Pokemon Legends EV Guide

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Pokemon Legends EV Guide

Post by Aerobous » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:36 am

The EV Guide Is Now Here! Have fun and enjoy your EV Training :)

Let's get started!

EV UNIT 1

What is an "EV"?
EV stands for “Effort Value.” They determine what stats your Pokemon gets upon leveling up and are gained from battling any Pokemon you come across in the wild.

How do EVs affect stats?
For every 4 EVs you gain in a specific stat, you'll gain +1 to your Pokemon's base value in that stat

Is there a limit to the amount of EVs I can give my Pokemon?
There are two limits to the amount of EVs a Pokemon can gain. Each Pokemon can have a maximum of 510 EVs. One stat can have a maximum of 255 EVs. (Rule 252 is HIGHLY suggested as other 3 EVs are worthless)

When is the best time to start EV training a Pokemon?
The best time to start EV training is as soon as you get that Pokémon, either through breeding or catching it. As soon as that Pokémon participates in a battle in which it gains experience, it will have gained some EVs.

EV & IV UNIT 2

IV's and EV's are completely different!

EV
EV stands for “Effort Value.” They determine what stats your Pokémon gets upon levelling up and are gained from battling any Pokémon you come across that award Experience points. For every 4 EVs you gain in a specific stat, you'll gain +1 to your Pokemon's base value in that stat. EVs are calculated at +1 Stat point per 4 EVs at level 100, which means you won't see the full benefit of the EVs you put into your Pokémon until it reaches that level; there will still be a benefit, just not as significant as when it reaches the maximum level.

IV
Every stat has an IV ranging from 0 to 31 for each stat (HP, ATK, DEF, SPA, SPD, and SPE), and at level 100, their IVs are added to the Pokémon's stats for their total values. For example, a level 100 Tyranitar with no Effort Values and 0 IVs has 310 HP, however if it had 31 IVs, it would have 341 HP

EV TRAINING TIPS UNIT 3

Start young.
You can often max out the EVs by level 20, which leaves the Pokemon free for use in-game; it will also be stronger than normal.

Spread EVs out a little.
Many guides you will see will tell you to max out your EVs in two stats (e.g. Attack and Speed) and forget about the rest. But this can leave some vulnerabilites.
With Speed, you're not going to be able to out-run everyone (and you don't need to), so try saving some EVs for other stats.

Maximize HP×Def and/or HP×SpDef.
The damage your Pokémon takes is directly proportional to the product of HP and the appropriate Defense stat. Therefore with defensive EV spreads you should put more EVs into the lower stat. Snorlax, for example, has a high HP and so-so Defense, so putting more EVs into Defense than HP will result in a higher overall defense.

EV TRAINING HOTSPOTS UNIT 4

----------
| Attack |
----------

Pokemon: Heracross +2 ATK EV

-----------
| Defense |
-----------

Darlinghurst: Exeggcute +1 DEF EV (Very easy to find only Exeggcute and Hoothoot appear in that spot)

Blackfell Town Forest: Sudowoodo +2 DEF EV (Easy to find at Day Time Only)

------------------
| Special Attack |
------------------

Pokemon: Girafarig +2 SPATK EV

-------------------
| Special Defense |
-------------------

Pokemon: Mr.Mime, Dustox (+2 SPDEF +3 SPDEF = +5 SPDEF EV)

---------
| Speed |
---------

Location: Darlinghurst (Long Patch Where Cyndaquil Trainer Is
Pokemon: Aipom, Ponyta, Murkrow +1 SPE (x3) = +3 SPEED EV

------
| HP |
------

Pokemon: Jigglypuff +2 HP EV

EXTRA-BREAKDOWN UNIT 5
Some Pokemon Will Yield More Than 1 EV Between 2 Stats And Sometimes Even Between 3!.

What Does That Mean?:
  • Take Unown For Example, It Will Yield 1 EV In ATK and 1 EV In SPATK
Who Are These Pokemon?:
Butterfree
Beedrill
Tauros
Unown
Shuckle
Corsola
Sableye
Mawile
Chimecho
Relicanth
  • Make Sure To Use The CTRL+F Input To Find These Pokemon Throughout The EV Guide, To Avoid Confusion!
The Fun Stuff Starts Here:

Below are the Pokémon that give Effort Points in HP that can be found in maps!
Caterpie, Nidoran-F, Jigglypuff, Grimer, Hoothoot, Wooper, Igglybugg, Dunsparce, Wurmple, Shroomish, Slakoth, Whismur, Makuhita, Gulpin, Wynaut, Shellos, Munchlax, Tropius, Phanpy, Castform, Azurill, Slowpoke, Lickitung, Wobbuffet, Kangaskhan, Clefairy, Snorunt, Wailmer, Lapras, Barboach, Snorlax, Chinchou, Relicanth, Spheal

