Frequently Asked Questions

Dragonstars

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Dragonstars » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:55 am

I spend a lot of time on the help chat. I've noticed some questions come up a lot. I don't mind answering them, but I figured I should put them all in one place for people to look at. so, here we go:

(bonus: most often asked question on help chat: Q: can someone help me? A: certainly, it's the help chat. just ask your question. since you're here on my FAQ, though, you might want to look through it first. :D :lol: )

The first question on this list is also one that everyone should take note of. Even if you're not a new player, it's very good advice.

Q: I'm a new player, is there any advice for me?
A: Yes. The best advice anyone can ever give you for this game is READ WHAT THE NPCS ARE TELLING YOU. probably at least 60% of the questions that I see would not be asked if the player asking the question took the time to read what the game was trying to tell them.
if you just hold down z or x to speed through all the text and get back to the gameplay, you are going to find yourself with no clue what to do on more than one occasion. So please, make it easier on yourself and on everyone else, and read what is being said.

Q: how do I get Pokemon to follow me on screen?
A: you need to be premium for that.

Q: How do I get premium?
A: go to account on the left side bar, and click the drop-down "donate". then donate the money for premium.

Q: which pokemon can follow me?
A: there's a list here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3685

Q: how do I get tokens?
A: you buy them. go to the donate page the same way as described for premium.

Q: what do tokens do?
A: they can be used to buy pokemon, both regular and gold. look to the below question for how.

Q: Where do I go to buy pokemon with tokens?
A: you can go either to the donate page and click to see a list of the pokemon, or you can go to the pokedex. if you are able to buy the pokemon, it will have an option to do so. note that some pokemon can only be bought during events, and note that some can not be bought at all.

Q: how do I get more hearts?
A: you get more every consecutive day you log in.

Q: what's an EV reducer?
A: do you know what ev training is? if not there's a link for explaining it about three questions down. but the bottom line is, you can only have a certain amount of ev points, and not al stats can have them maxed. an ev reducer will take off 10 ev points of your choice so you can put them in another stat. if you don't know what an ev is, well, that question is answered in here somewhere. not too far below this one.

Q: how do I get gold and shiny Pokemon?
A: you have to buy gold Pokemon with tokens. shiny Pokemon you find randomly (it will say shiny) or win from tournaments.

Q: is [insert nature here] good for [insert pokemon here]?
A: try looking at this nature guide for a general idea of which natures do what: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=592
as a general rule, if you're looking for an attacking Pokemon, you want a nature that will increase the kind of attack you will be using (either physical (attack) or special (special attack) and preferably lower the attack you won't be using, or another stat that won't be useful. speed in most pokemon is something you want to keep high; however, on Pokemon that are extremely slow, for example Snorlax, speed won't matter much and a nature that lowers it will be fine. hp and the two defences are generally things you don't really want lowered if you can hep it. if you're looking for a tank, you'd want a nature that increases either of the defences or perhaps hp (I'm no expert, in fact, I know very little and I'm just trying to share what I do know or have guessed/assumed, so please check with someone who actually knows what they're doing before training a Pokemon a certain way) and decrease speed or perhaps one of the attacks. for a "support" Pokemon, I'm thinking that you want high speed and enough defence/hp to hold it until it does it's thing before you switch it out to the next one. (but again, please consult someone who actually knows what they're talking about.)

Q: what are IVs and EVs?
A: I'm just going to post a couple links here for you to read at your leisure.
IVs: http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml
EVs: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

you can decide for yourself how much you want to panic over getting good IVs for your pokemon.

Q: how do I give Pokemon for quests?
A: first, go to that Pokemon's page and click "quests". enable it to be taken. if you need to give more than one Pokemon, you must enable them all. then, put them into your BOX, not your team. then talk to the person who wants them.

Q: how do I trade?
A: go to trades, on the menu on the left, and it will take you to the set up trade page.choose an option from the list that drops down next to the blue "place Pokemon to trade set" button. note that you can't put Pokemon in your team or in your daycare up for trade. after you choose your Pokemon, click the add to trade set button, then go down and click the green "set trade" button.
if you are looking for a Pokemon, switch over to the search trade market page, or if you know who's trading the Pokemon, click their name to go to their profile and click to view their trades. you can also search their username in search the trade market. anyway, do your search for what you want. when you find it,click the blue "place an offer button", then make exactly like I described to set up a trade yourself, the only difference being that you can add money if you choose. once you hit set trade, it will be up to the other person to accept it. to accept an offer on your trade, just go to the trade page, click toggle offers, and accept. or don't, if you don't like the trade. please note that starters and Legendaries (except for a few old Victini) are account bound and can't be traded.

Q: is there a map?
A: yeah, right here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1073

Q: how do I evolve Pokemon?
A: it depends on the Pokemon. some evolve through lvling up, some through stones, some through trading, some through trading while holding certain items, some by lvling up while holding certain items, and some by lvling up knowing certain moves. so you really have to specify the Pokemon when you ask.

some Pokemon also have different Pokemon they can evolve into, like the classic example (and one of my favourite Pokemon): Eevee. Eevee can evolve into one of eight different Pokemon, depending on what method you use to evolve it.

since I have gotten into this with a couple of people: there is only one way to get each evolved form. one and only one. for example, Tentacool. it evolves into Tentacruel by getting lvled up to lvl 30. it will not evolve with a water stone, you can not evolve it before lvl 30, and you can definitely not evolve it without lvling it. it will evolve at lvl 30 and NOT BEFORE!

