List of non-working or problematic moves.

User avatar
Asim
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Bloop
Contact:

List of non-working or problematic moves.

Post by Asim » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Hey guys, Asim here making my first guide yet. Seeing people quite frequently asking for a list of moves that does not work/added yet properly, i decided to make one now.
List Of Moves That Do Not Properly Work

Code: Select all

-Pay Day(the money effect isn't added)
-Low kick/Heavy slam/Grass Knot/Heat Crash(the base damage algorithm is a but bugged
-counter
-Belch(no berry needed)
-Seismic Toss
-teleport(does nothing)
-Wrap/bind(the binding effect is not added)
-Roar
-Disable
-Mist
-Whirlwind
-Night Shade
-Mimic
-Haze/Clear Smog
-Bide
-Metronome
-Mirror Move
-Nightmare
-Transform
-Psywave
-Conversion
-Substitue
-Sketch
-Thief
-Spider Web
-Mind Reader/Lock-on
-Snore(need a double check on this)
-Curse
-Reversal
-Belly Drum
-Destiny Bond
-Perish Song
-Foresight
-Detect/Protect/Spiky Shield/King's Shield
-Endure
-Mean look/Imprison/Block/Fairy Lock
-Sleep Talk
-Heal Bell/Aromatherapy
-Return/frustration
-Present
-Safe Guard
-Pain Split
-Baton Pass
-Encore
-Pursuit(switching out effect is not added yet)
-Hidden Power
-Mirror Coat
-Whirlpool(trap effect)
-Beat up
-Stockpile(not boosting and limiting to 3 uses)
-Spit up(useable without stockpile)
-Swallow(useable without stockpile)
-Torment
-Memento
-Trick/Switcheroo
-Role play
-Wish
-Assist
-Endeavor
-Refresh
-Camouflage
-Ice ball/Echoed Voice(power increasing effect)
-Weather Ball(not changing type/base power)
-Odour Sleut
-Miracle Eye
-Healing wish
-Embargo
-Heal block
-Power Trick
-Gastro Acid
-Me first
-power Swap
-Guard swap
-Toxic Spikes
-Heart swap
-Magnet rise
-Defog
-Trick Room
-Electro Ball
-Soak(need a double check on this)
-Foul Play(not using target's attack stat)
-Stored Power
-Entrainemnt
-After You
-Quick Guard
-Shell Smash
-Final gambit
-Volt Switch/U-turn(switching out effect)
-Matt block
-Sticky web
-Fell stinger(need a double check on this about the attack increase)
-trick-or-treat/Forest's curse
-Ion deluge
-noble roar
-Parting Shot
-Topsy Turvy
-Electric terrain/Misty terrain
-Uproar
-Tailwind
-Fake Out(Not 100% flinch rate and can work on all turns[intentially modified by sharks to be like this])
-Minimize
-Yawn
-Future Sight (attacking at the turn it used instead of waiting for 2 turns)
-Synchronoise (attacking to pokemon that not shared same type as well)
-Rest
-Outrage(does not lock the user)
-Thrash(does not lock the user)
If i have missed any move from the list please let me know down the in replies as well as any mistake i made. Used slashes to indicate ones with same effect. If anyone could double check the moves in confused with please try to check and reply down. Would appreciate the help a lot.
Thanks and good gaming to everyone!
Last edited by Asim on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chat and IRC Mod
Image
Image
Almost Dead
"Member of Team Caterpie, Pokemon Legends Street War 2015 Champion"

User avatar
Nexus
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1647
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:53 pm
Location: Right behind you...

Re: List of non-working or problematic moves.

Post by Nexus » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:44 pm

-Spit up(need a double check on this)
-Swallow(need a double check on this)
From what I've seen, these both work to some extent. However, they're able to be used without using Stockpile first. I also don't remember seeing any defense stat drops either, though that could be because they weren't raised to start with by Stockpile.

Also, would it be safe to assume the move Belch doesn't work, as Pokémon can't hold berries? (Belch can only be used via eating the held berry)

User avatar
Asim
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Bloop
Contact:

Re: List of non-working or problematic moves.

Post by Asim » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Thx nexus, edited it.
Chat and IRC Mod
Image
Image
Almost Dead
"Member of Team Caterpie, Pokemon Legends Street War 2015 Champion"

galih2612
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:28 pm

Re: List of non-working or problematic moves.

Post by galih2612 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Congratulations for your first guide Asim, i'm sure this guide will be very helpful :D

Btw, there is moves that not working properly yet that you have not added, which is :

Code: Select all

1. Future Sight (attacking at the turn it used instead of waiting for 2 turns)
2. Synchronoise (attacking to pokemon that not shared same type as well)
3. Rest
3. Assurance (no double damage occured when opponent takes damage already)
4. Avalanche (no double damage occured when user took damage before attacking)
5. Brine (no double damage occured when opponent has less than 50% hp)
6. Facade (no double damage occured when the user burned, poisoned, or paralyzed)
7. Hex (no double damage occured when the target burned, poisoned, paralyzed, asleep, or frozen)
8. Payback (no double damage occured when the user was attacked first)
9. Retaliate (no double damage occured when it's teammate fainted last turn)
10. Smelling Salts (no double damage occured when the target paralyzed, not cured the paralysis status after it used)
11. Venoshock (no double damage occured when the target is poisoned)
12. Wake-Up Slap (no double damage occured when the target asleep, not cured the sleep status after it used)
Asim wrote:

Code: Select all

-Seismic Toss(need a double check on this)
-Supersonic(need a double check on this)
-Night Shade(need a double check on this)
-Hyper Fang(need a double check on this)
-Curse(need a double check on this)
-Sleep Talk(need a double check on this)
-Heal Bell(need a double check on this)
-Beat up(need a double check on this)
-Weather Ball(need a double check on this)
-Shell Smash(need a double check on this)
And for those moves, for seismic toss, night shade, curse, sleep talk, heal bell, beat up, and shell smash, they do nothing currently. Supersonic and Hyper Fang works fine. Weather Ball power and it's attack typing not changed based on the weather on battle.
Nexus wrote:
Also, would it be safe to assume the move Belch doesn't work, as Pokémon can't hold berries? (Belch can only be used via eating the held berry)
For belch, it still works without us have eaten the berry first.