Below are the Pokémon that give Effort Points in ATTACK that can be found in maps!
Ekans, Nidoran-M, Paras, Mankey, Growlithe, Machop, Bellsprout, Doduo, Krabby, Goldeen, Scyther, Dratini, Sentret, Spinarak, Snubbull, Teddiursa, Swinub, Tyrogue, Larvitar, Bagon, Poochyena, Trapinch, Mawile, Zangoose, Corphish, Shuppet, Shinx, Gible, Seviper, Solrock, Qwilfish, Carvanha, Stantler, Absol, Beedrill, Unown, Nuzleaf, Pinsir, Tauros

Below are the Pokémon that give Effort Points in DEFENSE that can be found in maps!
Sandshrew, Geodude, Onix, Exeggcute, Cubone, Koffing, Rhyhorn, Tangela, Pineco, Gligar, Seedot, Nincada, Nosepass, Aron, Kricketot, Bronzor, Shuckle, Cascoon, Silcoon, Skarmory, Miltank, Shellder, Sudowoodo, Corsola, Torkoal, Beldum, Clamperl, Relicanth

Below are the Pokémon that give Effort Points in SPEED that can be found in maps!
Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Vulpix, Zubat, Diglett, Meowth, Poliwag, Ponyta, Voltorb, Magikarp, Pichu, Aipom, Yanma, Murkrow, Sneasel, Delibird, Elekid, Zigzagoon, Taillow, Wingull, Surskit, Skitty, Meditite, Elecktrike, Plusle, Starly, Stunky, Electabuzz, Minun, Staryu, Smeargle, Feebas, Finneon, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, Tauros, Staravia

Below are the Pokémon that give Effort Points in SPECIAL ATTACK that can be found in maps!
Oddish, Psyduck, Abra, Magnemite, Gastly, Horsea, Natu, Mareep, Sunkern, Slugma, Remoraid, Ralts, Mawile, Numel, Spinda, Cacnea, Budew, Cherubi, Seviper, Houndour, Lunatone, Beautifly, Butterfree, Chimecho, Flaaffy, Smoochum, Unown, Roselia, Jynx, Magmar

Below are the Pokémon that give Effort Points in SPECIAL DEFENSE that can be found in maps!
Venonat, Tentacool, Seel, Drowzee, Ledyba, Cleffa, Togepi, Hoppip, Lotad, Spoink, Duskull, Shuckle, Baltoy, Lombre, Mr.Mime, Dustox, Mantine, Corsola, Butterfree, Beedrill, Chimecho, Misdreavus, Kecleon, Swablu

Hope this helps you all :)
-Aero/Eggeh
Last edited by Aerobous on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:19 am, edited 12 times in total.
Image "For My Part I Know Nothing With Any Certainty, But The Sight Of Stars Makes Me Dream."
PL Game Rules | PL Location Guide

champion21
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Pokemon Legends EV Guide

Post by champion21 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:41 am

thanks for helping

SandyBoi

Post by SandyBoi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:25 am

Ooh sweet. Thanks Aerobous. Now I don't have to keep heading over to Serebii in regards to EVs. >.<
Game Rules!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198201799822]Image[/url]
Sandy's List of Anime | Sandy's List of Manga and Light Novels

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Aerobous » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:30 am

SandyBoi wrote:Ooh sweet. Thanks Aerobous. Now I don't have to keep heading over to Serebii in regards to EVs. >.<
Lol XD I may add in stat points given later on in the week :)
Image "For My Part I Know Nothing With Any Certainty, But The Sight Of Stars Makes Me Dream."

_darkz_

Post by _darkz_ » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:25 am

thanks for this aero..' it's great :D

pokemonmaster83

Post by pokemonmaster83 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:06 am

:lol:
Last edited by pokemonmaster83 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

pokemonmaster83

Post by pokemonmaster83 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:07 am

Its nice but what is the use of ivs, i did not understand,for increasing the powers of pokemon.

champion21
Trainer
Trainer

Post by champion21 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:12 am

i also not under tand ivs

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Aerobous » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:43 pm

IV's and EV's are completely different.

For IV's:
Pokemon.Wikia wrote:Every stat has an IV ranging from 0 to 31 for each stat (HP, ATK, DEF, SPA, SPD, and SPE), and at level 100, their IVs are added to the Pokémon's stats for their total values. For example, a level 100 Tyranitar with no Effort Values and 0 IVs has 310 HP, however if it had 31 IVs, it would have 341 HP.
For EV's:
Serebii wrote:EV stands for “Effort Value.” They determine what stats your Pokémon gets upon levelling up and are gained from battling any Pokémon you come across that award Experience points. For every 4 EVs you gain in a specific stat, you'll gain +1 to your Pokemon's base value in that stat. EVs are calculated at +1 Stat point per 4 EVs at level 100, which means you won't see the full benefit of the EVs you put into your Pokémon until it reaches that level; there will still be a benefit, just not as significant as when it reaches the maximum level.

LadyAyumei

Post by LadyAyumei » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:57 am

Great guide thank you for making Aero :D!