HOWEVER, to answer the original question, if you check the pokedex page of a pokemon in game, it will tell you how to evolve it, so you should use the pokedex for those kind of questions!

Q: how do I breed Pokemon?
A: you need to put two compatible Pokemon in the daycare. and to answer several breeding-related questions all at once: no, it is not possible to get a completely different Pokemon from the two you put in the daycare. you will ALWAYS get the species of Pokemon that is the female you put in. gender is random. nature is random, but if you give the female an everstone, it has a 50% chance of passing it's nature on to it's offspring. yes, Pokemon will still breed if they don't like each other, as long as they are compatible. you can find a list of compatible breeders in the Pokedex at the bottom of the page. how long it takes to get an egg depends on the Pokemon- if there are two the same breeding, I think it takes about 15 min. of game play time. if they are two different Pokemon breeding, they will not like each other, and it will take longer- 6 hours of gameplay. yes, you do have to be playing the game,, but you can just eave the page up. to hatch eggs, just walk around a bit. you check if you have an egg by talking to the person in front of daycare and checking on your Pokemon. if you take an egg, it will not appear in your Pokemon, but rather on the bottom left of your screen (you may want to try changing your map first). and to get egg moves, you have to cross breed. it's very complicated. the male Pokemon only will pass on moves, so you need to get a female of the Pokemon you want to have it and breed it with a compatible male that has the move. you may have to cross a few Pokemon to get what you want- for example, breed Pokemon A with Pokemon B to get Pokemon C, a male that has the move. then, breed it with Pokemon D, a female of the Pokemon you want to have that move, to get Pokemon E, the Pokemon with that move. it gets very complicated, as I said. don't ask me for advice, I'm no breeder. please note, though, that legendaries, and Pokemon with rarities "myth" or "s" can't be bred no matter what, not can their evolved forms even if they are no longer in that classification.

Q: does (insert move here) work?
A: try this: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5993

Q: where can I get Eevee?
A: the five brothers quest will give you some money and an Eevee when you finish it. if you are having trouble finding them I recommend using this link: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=400 it's quite good. and no matter what rumors you hear, you can no longer get an Eevee through the Dratini quest. you could once, yes, but not anymore. plus, Umbreon is no longer in the Grayview Grotto, so ignore that rumor as well and don't waste your time looking.

Q: where can I find Dratini?
A: route 3 secret grotto, and before you ask, go to the left side of route 3 and look for the shadow under the tree. that's the entrance.

Q: where do I buy a metal coat?
A: there is a backpacker around the middle of Eastbourne who sells them.

Q: where do I buy a dragon scale?
A: same guy who sells the metal coat in the above question.

Q: How do I get out of Oldpine?
A: First, you have to do the steal two high-quality Magikarp quest in Darlinghurst. then, go to the Oldpine police station (the station, not the jail) and talk to officers until you find the one that arrests you. once you are in jail, talk to the police officer in front of the door. (don't talk to John, all he'll do is laugh at you. don't worry, you can laugh at him later, in the desert, when he forgets to bring water. but don't laugh too much, you're nicer than he is. ;) ) anyway, you'll go to court after you talk to the officer, and you'll get your, uh, "punishments." in the jailyard, defeat Rattata. I believe you have to defeat 30, and you can check how many you''ve defeated so far by asking one of the officers by the fence.
NOTE- DO NOT ESCAPE BY RESETING POSITION!!!!! you have to do the jail and jailyard stuff to progress. it is possible to get back in once you are out, you go and talk to the guy who is standing on the other side of the jailyard fence I think, but it is more of a pain then necessary, so just defeat the Rattata.
then, you will be be out, but not quite home free. you need to find two replacement Karps and do some community service. so, near the houses in Oldpine, there's an old woman with a quest. she wants a Pokemon as old as she is. the answer is an Arcanine, but hold your Ponyta, because not just any Arcanine will work. on the right side of town, just before the jailyard (you may or may not have seen him standing outside it when you were in there) there is a cop who looks after old, retired Arcanine from the police force. talk to him and he will give you one of those, although he'll want you to catch a Growlithe first. don't worry, though, those thigns are literall right inside the town. then take the Arcanine to her. she will give you a Karp in thanks, and tell you where you can find someone who has another one- route 4, near the water.

Q: where do I find the two high quality Magikarp that I'm supposed to steal?
A: the guy who sends you on the quest will tell you where to find the first one, but, if you missed it, the person is in Bluegum cave. The person you steal that Magikarp from will tell you where to find the second one, by telling you not to go to that place- Bluegum Poke Mart..

Q: how do I get Pikachu?
A: you can either evolve one from Pichu or get one from Darlinghurst ranch. the people there will complain about a Pikachu eating their food; go in the barn with them to catch it in the act. it will run away; follow it. talk to it- it is hungry. tell the lady who runs the ranch the problem, and you will be told about a baker in the Darlinghurst eatery who might have food for it. you will need a diner coupon to get in the eatery; the eatery is the building near the Pokecenter with a person standing outside of it. go in and find the baker. and no, it doesn't matter what option you choose. (though I personally like the ketchup.) bring it back to Pikachu, and Pikachu will join you.

