Spamming General Conversation in Trade Chat

Forum rules
This forum is for reports against other players. If you are reporting a bug or error, go to the Error Report Forum.

Screenshots are required for all reports, otherwise staff most likely will not take any action.
Zalekous
Trainer
Trainer

Spamming General Conversation in Trade Chat

Post by Zalekous » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:20 am

On multiple occasions, I have noticed people discussing junk, other talks, help chats in the trade chat section. It's an appeal to everyone to take note if it seriously and use trade chat for trade solely. Due to the interference of other talks, sellers, buyers also spam the same message multiple times. I do have SS of the talks, but I want a more constructive approach to it from the players so that they follow this and keep this chat exclusively for trade chat without naming anyone. Cooperation will be highly appreciated

Thanks.

eclipse98
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Spamming General Conversation in Trade Chat

Post by eclipse98 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 am

There is no rule that states you can not talk in trade chat, spamming and having a conversation are two different things as u know.
So, u can post some ss which shows that a player deliberately tried to disturb you while trading or auctioning.
That will be quite helpful for players to understand too.

Zalekous
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Zalekous » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:26 pm

As I said earlier eclipse, it is not to point out at any player specifically. I would rather appeal for a constructive method where some changes can be made so that chats are used for their purpose. Yes, there can be exceptions at times like limit upto some level of convo. This will also help in people being present in multiple chats at the same time. For example, people won't concentrate completely on trade chat, some will be on trade chat for trades, some will be on global chat for general discussion and some might be on the help chat. Now because of the concentration in one chat, often people in help chat or general chat are forced to come to trade chat for discussion. This will eventually also ease out mod's work and will encourage people to help each other more easily

Hope you understand my view on it!

Kousei_Arima
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Kousei_Arima » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:34 pm

That would lead to dead chat - like help chat atm.

Zalekous
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Zalekous » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 pm

Think of this way, trade chat will be mostly full of trade chat info. Moreover, you can't scroll the chat and read as there is continuous messaging going in trade chat. I had so much trouble taking SS for any auction related info because of continuous chat. Also, it would be alive with trade, sale and buying chats. If everyone just wants to talk random stuff, then why call it a trade chat even? Serves no purpose.

eclipse98
Trainer
Trainer

Post by eclipse98 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:19 am

Global chat is used with different global languages.
Trade chat is kind of comfortable for english speaking ones that's why they talk there, and i don't find anything wrong if they do it as long as they are not disturbing anything.
And i said earlier if there has been deliberate trade disturbance ...provide ss so that mods/admins can take action against it, and players will know about it too.
Thank you.

Nikolina2017
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Nikolina2017 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:30 am

I like ppl talking in Trade Chat cuz I can advertise multiple times for others to see who just logged in. :p
And they can go to Country Chat too but I don't think they are all from same country.And ppl asking help in Trade Chat is normal bc Help Chat is pretty much dead most of time.
Maid Hyena Shop~! Recruiting Breeders/Lvl up Servicers for it!
Hyena Maid Shop~!

Zalekous
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Zalekous » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Yeah help chat is dead at times. Maybe we can come up with some better ideas and suggest something to the dev. I also think this post should now move to suggest section