a guy in sandmarsh town (red bandana) says he breeds shiny pokemon. how does that work? if the mother is shiny will the egg be a shiny? do both have to be shiny? is it chance based amd if so what is the possibility? it just got me thinking
You can obtain a shiny Pokemon from the daycare but this is very rare. The rates increase with every shiny parent in the daycare, but the parents do not necessarily need to be shiny to obtain a shiny offspring. The probability of hatching a shiny Pokemon:
- Normal x Normal = 1 in 8192 eggs for non-premium, 1 in 4906 for premium.
- Normal x Shiny = a little higher probability than for Normal x Normal.
- Shiny x Shiny = a little higher probability than for Normal x Shiny.
Don't be afraid to be a Skitty in a world of Meowths.
Sending well wishes to everyone.
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:37 am
- Location: Begging Arceus for better shiny RNG...
- Discord: boss#8136