Q: how do I get diner coupons?
A: battle Wingull. they sometimes drop them. you also get 20 for defeating 50 Sunkern at northwest Eastbourne farms. I think you are also given some for completing the Corphish quest in Newpine.

Q: where can I find Pichu/Togepi/Elekid?
A: route 6, above Eastbourne, in the meadow. you will need the Eastbourne gym badge to get in.

Q: where do I find [insert Pokemon here]?
A: I recommend using the Pokemon Legends Location Guide. it's excellent. also, you can use the IRC chat. type in !Location and the Pokemon you want- example: !Location Lapras and it will bring up the Pokemon location and the rarity. here's the location guide I like: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=644

Q: is [insert Pokemon here] rare?
A: it will tell you in the location guide I mentioned above, at the bottom. you can also use the IRC as described above.

side note: IRC is a great tool for just about everything. it does moves (!Move growl), natures (!Nature adamant) and even Pokemon that are non map- whether it was available through an event, who breeds it, etc. it's called michelle. like Siri, but better. :)

Q: how do I get into the Easbourne gym for the third badge?
A: first, go talk to the gym leader in the pokemon center. then, clear Team Royal off the beach. they're an eyesore. once you have, go back to the Pokemon center. Raian should be back in there. talk to him, and he'll rush back to the gym. then you can battle him.

Q: where's the diamond in the desert?
A: well, first make sure you have the quest to search for treasure in the desert. you won't find it without it. I suspect that the location is different for everyone, but haven't experimented with that yet.the guy who gives you the quest will give you instructions: those instructions are the MAPS you move. if he says 2 left, move two maps to the left, etc.. when you are in the last map from the instructions, go check out the flag. it will be there.

Q: where are the thirsty Pokemon/Royal grunts in the desert/where do I get Fresh Water?
A: fresh water is sold in vending machines in gatehouses. there's a gatehouse just before the desert- you can buy it in there. the thirsty Pokemon are a Swellow by the oasis (I may eventually test if this Swellow is the same one that later leads you to the first relic- I have no idea, but I think that would be cool. :) ), and Eevee in the south, and an Audino on the road. that's all I'm saying- I don't want to spoil all your fun!
the grunts I'll give you the maps for, since they are a little scattered. they are at: B1, D3, A4.

Q: how do I get out of the desert?
A: you have to clear Team Royal out before the police will let you pass into Sandmarsh. to find Team Royal, head for the bottom right of the desert. since the exact area can be a little tricky to get into, try this: follow the path that leads from the oasis to Sandmarsh, but when you get to where the path turns north, turn south instead, go into the map below, and once you see the flag stop. right across from the flag is a small opening. head right and use it. then keep heading south. alternatively, you can also go south just a little when you leave the path, and turn right and go into the map on the right, then go south. that will get you there as well. once you have gotten rid of the guys in white and talked to professor sycamore, you'll be allowed to pass into Sandmarsh.

Q: how do I get to Dorocoast?
A: first, you get into Sandmarsh. then, remember what the professor asked you to do? he wanted you to look for a book in the library. go in there- biggest building, has a book picture on it I think- and go into the back room. then, you meet an old acquaintance- Clifford, gym leader # 1 from Darlinghurst. talk to him. he'll tell you what the book said. then there'll be a kerfuffle outside. Clifford will go take a look- follow him. what do you know, another gym leader acquaintance- Cascadie, Leader # 2 from Newpine town. and her shiny Gyarados has been stolen! you have to go into the Lotad nesting grounds, the map on the right, to help them get it back. once you get it back, you will be able to keep heading north, so go back to the town and go up, and you will reach Dorocoast. (guess what? team Royal is up there, too! they sure have been busy...)

Q: How do I trigger the wedding?
A: go down to my relic guide, I have answered that question under the third relic. there are a bunch of things that were seemingly inconsequential that you will need, so read and make sure you do everything.

Q: how do I get to Sea Fairy Cave?
A: it is on Sea Fairy Island. to get there, you must give a few things to a lady with a parasol standing next to a Wingull on the docks of Dorocoast. you will need 13 potions and a no-exp. stone. after you give her those things, she will take you to Sea Fairy Island. then you will have to do some things involving a relic crown and a guy who owns a lot of books to get into the cave. if you feel lost, try taking to some of the people around the island.

Q: where is the key in the SS Neptune?
A: unfortunately, the exact place seems to be random, but it is always in the room of the boat that has all the water and the grunt walking around looking for it. keep searching that room and you'll find it eventually.

Q: what Pokemon do I need for the riddles?
A: I personally am not sure why everyone isn't having as much fun solving them as I did, but ok. you need:
Ampharos, Nidorina, Cherrim, Sunflora, Gardevior, Lumineon, Dunsparce, Vileplume, and Tyranitar.
Q: how do I get to Blackfell?
A: you have to rescue the kidnapped gym leaders and their Pokemon first.

Q: where are the kidnapped gym leaders?
A: they are on the SS Neptune. and before you ask how to get to the SS Neptune, go look at my relic guide, because you need the third relic first. don't worry, if you don't want to deal with all the relics right away, you can get the third one without getting the first two. but, you will need them later, so why not go for it?

