Let's Make Pokemon Legends Great Again

For player-run/non-official events (clan stuff, raffles, giveaways, tournaments etc)
Forum rules
For player-run/non-official events (clan stuff, raffles, giveaways, tournaments etc)

One topic per event please!
arnavgupta
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Let's Make Pokemon Legends Great Again

Post by arnavgupta » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:30 pm

If a person is a conteder for batling a leader ... Then is it posible that he may be elected and asigned a gym in future ( if he is capable enough )?

SuperCat
Trainer
Trainer

Post by SuperCat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:53 pm

I was told by Hunny (neo), that anyone is allowed to try going for any Type-Gym, but they must let someone know by before sometime next week. Additionally, Hunny went on to say that all going for the same Gym Type will compete in a Battle Royale with a team of their choice (any lvl, and Moveset, EV Trained or not, etc.), and that the Gym Leader will be decided through the Battle Royale. I hope this helps clear a few things up and that this can all be resolved soon. (I was told all of this around 17 hours ago)
Don't let a problem be your end, let it be the beginning of a memorable adventure.
Respect and trust are a package deal.
Too much of a pacifist to rule the world...

LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Post by LoneWarrior » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:03 pm

arnavgupta wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:30 pm
If a person is a conteder for batling a leader ... Then is it posible that he may be elected and asigned a gym in future ( if he is capable enough )?
Yes. That is certainly possible.
Could you please wait out for a few days after we've finalized everything? Your ptience will be appreciated :)
We are still in the process of deciding things. And while the decisions are fluid and discussions are going on for various topics, you will be kept up to date with it.

Regards,
LoneWarrior.

What the Caterpie calls the end of the world, the master calls a Butterfree.

arnavgupta
Trainer
Trainer

Post by arnavgupta » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Sure and thanks for the help

Kycis27
Trainer
Trainer
Discord: ShamelessSaint#2272

Post by Kycis27 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:34 am

Can i also be part of the board im fluent in english/tagalog and can speak a little spanish and im als *cough* nice to players *cough*

neoarcadianguardian
Trainer
Trainer

Post by neoarcadianguardian » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:13 pm

LoneWarrior wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:37 pm
Nexus wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:17 pm
LoneWarrior wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:21 am
Most of the Gym Leader positions are already taken (There are only going to be 8 Gyms currently to maintain challenger-to-gym leaders-ratio). We are trying to make sure that some of the most experienced players take charge of the gyms (and so not everyone will be a Gym leader upon request).
The OP states:

"To decide the Gym Leaders a Battle Royal will be done on the Gym Type you want to run whether it be Steel, Dark, Dragon etc. The board mentioned in 1. above will be responsible for setting a Banned Pokemon List and your Gym Pokemon can be from level 5-100 It's how you use your Pokemon not how strong it is. The Battle Royale to become a Gym leader will only occur once there is enough participation and that the framework can support this idea. Once everything is prepared accordingly, a registration list will be generated for everyone to partake."

If the system has changed, the original post should be updated accordingly announcing that there is bias towards "experienced" players (and how "experience" is quantified in this situation), and that some players have already been assigned gym leader positions without needing to participate in the Battle Royale. Or even state that the Battle Royale is not happening anymore, which appears to be implied by your first statement.
The system is still a work in progress [for example, until yesterday, it was decided that the Gym Battles would be held in Pokemon Showdown, but was changed later to PL, and instead tournaments to be held in SD (if we get enough participation for that - TBD later)]. There are several things that still have to be updated in the last post but the creator of the thread isn't online.

To explain the Battle Royale system - It is not like some players have been assigned Gyms without participation. What actually is that some of the players like neoarcadianguardian, iamfrank (latest addition to Board), me and some others have battled extensively (with each other/ or otherwise) multiple times or in tournaments held by PL Players in SD. In addition to that, the gyms which were assigned to them were not requested by any other players.
Also, even if in case of Battle Royale, what matters in battles between contenders is not the win itself, but the way they play - which includes noting their knowledge of type effectiveness, weaknesses, moves, STAB, switching, etc. i.e. the main little components of a battle.
This way, the Gym Leader position is assigned to the player who has more battle experience, and not by luck only. The battles are spectated by other players too, who are online and are interested (Battles take place on SD).
If the system has changed, the original post should be updated accordingly announcing that there is bias towards "experienced" players (and how "experience" is quantified in this situation), and that some players have already been assigned gym leader positions without needing to participate in the Battle Royale. Or even state that the Battle Royale is not happening anymore, which appears to be implied by your first statement.
[/quote]It seems that I may Have to Clarify some things
Nexus wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:17 pm
Quote LoneWarrior
There has been an error of communication as well a difference of opinion on what a Gym Leader should be. My viewpoint is the Battle Royale system and it will stick as that. It is ideal that the Pokemon for a gym leader be at level 100, my system is still as is, use your partner Pokemon to the fullest but I should have specified better that you cannot win with a team of level 5's That was my error and I apologize for that. However, it is mentioned that the board will be responsible for setting the regulations for the teams,Pokemon etc. On that end, we won't allow a team of level 5 Pokemon to enter, rather we would stipulate that they can have at least a level 70+ Pokemon or even a lower level that is capable of fending for itself (Prankster Pokemon). I should have made this clearer so I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Due to the support we have gotten, I was discussing what you were suggesting Nexus, an Elite 4 System, however, it is never my intention to make it a Board Member System alone. I want it to be where the set gym leaders battle all the other set gym leaders for a place there and allowing the person that they had to face for the finals be given the gym instead which is simply a thought I want to discuss.

What my colleague is saying however, is that there must be experience within the Gym Leader System, so that Gym Badges won't be handed out so easily. I set up the Battle System because for me that shows they have the experience to handle themselves. I will try to do all in my power so that everyone can be catered for and that this system lasts for a very long time.
If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

This is what I do to nabs

warwickbot
Trainer
Trainer

Post by warwickbot » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi Guys!

I heard from one of my competing "rivals" for the gym position that we should make this competition after the next week, so we should train our pokes to lvl100 in 1 week. My highest poke of my chosen type is lvl40 so would be impossible to max the level in 1 week with or whitout my exams anyway. I would like to ask, is this true/ is there any certain date when the participants will all battle for the position, or is it self-held by agreement between the participants of the certain type? Cause it decides my future as a leader or not before i can test my skills in battle.
Image They see me rollin' Image

SuperCat
Trainer
Trainer

Post by SuperCat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:19 pm

I was thinking that the final Registrations should close up for the Gym Leaders sometime this week, and that a month should be given to the Players for building their teams. That Month would also give Players time to Breed their Gym Badge Pkmn for if they win in the Battle Royale and the Board would be able to lay the groundwork on some of the ideas everyone has. Though I say this, I’ll still need to thoroughly talk with Hunny about all aforementioned.
Don't let a problem be your end, let it be the beginning of a memorable adventure.
Respect and trust are a package deal.
Too much of a pacifist to rule the world...

Kimichan20
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Kimichan20 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:27 am

Well, I can be a part of the board(English,Cebuano and bit of Filipino), if you would like.But I would like to be just a challenger/ someone who helps out when people need it.

Well anyways, thank you for reading~

acrane00
Trainer
Trainer

Post by acrane00 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:47 pm

why no dark gym me like dark