- Who receives birthday gifts? The Legends (players) of Pokemon Legends.
- What birthday gift do I receive? An egg that contains a random shiny Starter Pokemon. You cannot pick the Starter Pokemon.
- Where do I receive my birthday gift? You will receive an email from the game with a link to claim your birthday gift.
- When do I receive my birthday gift? Every year on the date of birth that you entered when registering for your account.
- How do I claim my birthday gift? Please see the "How to Claim your Birthday Gift" section of this guide.
- Why did I not receive a birthday gift on my birthday? Please see the "Troubleshooting" section of this guide.
1. Receiving the email: You will receive an email from the game (if not, see Troubleshoot, part 1). The email will be sent sometime during the 24 hours of your birthday (in game time), so please wait for a day or two around your birthday for the email. The email will be sent to the email address you used to register for your game account. Makes sure you check your inbox AND spam box for the email.
2. What to do with the email: Open the email. Click on the "CLICK HERE to Claim your Shiny Pokemon" button.
Log onto your game account using your login credentials.
3. What to do with the egg: An egg should appear at the bottom left corner of your map screen (if not, see Troubleshoot, part 2). Walk around for a few minutes to different maps or refresh your page to hatch the egg.
What to do after the egg hatches? Celebrate!
1. I did not receive an email from the game at all.
- Confirm that you inputted the correct date of birth and that you are checking for an email on that date. While on the game screen, click on "Account" (left side bar) --> "Profile" --> "Account Settings" box --> "Birthday" section and verify that the date listed (DD/MM/YYYY) is the date you are checking your email.
- Confirm that you inputted the correct email address. While on the game screen, click on "Account" (left side bar) --> "Profile" --> "Account Settings" box --> "Email" section and verify that the email address listed is the email account you are checking.
- If you have confirmed the date of birth and the email address are correct, then most likely you will not receive an email. Unfortunately we've found that some email providers have been blocking the emails from the game since the email provider sees the game email as spam (so the email won't even make it into your inbox or spam box). If this is the case, unfortunately there is nothing we can do. We are working to fix this problem, but this is a problem on the end of your email provider.
- Try checking your Pokemon PC to make sure the shiny Starter Pokemon did not already hatch from the egg.
- Make sure that the email you received from the game states the correct username, to make sure you are logging onto the correct account. This is a problem if you registered for multiple accounts using the same email address and date of birth. If you received multiple emails from the game you can always try to log in with all of your accounts for each email link provided and see if you receive a gift for each account.
- Make sure you use the login page that the email gives you to log onto your account. The login page should mention something about your birthday gift near the top of the page.
- Make sure the web address of the link you received starts with https:// and NOT http://
- Only ONE account registered to the email will receive the birthday gift email. If you received multiple emails from the game you can always try to log in with all of your accounts for each email link provided and see if you receive a gift for each account.
- There is NO WAY to change the email address or date of birth associated with your account.