Q: how do I finish the taking care of this daycare quest?
A: yeah, that's a little weird. you find the mushroom, bring it back, end up at the pokemon center, and then John doesn't tell you it's finished? sheesh. well, you kind of have to came back at a different point for it. to finish the quest, get the fourth relic. then go over to a shady guy in Blackfell. he has a quest for you, but if you tried to talk to him earlier, he would have told you to find the relic. now that you have it, he'll ask you to buy a house. yes, a house. it's a very nice house, by the way. take the quest, go buy the house, get what the guy wants from it while you happen to be there, and go back. finish your quest with the guy, then go into the Pokemon center to see John. talk to him. he'll say something about your house and being helpful, then he will finish your daycare quest. finally.

Q: how do I get to Wildhaven?
A: you have to go through Blackfell. on Blackfell, you have to do the zombie quest, get the fourth relic, and I believe you have to buy the house as well, then once you have done all that, go back to Blackfell and talk to the guy running the boat you used to first get to Blackfell. he'll have the option to go to Wildhaven. note- some people have gotten to Wildhaven without having the fourth relic, so I may be wrong about needing it? still, after you beat the gym leader, the next part of the story is getting the 5th relic (not relesed yet, but hopefully soon), so why not just get them? for one, with the next part of the story unavailable, that's the only thing left to do after the 5th gym is get them all (and since you're going to be stuck, why be in a hurry for the 5th badge?), and for two, you need the four to keep going and get the 5th one (theoretically) once it's released.

Q: how do I get into the lower part of the Blackfell Caverns?
A: you need the anti-heat orb. you get that by doing the sudowoodo quest which is inside one of the houses on Blackfell.

Q: where is the fourth relic?
A: it is in Blackfell caverns, behind the haunter statue in the graveyard. you will need the old ghost lady's Hanter with you. note: you will also need to have had that Haunters help finding the second relic before she will talk to it.

Q: where is the old ghost lady's Haunter?
A: it is in a box inside the house with all the jars in Newpine.

Q: where is the second relic?
A: well first, you need the candle that you get with the first relic... huh? oh boy. alright, here we go:

RELIC GUIDE:

first relic: this one is on route 12, in the swamp. a Swellow on the right will take you to a hollow tree. this Swellow, I'm pretty sure it is the one from the thirsty desert Pokemon quest. if you did not do the quest, you will not see it. so, help it out, then follow the Swellow to the hollow tree. it is in there. helpful hint: if you stand still, the angry Pokemon inside won't see you, so when they come near you, don't move until they leave. that will make getting through much easier.
once you have the first relic, a vision of mew will come to you, and among other things, he will give you a special candle that spiders are scared of.

second relic: first, you need to get the first relic as mentioned above; you need that candle from mew. then you need to go to Newpine. there is a strange house full of jars, as you may have seen if you explored it. well, the jars aren't the only thing in there; there's also a box with two locks on it. the keys to that box are in the jars. find those keys, and open that box. a Haunter will come out. you startled it when you opened the box, so it will attack you. once you defeat it, it will calm down and seem to leave. however, it doesn't actually leave... it's happy that you let it out, so it will now follow you around outside of your sight.

now that you have the candle, and the Haunter from the box, go to Grayview cave (the one with the statue), to where the path forks at the top. there may be a small quote saying that Haunter is nudging you to go right. well, Haunter is right. go to the right end of the cave and look closely. there will be a shadow on the ground. that shadow marks a little cave. go there. that is the spiders den. you will throw the candle in and go inside. inside there will be several paths- there is only one right way through, but don't worry, if you start going the wrong way, Haunter will tell you! go get that relic!

third relic: you first need to rescue the shiny King Pidgeot from the blue boat on the Dorocoast docks, then get the grass gym badge. then go talk to Oliver in the gym. he won't battle you, but he'll tell you about a Pidgeot in front of the gym. it is the King. he will take you to Eastbourne, where there is a wedding taking place. crash it! then deal with a bit of a cutscene. after that, you'll be able to go into Raians house- and since I get a lot of people asking where that is, it's in Eastbourne, right above his gym, which is the gym inside the giant garden. go into his house, go over to the fridge, and turn the big gold switch on. then go check the golden Magikarp statue- you will get behind it. once behind, you will find the third relic! Pick it up, go through the whole illusion (which is awesome by the way, it's too bad you can't go back to it later...) and then wait! don't leave yet! check the papers on the table. they will tell you where the kidnapped gym leaders are, the SS Neptune! then you can go back to Dorocoast and ask the guy with the blue boat to take you there.
Wedding trouble:
if you are not getting Oliver to tell you about King Pideot in front of the gym, you may be missing a few criteria. first, as I said already, you need to have rescued shiny King Pidgeot. you need the fourth badge. you also need to give the grunt guarding the Team Royal Black Market a diamond- see diamond in the desert question if needed. you'll understand why if you pay attention to the wedding cutscene. I think that you also need to complete the thirsty desert pokemon quest. see the question for that if needed. if you have all those things, you should be able to trigger the wedding.

Fourth relic: as I said earlier, Blackfell island, behind the Haunter statue. have everything done with that Haunter and bring it to the old ghost lady. you will talk a bit, then you will get to go inside. they are a bit maze like, but you'll find the area. the problem are those dang statues... and the hint the ninja gives you actually isn't quite accurate. when he says almost half the statues don't need to be activated, he mean OVER half the statues won't need to be activated. you only have to turn on two. I believe the correct ones are two and five. then go pick it up, and hooray, you have it!

