New chat moderators

Suggestions for Pokemon Legends can be shared here.
Numayell
Trainer
Trainer
Discord: Armygirl09#9244

Sun May 24, 2015 8:34 pm

I suggest we get new chat moderators that are on in different time zones.

A lot of the players are getting out of hand with spam and "sexual inuendos" late at night. I know this is a children's game but sexual talk does not need to be in chat.

~+~Nominations~+~
~USA~
Numayell~ Cali/NV Timezone (-08:00)
Aerobous- Central Standard (-07:00)

~Phillipines~
Setzuwi
Singkeet

~Brazil~
Juliochp

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SECOND/THIRD A NOMINATION OR PUT UP A NEW NOMINATION FOR A DIFFERENT COUNTRY PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING FORM:
User you're recommending:
Why you think they should be a chat moderator:
Do you second/third any nominations besides the one you are mentioning? (Y/N)
Last edited by Numayell on Mon May 25, 2015 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Trade Thread | My Starter Guide

My Pokeheroes Account

~+~Cute and Funny Screenshots~+~ | Legend Hunters Guild App

(Former) OBLIVION MONARCH OF THE ♅Armageddon Clan♅
~+~OWNER of Legend Hunters~+~
harbinger_earl
Trainer
Trainer

Sun May 24, 2015 9:21 pm

I agree to this too. However, may I suggest that Chat Moderatorship be done by voting. This will illicit respect from people of the same timezone. If we just assign someone as a chat moderator, other players might just ignore his/her capacity if he/she wasn't the people's choice. :)
Numayell
Trainer
Trainer

Sun May 24, 2015 9:29 pm

I was going to put a poll but there is NO POLL OPTION for the forums :(

My Pokeheroes Account

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Sun May 24, 2015 11:27 pm

This will all be cleared out somehow. I'm on 24/7 everyday. We all know this from my time playing. Although I logged in today and got a false connection. And I did again DX. It's probably just my network being brand new and finishing updating. But once that happens, I'll be on from Morning-Morning pretty much. Aka 9am-6am (CST) which is like 21hours.

EDIT: Also I do believe there are Chat Mods from outside the US. Australia (SandyBoi) and another from India. And then the rest, not sure where Vamp is from.
"For My Part I Know Nothing With Any Certainty, But The Sight Of Stars Makes Me Dream."
PL Game Rules | PL Location Guide
Vamp
Trainer
Trainer

Mon May 25, 2015 12:14 am

I'm from Narnia. jk, my time zone is (GMT -3), so i will be on most likely 20.00 - 2.00 hrs (GMT-3)
"It's the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more..."
ImageImage
Numayell
Trainer
Trainer

Mon May 25, 2015 1:25 am

Vamp...You're already a mod....>_<

My Pokeheroes Account

Xela
Trainer
Trainer

Mon May 25, 2015 1:38 am

Lol voting yourself in. Shows what ya think of yourself but I personally feel they should be picked by ADMINS if they see if one is fit to become a Chat Mod.
<3 Beta Tester : 1/9/2015 So Fabulous <3
Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 am

Numayell wrote:Vamp...You're already a mod....>_<
The thing he posted is him specifying his time zone for you all can know when he is around. Just like I specified mine.
"For My Part I Know Nothing With Any Certainty, But The Sight Of Stars Makes Me Dream."
PL Game Rules | PL Location Guide
AfroRudolph

Mon May 25, 2015 6:58 am

One wise person said once: If you want to be a moderator, don't ask about it. /// This idea is kinda like asking because you nominate yourself and another people to it even you're not in the staff. Anyway, they would do some post when they would state they need more moderators if they (aka staff) would see it's needed in the game.
harbinger_earl
Trainer
Trainer

Mon May 25, 2015 7:34 am

I think, AfroRudolph, you're missing the context here. What Numayell presented earlier on is that there have been a lot of instances wherein the chat has been abused by many players of PL. Most of the times, players from different countries are actually typing in expletives or harassing / bullying other players in their own native tongues. And these usually happen under the chat mods' noses (no offense meant, the chat mods are doing a wonderful job already...it's just not enough as of the moment.) Hence, Numayell's idea of adding more chat moderators.

Going back to the concern at hand, I seriously think that it's high time that chat mods from various time zones and countries be present already. The added manpower will help in creating a more child-friendly atmosphere for younger players and to correct delinquency among players of legal age. :)

Second, I would like to still push through with the idea of selecting chat moderators from a list of people that a certain group of players (based on time zones or countries, perhaps?) would vote. This would ensure that a majority of the group are actually subscribing to this moderator's capacity to uphold and enforce the ideals of Pokemon Legends. To put it simply, if the moderator rose from the ranks of the group, it meant that he is given the respect and recognition by others--a status afforded to him/her which makes chat moderatorship easier. :)

And lastly, I hope this matter would be addressed the soonest. I am really appalled about how the incident of cyberbullying was handled yesterday (referring of course, to what happened to Bulbul and those who made fun of his IGN.) I hope this matter would be addressed the soonest.

Sincerely,

Harb