Racist Remarks

Forum rules
This forum is for reports against other players. If you are reporting a bug or error, go to the Error Report Forum.

Screenshots are required for all reports, otherwise staff most likely will not take any action.
Nebo
Trainer
Trainer

Racist Remarks

Post by Nebo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi :)

Screenshots:
https://snipboard.io/azipCI.jpg
https://snipboard.io/sa2drK.jpg

Worthy of noting that this username was probably chosen in order to create provocations.

Thank you for your time :)

Thanks to SilentCobra for the amazing signature! Sugoi :D

Ehtesham123
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Racist Remarks

Post by Ehtesham123 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:58 pm

yeah he should get banned ..... because this name is related with Muslim religion .......and I am Muslim too ...and i don't want that if he do anything wrong so player start calling him bad or something else using that name
Darkrai BeastImage

yomo567
Trainer
Trainer

Post by yomo567 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:10 pm

Username : garydeone dis mah alt account

I think he shld be banned im muslim and i thats just full on racist and inappropriate

Nexus
Mod
Mod

Post by Nexus » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 pm

I saw the username earlier, but I'm aware that phrase has significant religious meaning and so gave the account the benefit of the doubt. It does appear now that this account was intended for 'memeing', which in this case is implied racism.

The account has been banned. I shall be investigating who made the account, as it is clear to me that it's someone's alt.

benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Post by benguy2211 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:42 pm

Crap. Sorry guys about that. I did it, as Nexus said for "memeing". I had no idea it would anger so many people. The AllahuAckbar account was a really, really bad idea. I didn't mean for it to be Racist towards all muslims, but just to meme terrorists.

Sorry again. I swear i'll be more sensitive with what I meme.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
It ain't no getting even,
Here comes the reckoning day.
--Reckoning Day, Megadeth.

How can I be lost, if Ive got nowhere to go?
Open mind for a different view and nothing else matters -- Metallica

LoneWarrior
Trainer
Trainer

Post by LoneWarrior » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:04 pm

benguy2211 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:42 pm
Crap. Sorry guys about that. I did it, as Nexus said for "memeing". I had no idea it would anger so many people. The AllahuAckbar account was a really, really bad idea. I didn't mean for it to be Racist towards all muslims, but just to meme terrorists.

And how was it reasonable to "create an alt account to meme terrorists"?
It is not funny and such memes are definitely not acceptable in PL. You said in your appeal that you'll read the rules and abide by them.

Do you not understand that this is supposed to be a game where target audience is mainly children?
Nexus wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 pm
I saw the username earlier, but I'm aware that phrase has significant religious meaning and so gave the account the benefit of the doubt. It does appear now that this account was intended for 'memeing', which in this case is implied racism.

The account has been banned. I shall be investigating who made the account, as it is clear to me that it's someone's alt.
Um, I have a question : Shouldn't the username itself have fallen into breach of rule 1.5 concerning religious matters in usernames? Because in such cases, even if the owner of username doesn't do anything, it is possible that a part of community targets him/her because of the username, including jokes, hate, double meaning statements, etc. which can definitely turn bad.
Items Guide | Force & Faint Switch explained
Forum Shop | Grayview Update Guide

~~~~~~~~

What the Caterpie calls the end of the world, the master calls a Butterfree.

Nexus
Mod
Mod

Post by Nexus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:25 pm

LoneWarrior wrote: Um, I have a question : Shouldn't the username itself have fallen into breach of rule 1.5 concerning religious matters in usernames? Because in such cases, even if the owner of username doesn't do anything, it is possible that a part of community targets him/her because of the username, including jokes, hate, double meaning statements, etc. which can definitely turn bad.
You are correct. At the time of my first notice of the account, I wasn't in a position to do anything about it, hence nothing done until later.

benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Post by benguy2211 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:54 pm

LoneWarrior wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:04 pm
benguy2211 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:42 pm

And how was it reasonable to "create an alt account to meme terrorists"?
It is not funny and such memes are definitely not acceptable in PL. You said in your appeal that you'll read the rules and abide by them.

Do you not understand that this is supposed to be a game where target audience is mainly children?
Nexus wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 pm

Um, I have a question : Shouldn't the username itself have fallen into breach of rule 1.5 concerning religious matters in usernames? Because in such cases, even if the owner of username doesn't do anything, it is possible that a part of community targets him/her because of the username, including jokes, hate, double meaning statements, etc. which can definitely turn bad.
You are right. Did you see the part where I said it was a really bad idea? And again, I wasn't trying to be racist(like the title of the report suggest I was), and I didn't know memeing terrorists would upset so many people. Sorry again.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,

Shogunhero01
Trainer
Trainer
Location: Training with Lance and Cabrina Learning the dragon Way...

Post by Shogunhero01 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:01 am

Bro, in general, you should have never made that acc, you knew something may have happened truly, you should suffer the consequences for the wrong actions you made, like really what was the purpose of doing this? You offended people and you knew something was probs gonna happen, it's a pretty messed up thing you did :/ :-l
I Fight in the Name of Lance and Cabrina The Dragons Trainers, No fairy shall stand when I use earthquake, and no ice shall stand when I use flamethrower, so think....? What Will you do now?! Challenge me and suffer the consequences!

benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Post by benguy2211 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 am

Shogunhero01 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:01 am
Bro, in general, you should have never made that acc, you knew something may have happened truly, you should suffer the consequences for the wrong actions you made, like really what was the purpose of doing this? You offended people and you knew something was probs gonna happen, it's a pretty messed up thing you did :/ :-l
Yeah Ik. I originally made it as an alt that wasn't meant to be used. Anyways, I wasn't expecting anyone to get worked up over it. Im not saying it wasn't bad and I should suffer consequences, but im just trying to tell ya this wasn't meant to be offensive at all. As for why I did it? I was trying to make a meme of the well known terrorist phrase as a funny joke, not be racist.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,