********* everything past here is for the most recent update- please note that I am still working on adding everything in here for it, so your answer might not be in here. Please be patient; now that I am working, I have less time then I did when I first made this FAQ in college.*********

Fifth relic: first, you need the first four. then, you need the 5th gym badge. after you have all that, King Pidgeot should be waiting for you outside the 5th gym. (if you beat the gym then got the relics, you may need to talk to Seris inside it first- I don't know.) talk to King Pidgeot, and he will take you to a mountain. find your way through the trees and blizzard (harder that you'd think, really) and into the room with four switches and the relic. this relic is actually one of the easiest there is. you need to turn on both yellow switches, then press one of them again, with both on- it will trigger a "hidden third switch." then press a green switch, without turning off the yellow. I think either side works, but please let me know if I'm wrong so I can edit. I'm pretty sure I used left, if it makes a difference to you. anyway, after stepping on the switch, your road may be a little winding, but it will be clear, and you can go get the relic.

This concludes the relic guide.

Q; How do I get Mew/Mewtwo/Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres/the Regis/Cresselia?
A: There is a wonderful guide made by Zire727 that has all the answers you need except the way to get Cresselia, currently, unless someone has outlined the way to do so in the comments. I will link the guide to here and add a guide to getting Cresselia in this FAQ myself when I have more time...
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6366

Q: I'm stuck in the desert temple, what do I do?
A: Actually, Zire's guide in the above question has a fairly good guide for that too. most of the other questions that his guide answers I will also eventually answer in here for your convenience, when I'm able to update the whole thing, but for this one, I refer you to the guide linked in the question above.

Q: How do I get the snorkel?
A: Let me guess- are you still wandering around the desert temple? hopefully you didn't reset position to get out, although if you did it's not a serious loss, you just need to go back. but anyway, I suggest you first search around the Temple until you find a little fire starter Pokemon garden plush. getting it now will save bother later. then, exit the temple the way you came in. walk forward a little, and you should get a little cutscene with Jirachi, Seris, and Pyrolius, in which you should be given the snorkel.

Q: I have the Snorkel, now where do I go?
A: Go back to the SS Neptune, find the deep water, and head down.

Q: I can't get into Strongwater town, the guard won't let me in! How do I get past him?
A: the guard won't let you in because your face is on the poster next to him. try talking to everyone in the gatehouse to Strongwater, then talk to the poster. the people around should give you hints of what to do, but if you're still not sure, first head to the Team Royal Black Market. there's a person there who'll sell you poster paper. buy that, then talk to the mailman. the next thing you'll need to do is head for sandmarsh and take on the quest "Documenting wildlife". the photographer will tell you the approximate locations of the pokemon; if you need to hear them again, just talk to him again. he'll repeat them as often as you need him to. Once you've got them all (there are 5), talk to him again and you'll get the photo you need. then go back to the Strongwater gatehouse and you will be able to swap out the poster. the guard will then not recognize you and let you pass.

Q: Where are the guys in the desert who need water?
A: I answered this earlier, but there's no harm in repeating it, so: they are in sections A4, B1, and D3.

Q: where do I get rare bones?
A: in the desert den in desert section A1. it`s a minigame that requires a game ticket; lift a rock, and you have a chance to find a rare bone, plus several other things. prizes, and the chance to find it, are stated on the board in the cave, if you are curious.

now, this isn't a frequently asked question, but I'm going to put it in here for fun! :)
just outside Eastbourne city is a farm- the Eastbourne farmlands. go to the northwestern Eastbourne farmlands, and you'll have to battle a few people, but you'll find a lady at the top of the farm who says they have a Sunkern problem. it is not a quest, but you'll get prizes for defeating certain amounts, and I'm going to post them.
10 sunkern: 5 ultra balls
25 sunkern: 30 game tickets
50 sunkern: 20 diner coupons
100 sunkern: 5000 c.
200 sunkern: dusk stone.
that's it.

ONE MORE NOTE: this FAQ is here to help people when they are stuck, definitely. That's why I made it. but I do want to point out that if you use this FAQ, other forums, and/or get all the answers from other people, you will probably finish all the playable content really fast, and then guess what? You're going to have to wait for the next update. and no, you may NOT complain about having nothing to do. The game developers work on this game in between their own real lives, and they will not hurry just because you're bored. So honestly, there is no real reason to think to yourself, "I'm going to do this the easy way and get all the stuff fast!", because you'll be wishing later that you hadn't, most likely. I'm not trying to point fingers, make anyone feel guilty, or make people feel like they shouldn't use forums and things for help- you absolutely should, especially if you're stuck. I`m only saying that it might benefit you if you tried things on your own first. If you do finish, and get bored with nothing to do, well... keep your complaints out of the game. they will not help anything and will only sour the game for others, which is something I will not tolerate. This game is to have fun, not complain about how far away the next update might be.

well, that's all I can think of for now. I'll update it as I come across more questions or new info. and if you can think of any that I missed, let me know and I'll add it! :)
Last edited by Dragonstars on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:41 am, edited 35 times in total.
leave something worthwhile behind... that way, you will never really leave.
I will not judge you... I know I'm not perfect at all.

The sky is not the limit. Forget the sky, shoot for the stars!

Loyal member of P.L.A.T.I.N.U.M.

