screen while playing.
And (pointing to your original post) - shinies are way lot easier to find than they should be. PL's mechanic of letting you skip encountered Pokemon saves a lot of time (and still you're asking for more).

firesnivy wrote:
2. I disagree with this statement, because with the constant back and forth, removal is annoying. It drags the battle out a little, and if you put a lv10 pokemon in to get exp, then change it to a lv100 pokemon to battle, the lv100 takes damage and might even faint. I believe that although it is good, it is not the best way for all of us player to level up pokemon. We don't want to spend 1 hour leveling a pokemon while it could take 1/2 an hour or less with the exp share. It would make the battle be faster and better, and because of the swaping for exp, there is a disadvantage that is unfair that might even cause you to get completely knocked out. This the exp share would also help when you have multiple pokemon to level up so you don't have to put multiple pokemon into battle (once) one by one, one after the other, when you can jump straight into battle with the exp shares, even if it reduces the amount of swaping pokemon in would benefit us players. Otherwise I kindof agree with you.
For a moment, pause and calculate. In official games, it takes more than double the time to level up to 100 than in PL. This is because of the easy selection system where you can just point to a move and spam/hold X. In PL, even with the lack of Exp Share, levelling is easy, fast and reasonable.
Your insistence for such an item is just another example of greed where you want to save time/effort. As Hukora said, that would no longer keep the game fun.
Last edited by LoneWarrior on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Items Guide | Force & Faint Switch explained
Forum Shop | Grayview Update Guide

~~~~~~~~

What the Caterpie calls the end of the world, the master calls a Butterfree.

firesnivy
Trainer
Trainer

Post by firesnivy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:54 pm

LoneWarrior wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:47 pm
firesnivy wrote:

This would not decrease there rare value, it would just mean when we FINALLY find the rare/extremely rare pokemons then we will be able to try and catch it instead of accidentally walk past it, triggering all us players.
Or you could try to be a bit less greedy. There is a already a Pokemon Legends Extension which changes the colour of encounter text when you encounter a shiny. You also hear a particular sound.
Even if with such tools you are skipping shinies (and rares) then it is clear that you are being a bit greedy. You can simply walk/run slowly and pay attention to screen while playing.
And (pointing to your original post) - shinies are way lot easier to find than they should be. PL's mechanic of letting you skip encountered Pokemon saves a lot of time (and still you're asking for more).
Some people don't have sound on and because there is a low chance to find shinies you become desensitized to it and once you find one you keep going accidentally and walk past it. Excuse me if I can't/am not allowed to have sound and have become desensitized to the colour difference of shiny text.
People also have storylines to complete or are trying to go somewhere as fast as possible so it doesn't take a long-ish time to get from place to place to place.
The mechanic does save alot of time but it, as I have pointed out, makes walking past shinies and grotto pokemon easy. I do like the skipping encountered pokemon, but this does get annoying. I Agree and Dissagree with you here.

firesnivy
Trainer
Trainer

Post by firesnivy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:01 am

LoneWarrior wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:47 pm
For a moment, pause and calculate. In official games, it takes more than double the time to level up to 100 than in PL. This is because of the easy selection system where you can just point to a move and spam/hold X. In PL, even with the lack of Exp Share, levelling is easy, fast and reasonable.
Your insistence for such an item is just another example of greed where you want to save time/effort. As Hukora said, that would no longer keep the game fun.
Ok you are right but pls keep it in mind.

Hukora

Post by Hukora » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:02 am

For the record, making it easier to obtain Pokemon will decrease its value. It's the law of supply and demand. More easily obtainable = more of that Pokemon available (more supply) = decreased value (decreased demand since there's so many and people only want something that is seen as rare). For example, shiny Onix was worth millions of k when there was only a handful of them in the game. Now that shiny Onix is much more easily obtainable due to the winter 2018 event, the value is decreased to a few hundred k.

If you want an easier game, then look for another easier game. This game is easy enough as it is and making it easier would just make it boring.
Don't be afraid to be a Skitty in a world of Meowths.

LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Post by LoneWarrior » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:07 am

firesnivy wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:54 pm
Some people don't have sound on and because there is a low chance to find shinies you become desensitized to it and once you find one you keep going accidentally and walk past it. Excuse me if I can't/am not allowed to have sound and have become desensitized to the colour difference of shiny text.
People also have storylines to complete or are trying to go somewhere as fast as possible so it doesn't take a long-ish time to get from place to place to place.
The mechanic does save alot of time but it, as I have pointed out, makes walking past shinies and grotto pokemon easy. I do like the skipping encountered pokemon, but this does get annoying. I Agree and Dissagree with you here.
Well, if you are skipping a shiny, it is no one else's fault other than yours. When hunting (and with that much "skipping experience"), you should understand the risks involved in running fast while not paying attention. Even with the sound off, the orange text is clearly visible. And everytime you skip a shiny, you should learn patience and pay more attention from next time (I call them the Rules of Hunting).
And yet, you want something easier...
Consider shinies the reward for patient hunting and paying attention. If you skip it, then you probably don't deserve it.
Items Guide | Force & Faint Switch explained
Forum Shop | Grayview Update Guide

~~~~~~~~

What the Caterpie calls the end of the world, the master calls a Butterfree.

firesnivy
Trainer
Trainer

Post by firesnivy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:32 am

Hukora, Although it wouldn't make it too much easier, I see what you are saying about the supply and demand.

LoneWarrior, Sometimes it is not your fault, there could be destractions in game or out of game due to you life circumstances, but otherwise it is probably your fault for running past it. The, what you call, Rules Of Hunting, are a good way to put it, but, just so you know, I don't hunt them. I just do my quests, battle, follow the storyline etc, and if I find a shiny then great. Why I said this suggestion was so that while people are doing quests and/or the storyline, they can find shinies. They won't walk/run past it as they are busy doing whatever. You are also only refering to if you are hunting shinies, in which case I agree with you completely. But in the case of doing your quests, the storyline etc, it feels great when you find a shiny to battle and catch. This is why I am here, making the suggestion.