A couple of maps :D

You can post your artwork - sprites, banners, maps, etc.
Manil
Trainer
Trainer

A couple of maps :D

Post by Manil » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:48 pm

I have made a couple of maps (only 2 right now :roll: More will be coming soon :)...

Moving on to the topic,
This one
(without clouds)
Or this one
(with clouds)

are the cities with 'Modern theme'...
The GYM leader of the city has ripped off most of the trees :shock: from the city (the trees at the boundaries are artificial lol :'D) except! the 'Divine tree in the middle which actually has a major role in keeping the city alive :o. The divine tree keeps the foundation of the city upright...The main aim of the quests is to get those city people a piece of mind and think of the environmental pollution which they are causing...That's it!

By the way, I have also made a map of the Royal fortress of the King of that city which is situated up the Divine tree...
Actually, the Royal fortress of the king isn't visible in the map...No one knows where does he live but have a strong belief that he does :o (because of many instances) the hidden path to the fortress is located somewhere in the map :?

Here's the map:
(I got the idea from a youtube video so some of the credit goes to the creator :D )

I would be seeking for corrections so please guys comment if you think there is :roll:
Image "Only in the Darkness
Can you see the Stars"
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Credits:pinksink10Manil

Manil
Trainer
Trainer

Re: A couple of maps :D

Post by Manil » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Whoops! My bad...the first map is here:Image
Can you see the Stars"
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Manil
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Manil » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:55 pm

I am sorry for the above comment :P
Can you see the Stars"
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Nebo
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Nebo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Maps look good, well done Manil! :D
I like the idea of a unique tree in the middle of the city, as well as the city buildings placed around it, kinda gives the city a unique structure.
Great combination of water and land in the second map! a river crossing the city looks good.

I recommend that you thoroughly read PP's Map Editor Guide in order to make a few improvements. For example, under the title "Buildings in cities" you'll see that it's better for houses in cities to share the same structure and roof color.

Regarding the first map, please note the following:
- 2 missing cliffs edges on the bottom-left of the map.
- I'm not sure the connecting points between cliffs and the cliff edges below them (at the bottom of the map) are properly made. Although, I do get the idea of what you're trying to do there.
- The trees (yellow-green trees) in the map fit in desert environment as far as I know, rather than in the environment of the kind of city you made. I do get the idea of them being artificial, but it'd be better to choose trees with a different color that would suit this city's environment.
- There are significant spaces between the trees (especially the trees on the top of the map), so if you placed these spaces tiles on one of the "walkable/walk/base" layers (and placed the tiles of the side-leafs of the trees on the "top" layer) instead of the "collision" layer, this will enable players to walk between the trees, allowing them to leave the map from its top (This also applies for the sides of the map as I can now note). Unless that is your purpose, I suggest putting more trees or placing the spaces between them on the "collision" layer.
- I would put less street lamps in those 2 areas at the bottom of the map (for example 2 street lamps on each side at the corners, instead of 4). Also I suggest adding more street lamps around the city, so the whole city is full of light :)
- Add more benches. It's really nice to have a few benches to sit at in such a beautiful city, not to mention benches add more color to the map and make it more realistic.
- Not sure a tractor fits in very well in this city (I do get the purpose of it), but if you want to keep it then maybe adding a few construction workers avatars (so the tractor area becomes more like a construction area, similar to the one at the top-right area of eastbourne city) can make it fit in better.
- Clouds cannot be placed in this map since clouds would be way above the point of view of the person looking at the map.

I haven't looked much into the second map, but from a brief look at it I can say:
Regarding the second map, please note the following:
- The waterfall's 2 top lines of tiles should be removed. The top of it should start from the lower edge of the top cliff and not from its higher edge. Please refer to PP's guide in order to make waterfalls properly (there are also specific tiles for this purpose).
- There are a few large blank areas (the mud areas and their surroundings) which you should fill. Grass, houses, trees, flowers, flowerpots, etc... are options.
- Same like in the first map, trees with a different color (darker green for example) would fit in better than the yellow-green desert trees (It's also mentioned in PP's guide so you can read the whole story about environments and objects that fit in them),
- The large grass patch (on the bottom-right) cannot be accessed, unless your plan is that the gates would open after completing a certain quest or something (like eastbourne sanctuary).
- Unless you intended it to be that way, there's a crack in the structure of the bridge above the river.
- In my opinion it would look better if you at least extend that gray walkway to the entrance of the lower house with brown-orange roof.
- You might want to add more benches, maybe next to the river. They're free after all >_>

Way to go Manil! Keep up the good work! :D

Thanks to SilentCobra for the amazing signature! Sugoi :D

Manil
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Manil » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:36 am

Thanks a lot Nebo :D
Can you see the Stars"
-Martin Luther King Jr.