Getting banned a bit harshly

Forum rules
1. One ban appeal per topic. Do not create multiple ban appeals for the same ban.
2. Do not file ban appeals for other people- third party appeals will be ignored or discarded.
3. Don't post to other people's ban appeals unless you're staff.
1amAtomIX
Trainer
Trainer

Getting banned a bit harshly

Post by 1amAtomIX » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:12 pm

Username: RPG_Atomic
Ban Type: Chat banned
Why do you think you where banned: Because of a 'word' that i said that looked like a swear.
Who banned you: Mimikyuu
Why should you be unbanned: Because first of all i was not meaning to say a bad word. Sometimes i like to say fnack fake snack things like that. But Mimikyuu thought i was swearing. Well first of all when you swear you normally have a reason. If i was to swear in real life it would be for a reason. But this time I did not. Users sometimes swear when they skip a shiny or lose in tourney or their pokes gets somehow killed ect.. but nothing or that was happening. I was hunting for zangoose for a quest and i just thought of a snack, and i said i should eat a snack fnack and i wront fack in the chat. Also if Mimikyuu had thought it was a swear, then he should have given me a warning but he didn't. I suddenly got banned. I know i said I will make sure i don't swear and it was not my intention. But I still should have gotten a warning telling me I should just not say fack in chat anymore. Instead I just got banned.
Have you been banned before: Yes I have. We all make mistakes, and I made a mistake once in an auction...

GrannyMaths
Mod
Mod

Re: Getting banned a bit harshly

Post by GrannyMaths » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:08 pm

https://prnt.sc/v0646r, https://prnt.sc/v064gt, https://prnt.sc/v0653f For only part of the conversation.

I scrolled through all 102 messages you sent and there's this nothing of a "fnack" or "fake" for "snack" that you are proclaiming, and certainly have not noticed it whenever I have been in chat. I believe your discussion with Mimikyuu regarding Void_Motionz warning is enough for a warning, after all there was a discussion and his explanation for why we don't allow shortened versions, even more so with your declaration of "ill make sure to not say it" in the chat.

The staff are the ones who determine when a situation falls within breach of the rules, and we are not obliged to give a warning. Like I said, your discussion in the first screenshot is enough for me as a warning in chat anyways, and I believe the ban is justified.

Use the remaining time of your ban to reflect, it will NOT be removed.
Contary to the belief of many people, I am not an eighty year old grandma.

Loyal Member of PLATINUM
Take me back to the good life of retirement.

1amAtomIX
Trainer
Trainer

Post by 1amAtomIX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:39 am

But I don't understand why he banned me. He previously said nvm and then you came and said what is going on and he said dealt with, although before he had said nvm. Plus I had no reason to swear since nothing happened you can even check. And I said i was thinking of other words but i 'Wrote' fack in chat. May I atleast know how long my ban will last?

1amAtomIX
Trainer
Trainer

Post by 1amAtomIX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:40 am

You can even check he said that in chat 'nvm'

1amAtomIX
Trainer
Trainer

Post by 1amAtomIX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:41 am

I won't say anything weird again in chat anymore :/

GrannyMaths
Mod
Mod

Post by GrannyMaths » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:54 am

The decision still stands.

You are under a 48 hour ban for hopping onto another account and chatting whilst another one is banned (ban evasion). Approximately 28 hours remain.
Contary to the belief of many people, I am not an eighty year old grandma.

Loyal Member of PLATINUM
Take me back to the good life of retirement.

1amAtomIX
Trainer
Trainer

Post by 1amAtomIX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:33 am

on one of your screen shots i explained to Mimikyuu why i said that in a normal way. It felt like something normal :/

1amAtomIX
Trainer
Trainer

Post by 1amAtomIX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:57 am

Also you told me i had to go fast before i was gonna increase my ban time and i left right after that my last words being: 'how long am i banned?' and i said 'bye'

1amAtomIX
Trainer
Trainer

Post by 1amAtomIX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:58 am

i was just trying to figure out if it was a mistake or not ...

1amAtomIX
Trainer
Trainer

Post by 1amAtomIX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:59 pm

For my first ban.. i shouldn't say anything i will look forward into not saying any 'weird' words or strange ones. But that fact that I am banned longer because of my 'ban evade' was a bit strange. I got banned and i didn't know at the beginning what was going on. Then i realized Mimikyuu banned me and i asked why on my alt. I wanted to make sure i get it or i even thought there was a confusion in this. Also I could have bean dishonest and say I was not RPG_Atomic since Thcnicynadabest asked me who i was. I made it clear because i just wanted to know why. Right after you told me i should get off or else my ban time would increase, so i did. My last words were something like: 'before i leave may i know how long i am banned?' and then 'bye. Because i did not want to get banned longer. But then my ban times increased... You can even check I did leave right after. I think this ban should be removed, because it wasn't very fair since I obeyed.