Faint Switch

You can ask questions about Pokemon Legends here.
camckee316
Trainer
Trainer
Discord: camckee #0787

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:18 am

Help me out, someone what faint switch is, and why it happens. I understand you get banned for doing it, but one does not understand the cause and how to avoid it, then get banned for using it, i really don't that is right. So if some could explain it, and how to avoid doing it that would be great.

thanks
nab to tourneys
Join me on Discord
Image provided by SilentCobra
Nikolina2017
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 am

Thats why they get warned first.But they still continue it.
Maid Hyena Shop~! Recruiting Breeders/Lvl up Servicers for it!
Hyena Maid Shop~!
LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:40 am

But what faint switch still is, remains the question. :ugeek:

I have a good idea of what it might be, but I am not sure of it.

What the Caterpie calls the end of the world, the master calls a Butterfree.

Ealham
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 am

camckee316 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:18 am
Help me out, someone what faint switch is, and why it happens. I understand you get banned for doing it, but one does not understand the cause and how to avoid it, then get banned for using it, i really don't that is right. So if some could explain it, and how to avoid doing it that would be great.

thanks
nab to tourneys
If you have played Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or battled in Pokemon-Showdown, then you'll notice that after you have defeated your opponent's Pokemon, you can't switch your Pokemon untll your opponent has chosen a new Poke.
For example, I have Pokemon A and you have Pokemon B. Now my Poke-A is fainted. At this point, you can't switch or change your Pokemon-B untill I have selected other Poke-C in the battle. After my Poke-C is on, only then you can change your Poke-B.
This procedure/rule is followed in all other Pokemon Battle games.

But here, this hasn't been working. So after you kill your opponent's Poke, you can switch your Poke too which deviates from the general-battle-procedure/rule. It is called Faint-Switch and is illegal.

I hope this is clear enough to understand.
Have a visit to my ORIGINALLY OWNED Shiny-Collections -> https://www.pokemonlegends.com/trades.php?user=Ealham
camckee316
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:31 pm

If i fainted Poke-A with Poke-B and you change to Poke-C why in the world would I want to change Poke-B as I still have HP left?
I dont change, my pokes unless they are fainted, or the opponent changes pokes and i know i have a poke that can do more damage then the current poke.
Join me on Discord
PrincessPhoenix
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 pm

People faint switch because when the opponent's Pokemon faints you are sometimes also given the option to switch with the swap menu that is brought up automatically on your end (people can also call upon it manually). When you choose another Pokemon from that menu you're sending out a new Pokemon at the same time they are, and it's considered to be getting a free extra turn because your Pokemon is often allowed to attack immediately after that, as opposed to having your turn consumed by the swap action. (So if the opponent fainted and sent out a new Poke, then you swapped yours, your opponent is supposed to be allowed to attack you during the turn you swapped. It doesn't happen here if one side fainted).

This doesn't seem like it's a major problem reading it above, but people sometimes take advantage of this quirk during tournaments and get 5-6 extra turns in during the battle session due to the 'free turns' provided from the faint-swap of each Pokemon (1 for each of the opponent poke fainted), which is an unfair advantage. This is more pronounced with people who have teams that one-or-two-shot the opponent Pokemon and rotate through their team members with each faint-switch to increase the chance of keeping their Pokemon alive a few turns longer.

To avoid being accused of faint-switching abuse, if the menu shows up you can pick the same Pokemon you already had on the field.
ImageI'm not a developer.
camckee316
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 am

ahhh thanks PP. so it is very important to pay attention to the switch screen and make sure your poke actually fainted when that happens. and if that happened return the poke that fainted your opponents poke, then switch if you should want. i think i understand alot better thank you all so much help.
Join me on Discord