Pokemon Legends Breeding Guide

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Aerobous said on, Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:17 am.

After constant back to back expression of wanting an ACCURATE breeding guide, I have come to my senses and decided to make it for you all. :P

I will walk you all step by step as to what breeding is, where the breeding center is, and what egg groups exist, and what exactly egg groups are etc.

Let's get started!

BREEDING UNIT 1

What Is Breeding?
Breeding is the mating and production of offspring by a Male and Female Pokemon.

How do I Breed?
To breed, visit the daycare. At the daycare center you will leave a Male and Female Pokemon that you would like to breed together. (The two Pokemon must be compatible in order to make an egg).

Where is the Daycare Center?
The daycare center can be found in Route 3.

How do I know when my egg will be ready?
The daycare center breeding process is based on time and steps. After some time of wandering around the Maps or just waiting outside the daycare center, talk back to the NPC Daycare Lady and she will grant you the egg your two Pokemon laid.

What will be the result of my Egg?
The egg will always hatch into what ever the Mom, Female Pokemon, was!

BREEDING RATES UNIT 2

Breeding occurs at the Pokemon Daycare. If two compatible Pokemon are left with the daycare lady, they will produce an egg. (The game is purposefully vague about how this happens.) Pokemon are compatible for breeding if:

They are not legendary Pokemon, baby Pokemon, or pseudo Pokemon.

This Includes: Dratini, Larvitar, Gible, Bagon.
They are of opposite genders.
In Other Terms, Male/Male or Female/Female.
They are in the same egg group

All Breeding Processes have Breeding Rates which will be explained below!

What are the breeding rates in the Breeding Process?
"The two seem to get along."

"The two don't really seem to like each other very much."

"Not Compatible"
New Image Coming Soon

What does each rate mean/represent?
"The two seem to get along." means you got 2 of the same species of Pokemon breeding from the same egg group and have a higher chance of breeding an egg in less required time!

"The two don't really seem to like each other very much." means you got 2 different species of Pokemon but in the same egg group and have a less chance of breeding an egg in a shorter amount of time!

NOTE: You still will receive an egg.

"Not Compatible." means you have 2 different species of Pokemon, from different egg groups and have 0% chance of breeding an egg.

NATURES UNIT 3

When an egg is produced, a nature is chosen at random for it. This is for stat modification.If the mother is holding an Everstone, there is a 50% chance of the baby having the same nature as the mother.

ATTACKS UNIT 4

To pass on an egg move, the Male Pokemon must have the skills that it can transfer somewhere in its four active move slots.
- If the father knows a move the baby can learn by TM (Bought Skill) then the baby will be born with this move.
- If the father knows one of the baby's egg moves, then the baby will be born with the move.

EGG GROUPS UNIT 5

Each Pokemon is assigned to one or more egg groups, and only Pokemon in the same egg groups may breed.
Listed Below, are only some egg group Pokemon examples, to view for a specific Pokemon please refer to the Psypokes Breeding Groups!

There are currently 15 total egg groups which are:
Amorphous:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fairy:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Field:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flying:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Grass:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Human-Like:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mineral:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Monster:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Water 1:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Water 2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Water 3:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ditto:

Here is an example to ease things up a bit!:
If you have a female and we want to get a new one, we can breed it to get .
First you need to find a compatible Pokemon. A Jolteon/Eeveelution of the opposite gender will always work, otherwise we need to look for other Pokemon in the same egg group.
Jolteon is in the Field Image egg group, so you have plenty of Pokemon to choose from! To be exact you have 202 other Pokemon to choose from!

STATS UNIT 6

Now that you have a clearer picture of what the entire breeding system is all about, let's talk about the Stats of the hatched Pokemon egg!

There isn't really much to be explained as everything is randomly generated.
All IVs/Natures from the resulting egg is random. So if you are trying to breed a nice and decent IV/Nature Pokemon, my suggestion is to have patience and breed another.

EX: Stats from my bredafter 2 attempts of breeding.
http://www.pokemonlegends.com/monster?mid=512061

Then again, If you are lucky enough, who knows, you may end up scoring a perfect IV Egg :)

Good Luck To All The Breeders And Future Breeders! Hope This Guide Helps! :D
Last edited by Aerobous on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
"For My Part I Know Nothing With Any Certainty, But The Sight Of Stars Makes Me Dream."
PL Game Rules | PL Location Guide

OfficerJennie
Trainer
Trainer

OfficerJennie said on, Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:08 pm.

Us old people can't see those tiny little dots on the screen, even with our reading glasses on and a magnifying glass, with the screen enlarged with ctrl and + trick.. >.<

I'm sure I'm not the only one with vision troubles. >.<
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” - Marilyn Monroe

OfficerJennie
Trainer
Trainer

OfficerJennie said on, Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:27 pm.

Us old people can't see those tiny little dots on the screen, even with our reading glasses on and a magnifying glass, with the screen enlarged with ctrl and + trick.. >.<

I'm sure I'm not the only one with vision troubles. >.<

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... g_Group%29
This has tiny dots too but you might be able to read the names of the pokes if you've vision issues like me.
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” - Marilyn Monroe

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Aerobous said on, Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:01 am.

ah i'll set them in bolds and in size 110 text for ya :)

and about the egg groups, wew. i became lazy but i'll be adding in all the rest of course :D
"For My Part I Know Nothing With Any Certainty, But The Sight Of Stars Makes Me Dream."

OfficerJennie
Trainer
Trainer

OfficerJennie said on, Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:56 am.

The font size wasn't the issue. "The dots" I was referring to was the little pixels on the screen I can only assume are Pokemon.

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Aerobous said on, Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:40 am.

ah yes, does things are the mini-sprites of the pokemon. I'll be typing out their names as well. so it doesnt turn into a hassle for you guys :)

Shenanigan
Trainer
Trainer

Shenanigan said on, Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:31 pm.

How long/how many steps does it usually take to breed within egg groups?

LavaM50
Trainer
Trainer

LavaM50 said on, Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:08 pm.

Hi!
I have a question about breeding: Can I breed a flygon with dragonite and get a gible?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Aerobous
Trainer
Trainer

Aerobous said on, Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:13 pm.

To answer Shenanigan first, it's all random.
Usually takes about 10-15 minutes to breed an egg where the 2 pokemon are compatible and like each other/seem to get a long very well.
To hatch them. just run around the map.

To answer you LavaM50, You cann't breed S Grade pokemon which include: Dragonite, Salamance, Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Goodra, and Garchomp and any of their previous evos.

So no you can't.

Also breeding works this way:
Male and Female pokemon are in the daycare.
Both are compatible.
You will receive an egg of whatever the female pokemon in the daycare is.

LavaM50
Trainer
Trainer

LavaM50 said on, Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:05 pm.

Thank you very much!

Return to “Guides”