Racism in Chat

Forum rules
This forum is for reports against other players. If you are reporting a bug or error, go to the Error Report Forum.

Screenshots are required for all reports, otherwise staff most likely will not take any action.
harbinger_earl
Trainer
Trainer

Racism in Chat

Post by harbinger_earl » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:38 am

Dear Creators of PL,

Good day!

I would just like to write this feedback with regard to some trainers / players who seem to be very insensitive to cultural concerns. I do understand that the usual mode of language for the game is in English, and we utterly, and clearly respect that. However, in these past few days, there are some players / trainers who are actually bad-mouthing other players when the latter speak in their own respective language. To be honest, I am completely disgusted with such a demeanor when it comes to chatting.

I do understand that there are a lot of non-native English-speaking players in PL and that sometimes, chatboxes are oozing with conversations in their native tongues ( to cite Indian, Spanish, Filipino and Japanese in Romaji format), but I am really disappointed seeing players / users bash others just because they speak their native language. This crude behavior, though at times well-meaning, seems to spew of racist undertones.

Given that, may I suggest that we all, players / trainers, exercise tolerance whenever we see others chat in their own native language. I do believe that we all came here to enjoy the game, and that this platform is an equal ground for all of us to explore PL and build online connections with others across the globe. Moreover, I also believe that there shouldn't be a monopoly of language when it comes to chatting-- as long as we treat each other with respect and dignity, and adhere to the rules and regulations placed by the administrators of the game (i.e. no cursing, no violent comments and etc.), we are all entitled (and responsible) to our own opinions and words we send to each other.

I know that there are a lot of things on the administrators' hands right now, but I just hope that we become more conscious and more aware of this racist undertones.

Thank you and Good day! :)

Neptune
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Racism in Chat

Post by Neptune » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:56 pm

I know that some MMOs incorporate non-English chatrooms to accommodate situations like this but until shark decides that one should be implemented, tolerance and respect should be exercised for users that speak different languages.

PrincessPhoenix
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PrincessPhoenix » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:05 am

harbinger_earl wrote:Dear Creators of PL,

Good day!

I would just like to write this feedback with regard to some trainers / players who seem to be very insensitive to cultural concerns. I do understand that the usual mode of language for the game is in English, and we utterly, and clearly respect that. However, in these past few days, there are some players / trainers who are actually bad-mouthing other players when the latter speak in their own respective language. To be honest, I am completely disgusted with such a demeanor when it comes to chatting.

I do understand that there are a lot of non-native English-speaking players in PL and that sometimes, chatboxes are oozing with conversations in their native tongues ( to cite Indian, Spanish, Filipino and Japanese in Romaji format), but I am really disappointed seeing players / users bash others just because they speak their native language. This crude behavior, though at times well-meaning, seems to spew of racist undertones.

Given that, may I suggest that we all, players / trainers, exercise tolerance whenever we see others chat in their own native language. I do believe that we all came here to enjoy the game, and that this platform is an equal ground for all of us to explore PL and build online connections with others across the globe. Moreover, I also believe that there shouldn't be a monopoly of language when it comes to chatting-- as long as we treat each other with respect and dignity, and adhere to the rules and regulations placed by the administrators of the game (i.e. no cursing, no violent comments and etc.), we are all entitled (and responsible) to our own opinions and words we send to each other.

I know that there are a lot of things on the administrators' hands right now, but I just hope that we become more conscious and more aware of this racist undertones.

Thank you and Good day! :)
I like this :)
ImageI'm not a developer. | Visit PL's IRC channel!

Jatayu

Post by Jatayu » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:15 pm

Vote Harbringer for President :)

pokemonmaster83

Post by pokemonmaster83 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:23 am

Where to vote.

harbinger_earl
Trainer
Trainer

Post by harbinger_earl » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:06 am

You guys are silly! :))

but seriously though, I think other players who demand and badmouth other players (using their own language) because the latter use their native language in chat should be told to be respectful. English isn't the only language in the world. :)

Hrikmajumder
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Hrikmajumder » Tue May 05, 2015 11:44 am

i totally agree with harbringer_earl everyone has a right to speak in their own native language with anyone they want,if anyone dosent understand it request the person to talk in english but if they cannot leave them be but badmouthing them is totally VULGAR!!!
thumbs up if everyone aggress

One Will Rise.One Will Fall.One Will Die.

DarkChaoZ
Trainer
Trainer

Post by DarkChaoZ » Tue May 05, 2015 8:34 pm

call me a racist idc..

I'd prefer to see chat divded into either non-english and english chat.. or English, Spanish, Chinese, Filipono, Other

i always see non-english people talking whenever im on.. and its hard to talk to english players when there is a bunch of non english people talking.

giratinavn

Post by giratinavn » Fri May 08, 2015 7:09 pm

i dont think this is even racism