JrHoover187
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by JrHoover187 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:11 am

Amazing Guide! Not only am I the first reply :) but I am def your #1 fan. Keep doing what your doing girl, WE LOVE YOU!
><><><><><><><><><><><>-BOSS-<><><><><><><><><><><><

cassparilla
Trainer
Trainer

Post by cassparilla » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:23 am

Thank you for your dedication! This is perfect! Let's just start linking to this now.

Also, can you add a note about how to get more hearts... that's a FAQ for sure.
Last edited by cassparilla on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

cassparilla
Trainer
Trainer

Post by cassparilla » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:24 am

JrHoover187 wrote:WE LOVE YOU!
It's true, we do. :)

Dragonstars

Post by Dragonstars » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:33 am

cassparilla wrote: Also, can you add a note about how to get more hearts... that's a FAQ for sure.
oh, good idea! forgot that one, I'll add it now.

Dragonstars

Post by Dragonstars » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:34 am

and thank you. :oops:

KiRa04
Trainer
Trainer

Post by KiRa04 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:58 am

nice guide :D :lol: :lol: ;)
PROUD LEADER OF ポケモンパラダイス CLAN

"I won't live my life by another person's script." -FuwaMahiro

thegr33nman
Trainer
Trainer

Post by thegr33nman » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:41 am

Wow. Really helpful. Thanks!

ONEDIRECTION_BROTHER
Trainer
Trainer

what is the answer of the fifth riddle ??

Post by ONEDIRECTION_BROTHER » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:42 am

Dragonstars wrote:I spend a lot of time on the help chat. I've noticed some questions come up a lot. I don't mind answering them, but I figured I should put them all in one place for people to look at. so, here we go:

(bonus: most often asked question on help chat: Q: can someone help me? A: certainly, it's the help chat. just ask your question. since you're here on my FAQ, though, you might want to look through it first. :D :lol: )

Q: how do I get Pokemon to follow me on screen?
A: you need to be premium for that.

Q: How do I get premium?
A: go to account on the left side bar, and click the drop-down "donate". then donate the money for premium.

Q: how do I get tokens?
A: you buy them. go to the donate page the same way as described for premium.

Q: how do I get more hearts?
A: you get more every consecutive day you log in.

Q: how do I get gold and shiny Pokemon?
A: you have to buy gold Pokemon with tokens. shiny Pokemon you find randomly (it will say shiny) or win from tournaments.

Q: is [insert nature here] good for [insert pokemon here]?
A: try looking at this nature guide for a general idea of which natures do what: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=592
as a general rule, you want a nature that will increase the kind of attack you will be using (either physical (attack) or special (special attack) and preferably lower the attack you won't be using, or another stat that won't be useful. speed in most pokemon is something you want to keep high; however, on pokemon that are extremely slow, for example snorlax, speed won't matter much and a nature that lowers it will be fine. hp and the two defenses are generally things you don't really want lowered, but it's a bit of a waste to boost them with a nature.

Q: what are IVs and EVs?
A: I'm just going to post a couple ink here for you to read at your leisure.
IVs: http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml
EVs: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

you can decide for yourself how much you want to panic over getting good IVs for your pokemon.

Q: how do I give Pokemon for quests?
A: first, go to that Pokemon's page and click "quests". enable it to be taken. if you need to give more than one Pokemon, you must enable them all. then, put them into your BOX, not your team. then talk to the person who wants them.

Q: how do I trade?
A: go to trades, on the menu on the left, and it will take you to the set up trade page.choose an option from the list that drops down next to the blue "place Pokemon to trade set" button. note that you can't put Pokemon in your team or in your daycare up for trade. after you choose your Pokemon, click the add to trade set button, then go down and click the green "set trade" button.
if you are looking for a Pokemon, switch over to the search trade market page, or if you know who's trading the Pokemon, click their name to go to their profile and click to view their trades. you can also search their username in search the trade market. anyway, do your search for what you want. when you find it,click the blue "place an offer button", then make exactly like I described to set up a trade yourself, the only difference being that you can add money if you choose. once you hit set trade, it will be up to the other person to accept it. to accept an offer on your trade, just go to the trade page, click toggle offers, and accept. or don't, if you don't like the trade.

Q: is there a map?
A: yeah, right here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1073

Q: how do I evolve Pokemon?
A: it depends on the Pokemon. some evolve through lvling up, some through stones, some through trading, some through trading while holding certain items, some by lvling up while holding certain items, and some by lvling up knowing certain moves. so you really have to specify the Pokemon when you ask.

some Pokemon also have different Pokemon they can evolve into, like the classic example (and one of my favourite Pokemon): Eevee. Eevee can evolve into one of eight different Pokemon, depending on what method you use to evolve it.

since I have gotten into this with a couple of people: there is only one way to get each evolved form. one and only one. for example, Tentacool. it evolves into Tentacruel by getting lvled up to lvl 30. it will not evolve with a water stone, you can not evolve it before lvl 30, and you can definitely not evolve it without lvling it. it will evolve at lvl 30 and NOT BEFORE!

Q: where can I get Eevee?
A: the five brothers quest will give you some money and an Eevee when you finish it. if you are having trouble finding them I recommend using the link in Numa's quest guide- it's quite good.

Q: where can I find Dratini?
A: route 3 secret grotto, and before you ask, go to the left side of route 3 and look for the shadow under the tree. that's the entrance.

Q: where do I buy a metal coat?
A: there is a backpacker around the middle of Eastbourne who sells them.

Q: where do I buy a dragon scale?
A: same guy who sells the metal coat in the above question.

