Let's Make Pokemon Legends Great Again

For player-run/non-official events (clan stuff, raffles, giveaways, tournaments etc)
Forum rules
For player-run/non-official events (clan stuff, raffles, giveaways, tournaments etc)

One topic per event please!
LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Let's Make Pokemon Legends Great Again

Post by LoneWarrior » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:21 am

Manil wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:50 am
I want to be a Rock type Gym Leader neo
arnavgupta wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:04 pm
in that case ... i d like to register for flying type gym leader.

am starting to work on the team .
thanks !
Most of the Gym Leader positions are already taken (There are only going to be 8 Gyms currently to maintain challenger-to-gym leaders-ratio). We are trying to make sure that some of the most experienced players take charge of the gyms (and so not everyone will be a Gym leader upon request). Ofcourse that will be hard to do, so there will be temporary Gym leader positions that will open up later.
How about you all apply for a challenger instead? :)

What the Caterpie calls the end of the world, the master calls a Butterfree.

figig
Trainer
Trainer

Post by figig » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:31 am

LoneWarrior wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:21 am
Manil wrote:
arnavgupta wrote:

thanks !
Most of the Gym Leader positions are already taken (There are only going to be 8 Gyms currently to maintain challenger-to-gym leaders-ratio). We are trying to make sure that some of the most experienced players take charge of the gyms (and so not everyone will be a Gym leader upon request). Ofcourse that will be hard to do, so there will be temporary Gym leader positions that will open up later.
Looks like me the poor one, who has applied for challengers !

figig
Trainer
Trainer

Post by figig » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:32 am

and by the way what are those 8 gyms ? I mean we have 17 different types and so we have 17 gym request and then how will only 8 get selected ?

warwickbot
Trainer
Trainer

Post by warwickbot » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:48 am

Kycis27 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:07 am
i wanna be dark type
compete with Nikolina then XD
Image They see me rollin' Image

arnavgupta
Trainer
Trainer

Post by arnavgupta » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:30 pm

LoneWarrior wrote:
Manil wrote:
arnavgupta wrote:

thanks !
Doesnt this make it biased ? Dont relatively new but capable players stand a chance to fight for gym leader positions?

Also pls explain whats a chalanger leader ?

Thanks

LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Post by LoneWarrior » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:14 pm

arnavgupta wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:30 pm
Doesnt this make it biased ? Dont relatively new but capable players stand a chance to fight for gym leader positions?

Also pls explain whats a chalanger leader ?

Thanks
How is that Biased?
Just so you know, "new but capable players" should try to be a challenger (instead of a gym leader), and try to learn from the battles, until they are experienced enough for being a Gym Leaders. And when I say that the position are taken, I mean "currently". Gym leaders may be changed later on if/when we find better candidates, etc. but that is still not final as of now.
And by Challenger, I meant Pokemon Trainer who will challenge the Gyms.

Nexus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Nexus » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:17 pm

LoneWarrior wrote:
Most of the Gym Leader positions are already taken (There are only going to be 8 Gyms currently to maintain challenger-to-gym leaders-ratio). We are trying to make sure that some of the most experienced players take charge of the gyms (and so not everyone will be a Gym leader upon request).
The OP states:

"To decide the Gym Leaders a Battle Royal will be done on the Gym Type you want to run whether it be Steel, Dark, Dragon etc. The board mentioned in 1. above will be responsible for setting a Banned Pokemon List and your Gym Pokemon can be from level 5-100 It's how you use your Pokemon not how strong it is. The Battle Royale to become a Gym leader will only occur once there is enough participation and that the framework can support this idea. Once everything is prepared accordingly, a registration list will be generated for everyone to partake."

If the system has changed, the original post should be updated accordingly announcing that there is bias towards "experienced" players (and how "experience" is quantified in this situation), and that some players have already been assigned gym leader positions without needing to participate in the Battle Royale. Or even state that the Battle Royale is not happening anymore, which appears to be implied by your first statement.

LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Post by LoneWarrior » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Nexus wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:17 pm
LoneWarrior wrote:
Most of the Gym Leader positions are already taken (There are only going to be 8 Gyms currently to maintain challenger-to-gym leaders-ratio). We are trying to make sure that some of the most experienced players take charge of the gyms (and so not everyone will be a Gym leader upon request).
The OP states:

"To decide the Gym Leaders a Battle Royal will be done on the Gym Type you want to run whether it be Steel, Dark, Dragon etc. The board mentioned in 1. above will be responsible for setting a Banned Pokemon List and your Gym Pokemon can be from level 5-100 It's how you use your Pokemon not how strong it is. The Battle Royale to become a Gym leader will only occur once there is enough participation and that the framework can support this idea. Once everything is prepared accordingly, a registration list will be generated for everyone to partake."

If the system has changed, the original post should be updated accordingly announcing that there is bias towards "experienced" players (and how "experience" is quantified in this situation), and that some players have already been assigned gym leader positions without needing to participate in the Battle Royale. Or even state that the Battle Royale is not happening anymore, which appears to be implied by your first statement.
The system is still a work in progress [for example, until yesterday, it was decided that the Gym Battles would be held in Pokemon Showdown, but was changed later to PL, and instead tournaments to be held in SD (if we get enough participation for that - TBD later)]. There are several things that still have to be updated in the last post but the creator of the thread isn't online.

To explain the Battle Royale system - It is not like some players have been assigned Gyms without participation. What actually is that some of the players like neoarcadianguardian, iamfrank (latest addition to Board), me and some others have battled extensively (with each other/ or otherwise) multiple times or in tournaments held by PL Players in SD. In addition to that, the gyms which were assigned to them were not requested by any other players.
Also, even if in case of Battle Royale, what matters in battles between contenders is not the win itself, but the way they play - which includes noting their knowledge of type effectiveness, weaknesses, moves, STAB, switching, etc. i.e. the main little components of a battle.
This way, the Gym Leader position is assigned to the player who has more battle experience, and not by luck only. The battles are spectated by other players too, who are online and are interested (Battles take place on SD).

Nexus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Nexus » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Ok, that is categorically biased. And needs to be disclaimed on the original post or you're just setting yourselves up for more confused and/or upset posts.

A suggestion: Have an Elite 4 of the "experienced players" (which looks like it's just a board members club tbh), and retain the Gym Leader positions as solely available through the Battle Royale.

LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Post by LoneWarrior » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:55 pm

How did you know that we were discussing about Elite Fout too? :shock: :?

We have been discussing that recently, but that plan has been paused to maintain the challenger-to-gyl meader ratio. As of now, we only have 1-2 registered challengers, and everyone else battling to be a Gym leader. We can add more gyms/ Elite four when we have a suitable higher amount of challengers :)