Help chat question

You can ask questions about Pokemon Legends here.
Zachriel137
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:08 am

Earlier I've been called a racist for just asking someone to talk in english so that I can help and wintercoyot101 called me a racist and he even go a screenshot of what I said prnt.sc/mngnvs but not the sorry thatI said if it coes out as a racist...

Yes we can speak other language but I'm just trying to help and if you know me, I help other people in help chat when I can for a long time now
Hukora
Mod
Mod

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:20 am

The manner in which you phrase your words affect the meaning. How you phrased your sentence was actually appropriate since it was polite and showed that you want to help, compared to the typical "speak English," "English only," etc, which has the connotation that "only English is allowed or matters."

I guess the only way you can improve is to say something like "Sorry I don't understand. Please ask in English so I can understand and help you."
Don't be afraid to be a Skitty in a world of Meowths.
Sending well wishes to everyone.
Zachriel137
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:22 am

Hukora wrote:
The manner in which you phrase your words affect the meaning. How you phrased your sentence was actually appropriate since it was polite and showed that you want to help, compared to the typical "speak English," "English only," etc, which has the connotation that "only English is allowed or matters."

I guess the only way you can improve is to say something like "Sorry I don't understand. Please ask in English so I can understand and help you."
Thanks will remember
wintercoyot101
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Zachriel137 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:22 am
Hukora wrote:

Thanks will remember
I will too

Sorry, Zachriel137 for calling you racist, I thought you meant it in a rude way...
i did not forget an "e" in my username >.<
Hukora
Mod
Mod

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:16 am

Thank you for being aware of potentially offensive statements though.
Don't be afraid to be a Skitty in a world of Meowths.
Sending well wishes to everyone.