Q: where do I find the two high quality Magikarp that I'm supposed to steal?
A: the guy who sends you on the quest will tell you where to find the first one, but, if you missed it, the person is in Bluegum cave. The person you steal that Magikarp from will tell you where to find the second one.

Q: how do I get Pikachu?
A: you can either evolve one from Pichu or get one from Darlinghurst ranch. the people there will complain about a Pikachu eating their food; go in the barn with them to catch it in the act. it will run away; follow it. talk to it- it is hungry. tell the lady who runs the ranch the problem, and you will be told about a baker in the Darlinghurst eatery who might have food for it. you will need a diner coupon to get in the eatery; the eatery is the building near the Pokecenter with a person standing outside of it. go in and find the baker. and no, it doesn't matter what option you choose. (though I personally like the ketchup.) bring it back to Pikachu, and Pikachu will join you.

Q: how do I get diner coupons?
A: battle Wingull. they sometimes drop them. you also get 20 for defeating 50 Sunkern at northwest Eastbourne farms.

Q: where can I find Pichu/Togepi/Elekid?
A: route 6, above Eastbourne, in the meadow. you will need the Eastbourne gym badge to get in.

Q: where do i find [insert Pokemon here]?
A: I recommend using the Pokemon Legends Location Guide. it's excellent. also, you can use the IRC chat. type in !Location and the Pokemon you want- example: !Location Lapras and it will bring up the Pokemon location and the rarity. here's the location guide I like: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=644

Q: is [insert Pokemon here] rare?
A: check your 'dex. it should tell you. it will also tell you in the location guide I mentioned above, at the bottom. you can also use the IRC as described above.

side note: IRC is a great tool for just about everything. it does moves (!Move growl), natures (!Nature adamant) and even Pokemon that are non map- whether it was available through an event, who breeds it, etc. it's called michelle. like Siri, but better. :)

Q: where are the two high quality Magikarp I need for the police?
A: the first one you get from an old lady when you do her a favour. she wants a Pokemon as old as she is- go to the right of the town, find the guy near the roaming Arcanine, and talk to him. he will give you a 60 year old retired Arcanine, so go back and give it to the old lady. she will give you the karp and tell you where the other one is.

Q: how do I get into the Easbourne gym for the third badge?
A: first, clear Team Royal off the beach. they're an eyesore. once you have, go to the Pokemon center. Raian should be there. talk to him, and he'll rush back to the gym. then you can battle him.

Q: where's the diamond in the desert?
A: well, first make sure you have the quest to search for treasure in the desert. you won't find it without it. I suspect that the location is different for everyone, but haven't experimented with that yet.the guy who gives you the quest will give you instructions: those instructions are the MAPS you move. if he says 2 left, move two maps to the left, etc.. when you are in the last map from the instructions, go check out the flag. it will be there.

Q: where are the thirsty Pokemon in the desert/where do I get Fresh Water?
A: fresh water is sold in vending machines in gatehouses. there's a gatehouse just before the desert- you can buy it in there. the thirsty Pokemon are a Swellow by the oasis (I may eventually test if this Swellow is the same one that later leads you to the first relic- I have no idea, but I think that would be cool. :) ), and Eevee in the south, and an Audino on the road. that's all I'm saying- I don't want to spoil all your fun!

Q: how do I get out of the desert?
A: you have to clear Team Royal out before the police will let you pass into Sandmarsh. to find Team Royal, head for the bottom right of the desert. since the exact area can be a little tricky to get into, try this: follow the path that leads from the oasis to Sandmarsh, but when you get to where the path turns north, turn south instead, go into the map below, and once you see the flag stop. right across from the flag is a small opening. head right and use it. then keep heading south. alternatively, you can also go south just a little when you leave the path, and turn right and go into the map on the right, then go south. that will get you there as well. once you have gotten rid of the guys in white and talked to professor sycamore, you'll be allowed to pass into Sandmarsh.

Q: how do I get to Sea Fairy Cave?
A: it is on Sea Fairy Island. to get there, you must give a few things to a lady with a parasol standing next to a Wingull on the docks of Dorocoast. you will need 13 potions and a no-exp. stone. after you give her those things, she will take you to Sea Fairy Island. then you will have to do some things involving a relic crown and a guy who owns a lot of books to get into the cave. if you feel lost, try taking to some of the people around the island.

Q: where is the key in the SS Neptune?
A: unfortunately, the exact place seems to be random, but it is always in the room of the boat that has all the water and the grunt walking around looking for it. keep searching that room and you'll find it eventually.

Q: what Pokemon do I need for the riddles?
A: I personally am not sure why everyone isn't having as much fun solving them as I did, but ok. you need:
Ampharos, Nidorina, Cherrim, Sunflora, Gardevior, Lumineon, Dunsparce, Vileplume, and Tyranitar.
Q: how do I get to Blackfell?
A: you have to rescue the kidnapped gym leaders and their Pokemon first.

Q: where are the kidnapped gym leaders?
A: they are on the SS Neptune. and before you ask how to get to the SS Neptune, go look at my relic guide, because you need the third relic first. don't worry, if you don't want to deal with all the relics right away, you can get the third one without getting the first two. but, you will need them later, so why not go for it?