That is all that i can clarify for now, keep up the good work :D
Member of Team Caterpie, Pokemon Legends Street War 2015 Champion
2nd Rank of Dec'15 Battle Royale Lv 20 Division
2nd Rank of Dec'15 Battle Royale Lv 60 Division

User avatar
Asim
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Bloop
Contact:

Re: List of non-working or problematic moves.

Post by Asim » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:05 pm

galih2612 wrote:Congratulations for your first guide Asim, i'm sure this guide will be very helpful :D

Btw, there is moves that not working properly yet that you have not added, which is :

Code: Select all

1. Future Sight (attacking at the turn it used instead of waiting for 2 turns)
2. Synchronoise (attacking to pokemon that not shared same type as well)
3. Rest
3. Assurance (no double damage occured when opponent takes damage already)
4. Avalanche (no double damage occured when user took damage before attacking)
5. Brine (no double damage occured when opponent has less than 50% hp)
6. Facade (no double damage occured when the user burned, poisoned, or paralyzed)
7. Hex (no double damage occured when the target burned, poisoned, paralyzed, asleep, or frozen)
8. Payback (no double damage occured when the user was attacked first)
9. Retaliate (no double damage occured when it's teammate fainted last turn)
10. Smelling Salts (no double damage occured when the target paralyzed, not cured the paralysis status after it used)
11. Venoshock (no double damage occured when the target is poisoned)
12. Wake-Up Slap (no double damage occured when the target asleep, not cured the sleep status after it used)
Asim wrote:

Code: Select all

-Seismic Toss(need a double check on this)
-Supersonic(need a double check on this)
-Night Shade(need a double check on this)
-Hyper Fang(need a double check on this)
-Curse(need a double check on this)
-Sleep Talk(need a double check on this)
-Heal Bell(need a double check on this)
-Beat up(need a double check on this)
-Weather Ball(need a double check on this)
-Shell Smash(need a double check on this)
And for those moves, for seismic toss, night shade, curse, sleep talk, heal bell, beat up, and shell smash, they do nothing currently. Supersonic and Hyper Fang works fine. Weather Ball power and it's attack typing not changed based on the weather on battle.
Nexus wrote:
Also, would it be safe to assume the move Belch doesn't work, as Pokémon can't hold berries? (Belch can only be used via eating the held berry)
For belch, it still works without us have eaten the berry first.

That is all that i can clarify for now, keep up the good work :D
Brine, facade, hex, venoshock, smelling salts, wake up slap have been added and tested by us mods. Just not released publicly yet. Sl didn't include them but yeah ill add the other one tommorow hopefully.
Last edited by Asim on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chat and IRC Mod
Image
Image
Almost Dead
"Member of Team Caterpie, Pokemon Legends Street War 2015 Champion"

User avatar
Shakeshi
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:19 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: List of non-working or problematic moves.

Post by Shakeshi » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:34 am

Thanks for the guide, Asim. You missed these ones too. I'll add to it if I see any more.

Code: Select all

-Uproar
-Tailwind
-Fake Out
-Minimize
-Aromatherapy
-Yawn
-Spiky Shield

DHShadow
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: List of non-working or problematic moves.

Post by DHShadow » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:50 am

It's misleading, so I figured they would count as "problematic", but Dragons Rage is an Offensive Move that states it has 0 Power, 100 Accuracy, which doesn't make sense since it physically causes damage. I wasn't sure where else to post this, but some moves state no power or accuracy but inflict damage.

So, some people may not even put it as a move because they may think it is useless.

User avatar
Nexus
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1647
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:53 pm
Location: Right behind you...

Re: List of non-working or problematic moves.

Post by Nexus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Would like to add Thrash and Outrage to the list.

Both of these should last 2-3 turns, and cause confusion at the end. Outrage does currently confuse the user, but only after one round of Outrage instead of 2-3. Thrash only does damage, doesn't force you to be locked into Thrash or cause confusion afterwards.

User avatar
Shakeshi
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:19 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: List of non-working or problematic moves.

Post by Shakeshi » Fri May 06, 2016 2:14 am

Shakeshi wrote:Thanks for the guide, Asim. You missed these ones too. I'll add to it if I see any more.

Code: Select all

-Uproar
-Tailwind
-Fake Out
-Minimize
-Aromatherapy
-Yawn
-Spiky Shield
-Misty Terrain
-Grassy Terrain
Edit: Additional moves have been added to my list.

ByQQ
Trainer
Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Re: List of non-working or problematic moves.

Post by ByQQ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:39 pm

I don't know if this thread is still being updates, but I just tried out Toxic, and it just keeps doing 14 dmg and not increasing over time like it should.

Post Reply