Failure to follow any of the rules may result in a warning or ban.
1. Registered usernames, messages, images and links within all areas of this game site are not allowed to contain:
- Profanity (this includes evading filters by altering those words in ways that would prevent the catcher from triggering)
- Vulgar or sexually inappropriate content
- Advertising to non-affiliated Pokemon sites (but official Nintendo game related Pokemon content is okay)
- Illegal drug related content (this also includes marijuana since not everywhere has it legalized yet)
- Deeply religious or political discussions. (these types of discussions don't end well).
- Requesting of personal or private information (this includes but is not limited to asking for age, birthday, real name, as well as phishing and asking for passwords)
2. The following activities are not approved of and should be avoided. Performing any of the behaviors below anywhere in game may result in a ban, depending on the situation and severity:
- Provoking a fight, harassing or purposely annoying other users
- (Extreme) negativity or hostility to the game environment.
- (Extreme) stupidity, ignorance and randomness
- Spamming and/or flooding
- Posting messages entirely in capital letters
- Lieing to staff on official moderator business
- Impersonation of another user
- Entering another person's account without their permission
- Scamming (this is engaging in fraudulent activities to gain in game money, tokens, items, information or Pokemon)
- Donation Fraud (this is when you donate to the game then perform chargebacks after obtaining the donation benefits.) You will be permanently banned if devs catch you doing this! To avoid this you can contact a developer if a refund is needed so that they can do the proper token and premium reversals at the same time.
- Trading for anything outside of the game system
- Evading bans
3. Rules regarding in-chat auctions:
a. Auctions can only be held in the Trade chat
b. Only one auction can run at a time. If someone is starting an auction, wait until they are done before starting yours (this prevents bidding confusion).
c. No fake/false auctioning. The following is considered to be fake/false auctioning:
- Auctioning something you don't intend to actually sell
- Starting an auction and canceling it if you don't get the offer you want
- Having someone win an auction but not giving them the auctioned prize
- This also includes logging into alt accounts to post fake bid offers to raise the price
- If you set a time limit for your auction, 'last call' bids are to be done within the time limit you originally set. This means no adding on time or going over your time limit to get last minute bids. If this is a problem for you, you can stop placing time limits on your auction and instead end it when people stop bidding after a few minutes.
4. Cheats, cracks, botting, macroing, autoclickers, hacks, exploits, bug exploits and other abuses of similar nature are not allowed.
If you discover one or become aware of one in use, please contact a staff member and report it. Failure to do so may result in a ban if the bug or exploit is serious enough to warrant a ban and there is evidence that you used it.
5. Please use the game chat channels for their intended purpose. Trade-related activities should stay in the trade channel and the help channel is for help inquires only.
While people generally won't get banned for misusing the channels, if you are requested to take your topic of conversation to the appropriate channel you should do so. A chat ban may be issued if an individual continues to disregard requests to chat in the appropriate channel, or if one becomes hostile to said requests.
What to do if you see someone break the rules
You can remind them that it is against the rules to be doing what they're doing if you wish. If they are abusing a bug, suggest that they come clean to the staff so it can be resolved nicely. Of course it depends on the situation; if someone is being an obvious troll or is intentionally breaking the rules then screenshotting and reporting them may be better than trying to talk to them. Click here to make a report in the report forum. You may also PM a staff member if it is a bug or exploit report.
Note: If you are reporting someone please include screenshots or other means of evidence.
If you want to learn how to take a screenshot, visit http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/!
What to do if you are banned
1. Do not jump on a secondary account to ask or demand to the chat why you are banned. If you were chat banned, this is considered chat ban evasion and may lead to your other accounts being banned.
2. You can post a ban appeal to the appeal forum. Chat bans typically last anywhere from 20 minutes to 36 hours depending on what it was for, and account bans generally last for much longer periods of time or are permanent. Posting a ban appeal can help you figure out why and how to work out the problem at hand.
3. You can also inquire about your ban on PL's IRC channel. Note however, that you may have to file a ban appeal on the forum anyway if the mod(s) involved are not present at the time you visit.
If you strongly feel like a rule should or should not be on here, post it on the suggestions forum with the words "Rules Adjustment Suggestion" in the topic. Rules are bound to change and is recommended that you read it at least once a month so you can keep up with any changes!