Q: how do I finish the taking care of this daycare quest?
A: yeah, that's a little weird. you find the mushroom, bring it back, end up at the pokemon center, and then John doesn't tell you it's finished? sheesh. well, you kind of have to came back at a different point for it. to finish the quest, get the fourth relic. then go over to a shady guy in Blackfell. he has a quest for you, but if you tried to talk to him earlier, he would have told you to find the relic. now that you have it, he'll ask you to buy a house. yes, a house. it's a very nice house, by the way. take the quest, go buy the house, get what the guy wants from it while you happen to be there, and go back. finish your quest with the guy, then go into the Pokemon center to see John. talk to him. he'll say something about your house and being helpful, then he will finish your daycare quest. finally.

Q: how do I get to Wildhaven?
A: you have to go through Blackfell. on Blackfell, you have to do the zombie quest, get the fourth relic, and I believe you have to buy the house as well, then once you have done all that, go back to Blackfell and talk to the guy running the boat you used to first get to Blackfell. he'll have the option to go to Wildhaven.

Q: how do I get into the lower part of the Blackfell Caverns?
A: you need the anti-heat orb. you get that by doing the sudowoodo quest which is inside one of the houses on Blackfell.

Q: where is the fourth relic?
A: it is in Blackfell caverns, behind the haunter statue in the graveyard. you will need the old ghost lady's Hanter with you. note: you will also need to have had that Haunters help finding the second relic before she will talk to it.

Q: where is the old ghost lady's Haunter?
A: it is in a box inside the house with all the jars in Newpine.

Q: where is the second relic?
A: well first, you need the candle that you get with the first relic... huh? oh boy. alright, here we go:

RELIC GUIDE:

first relic: this one is on route 12, in the swamp. a Swellow on the right will take you to a hollow tree. it is in there. helpful hint: if you stand still, the angry Pokemon inside won't see you, so when they come near you, don't move until they leave. that will make getting through much easier.
once you have the first relic, a vision of mew will come to you, and among other things, he will give you a special candle that spiders are scared of.

second relic: now that you have the candle, and the Haunter from the box, go to Grayview cave, to where the path forks at the top. there may be a small quote saying that Haunter is nudging you to go right. well, Haunter is right. go to the right end of the cave and look closely. there will be a shadow on the ground. that shadow marks a little cave. go there. that is the spiders den. you will throw the candle in and go inside. inside there will be several paths- there is only one right way through, but don't worry, if you start going the wrong way, Haunter will tell you! go get that relic!

third relic: you first need to rescue the shiny King Pidgeot from the blue boat on the Dorocoast docks, then get the grass gym badge. then go talk to Oliver in the gym. he won't battle you, but he'll tell you about a Pidgeot in front of the gym. it is the King. he will take you to Eastbourne, where there is a wedding taking place. crash it! then deal with a bit of a cutscene. after that, you'll be able to go into Raians house- and since I get a lot of people asking where that is, it's in Eastbourne, right above his gym, which is the gym inside the giant garden. go into his house, go over to the fridge, and turn the big gold switch on. then go check the golden Magikarp statue- you will get behind it. once behind, you will find the third relic! Pick it up, go through the whole illusion (which is awesome by the way, it's too bad you can't go back to it later...) and then wait! don't leave yet! check the papers on the table. they will tell you where the kidnapped gym leaders are, the SS Neptune! then you can go back to Dorocoast and ask the guy with the blue boat to take you there.
Wedding trouble:
if you are not getting Oliver to tell you about King Pideot in front of the gym, you may be missing a few criteria. first, as I said already, you need to have rescued shiny King Pidgeot. you need the fourth badge. you also need to give the grunt guarding the Team Royal Black Market a diamond- see diamond in the desert question if needed. you'll understand why if you pay attention to the wedding cutscene. I think that you also need to complete the thirsty desert pokemon quest. see the question for that if needed. if you have all those things, you should be able to trigger the wedding.

Fourth relic: as I said earlier, Blackfell island, behind the Haunter statue. have everything done with that Haunter and bring it to the old ghost lady. you will talk a bit, then you will get to go inside. they are a bit maze like, but you'll find the area. the problem are those dang statues... and the hint the ninja gives you actually isn't quite accurate. when he says almost half the statues don't need to be activated, he mean OVER half the statues won't need to be activated. you only have to turn on two. I believe the correct ones are two and five. then go pick it up, and hooray, you have it!

Fifth relic: not yet released, but you need to beat the fifth gym leader, have the other four, and then ride shiny King Pidgeot to the right place. that's all I currently know, and I will update it when the fifth relic becomes available. :)

now, this isn't a frequently asked question, but I'm going to put it in here for fun! :)
just outside Eastbourne city is a farm- the Eastbourne farmlands. go to the northwestern Eastbourne farmlands, and you'll have to battle a few people, but you'll find a lady at the top of the farm who says they have a Sunkern problem. it is not a quest, but you'll get prizes for defeating certain amounts, and I'm going to post them.
10 sunkern: 5 ultra balls
25 sunkern: 30 game tickets
50 sunkern: 20 diner coupons
100 sunkern: 5000 c.
200 sunkern: dusk stone.
that's it.

well, that's all I can think of for now. I'll update it as I come across more questions or new info. and if you can think of any that I missed, let me know and I'll add it! :)

ONEDIRECTION_BROTHER
Trainer
Trainer

Re:what is the answer of the fifth riddle

Post by ONEDIRECTION_BROTHER » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:55 am

what is the answer of the fifth riddle please :|