Yes, there has been a rollback.

You can ask questions about Pokemon Legends here.
PrincessPhoenix
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, there has been a rollback.

Post by PrincessPhoenix » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:06 pm

Even though there is a blog entry that specifically addresses this I'm still seeing people asking on the forums about lost accounts/Pokemon/in-game coins/FDs etc. So I'll try to elaborate on this a bit more with a frequently-asked-question style post.

What happened to my account? It's gone/missing a bunch of stuff!
Everything done beyond May is gone; this goes for both account data and registrations. There's no getting around this- there's no data for it otherwise it would have been returned. No amount of threats and complaints can restore something that has been permanently lost.

So to those who came here to give us an ultimatum of restore your stuff or you're leaving.. you can stop reading at this point. There's nothing we can do, and thanks for giving the game a try :(

Why did everything get deleted? Why did the game crash?
A couple of weeks ago Kyro was in game investigating the cause of the lag and discovered some database corruption. He rebooted the game/chat server to try and remedy it since restarts do fix things most of the time, but it turns out that the corruption was from a physical hard drive on the server failing, and this hard drive stopped responding after the restart and was lost. This wasn't expected and the developers had to rely on a previous backup taken in May when the game was being migrated to another server.

Why the hell didn't the game have (more recent) backups?
This is something we (most of the staff) are wondering ourselves because we were told months ago that there would be regular backups of the game. This turns out to be not the case because the developers who had access to the server during May-November didn't make any scheduled backups or the process stopped and wasn't checked on. There are no words to describe how disappointed we are in this. Seriously, us staff are just as furious about it as you are. They all swear now that there will be frequent backups, so this better not happen again.

I donated before! How do I get my premium/tokens back?
If you completely lost your account, the developers have instructed to register your account using the email that was used to donate and then send them a message asking for compensation. If your registered email matches their PayPal/Stripe logs then they will return the permanent premium and tokens to you. If your account already existed or you are already premium but missing tokens, the same process applies- notify the devs and provide them with email/transaction IDs if you still have them.

Why can donations be restored but friend donations can't?
Donations are logged on Paypal/Stripe records offsite from the game, however those only list who did the donation and not the target account donated to. There would have been logs of friend donations as well but those were stored in a database in game... which was lost during the rollback as far as I'm aware. Player testimony trustworthiness is usually very low and people will attempt to lie or cheat their way into a claim they didn't initially have, so to prevent that type of scenario they were only restoring donations for things that they have on logs from PayPal/Stripe.

There may be a better response to this in the upcoming days, but for now this is the scenario.

I have items in my account but I lost all my storyline progress. What's going on?
Unfortunately the tables that stored everyone's storyline progress were completely lost, so everyone would have to start from the beginning again. Items were stored elsewhere and so those before May survived. If you already had badges and stuff, you will end up with a second copy of it if you run through the game again.

Is the daycare working?
As of this moment, the daycare and tournaments are not fully up and running yet. But they will be once the dust settles.

That's all I have for now. I'll add more stuff if I see more of the same questions being asked.
ImageI'm not a developer. | Visit PL's IRC channel!

cg016763
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Yes, there has been a rollback.

Post by cg016763 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:12 pm

aw man

sutarran
Trainer
Trainer

Post by sutarran » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:16 pm

thanks PP explained nicely.

Jesta
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Jesta » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:36 pm

To whom it may concern,

I see that today is a complicated, hectic day for developers and MODs so I don't mean to add to the stress. But, if you guys check the PayPal logs from May until now you guys will see that my account "JESTA" has donated quite a number of times per month. Most of the time from $25-$50. If it is possible to search all my transactions and possibly get refunded? Not refunded in money.. Unless that's possible. If it's not possible could I maybe have all the tokens I spent money on from May Until the rollback? I purchased over 30 Gold Golett in the week the Halloween Event was out.. That in itself is a decent amount of money. So if there is anything you guys can do it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, my girlfriend's account "lexii" donated a few times.

Again anything is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Atomous
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Atomous » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:10 pm

Thank you for your announcement, PrincessPhoenix.

By the way, we wonder if our suggestion is possible to become true:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6319

We are willing to start over with you guys, just hope some motivations like this.
Never had a dream come true

Y0U
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Y0U » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:10 pm

Ty PP for this post...
One more question because I wasn't an user on May: where's the storyline end right now and how much time it would take to come back again to the situation of November?
Levelling service => viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6618

PrincessPhoenix
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PrincessPhoenix » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:32 pm

I'm not the authority on compensation suggestions so it'll have to wait for a dev to officially reply to them :s

Storyline-wise, the legendary chapter release was reverted to a pre-release stage so the storyline will only go up to the end of the Wildhaven Gym. The Pidgeot that is supposed to fly you to the last relic in the Remote Grayview Cave has the old placeholder and won't allow people to continue on. We lost about 250 NPCs and several maps from the rollback, but most were related to the Summer/Halloween events so a good portion of those weren't a bad loss (NPC-wise, for me anyway). The remaining ones however, were essential to the legendary storyline chapter so they will have to be readded. On a completion scale, the rollback wiped around 1/3 of the total NPCs for the storyline between Wildhaven and Route 19 so I'm counting my few blessings that the entire thing wasn't lost.

Now that it has to be rebuilt I'm planning to make edits to some of the legendary requirements (particularly the Regis which people expressed frustration with) so it will hopefully be better this time around. I'm trying to re-play through the entire storyline again though, so I can see exactly what still needs to be done.

Edit: Sharks12 may have been able to restore some NPCs from an NPC-only backup from somewhere so the storyline might actually work until Route 19 now. I still need to go run through it and check though.
ImageI'm not a developer. | Visit PL's IRC channel!

Loveya
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Loveya » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:06 am

When will the legendary storylines be up again? God, I can't even remember where I was in the story 6 months ago compared to where I left off, which was near the Eevee Tower.

I had 2 questions. I had premium status prior to this "Give everyone the status till Dec 23rd". Will I still have it after Dec 23rd? Also, when will quests be back up? They're not loading at the moment.

camckee316
Trainer
Trainer

Post by camckee316 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:04 am

I am glad you all are back online, a little sad about losing all the pokemon I had, but non-the-less glad you are online. I registered with the same account as before, as I had a premium account, is there any idea when my account will be updated? Thank you. I am so glad to be playing PL again. ( last account was first time playing pokemon ever, now I got some experience and know what to do) Thank you so much
Join me on Discord

Join me on IRC

Image Image provided by SilentCobra

magnum_opus
Trainer
Trainer

Post by magnum_opus » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:43 am

its good to be back, dont mind starting over tho
whom do i message to get permanent premium back :roll: