Feedback request on Trade and Help chat Rules

Please post your feedback about Pokemon Legends!
PrincessPhoenix
Site Admin
Site Admin

PrincessPhoenix said on, Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:19 pm.

Around October/November of last year the player, trade and help chat underwent a sudden and experimental rule change spurred about by the ideas of a couple of staff. It was added to the official rules list at some point, but the rollback in December deleted it and wasn't restored to written form (yet). The following rules were changed/implemented at the time:

Player chat:
-No roleplay sessions allowed in any of the in-game chats (we have an IRC channel for that now) (formerly roleplay was only permitted in the player chat)

Trade chat:
-Chatting is now allowed when no auctions are running (formerly the trade chat was for trades only, no other conversations)

Help chat:
-Chatting is now allowed as long as people's questions are answered (formerly the help chat was for help questions only, no other conversations)

Now that it's been around for several months, we want to know your opinions of the above rules by replying to this topic. If you need specific things to comment about, think about questions like this:
-Do you find the non-trade conversations in the trade chat bothersome?
-Do you feel that the help channel should only be used for help only?
-Do you think these specific rules could be edited in some way?

This topic is only for chat rules feedback and will remain open for approximately 30 days from the time of this post.
Comments about any other aspect of the game are to go in their own topic.

Thanks!
ImageI'm not a developer. | Visit PL's IRC channel!

TimoteoL5
Trainer
Trainer

TimoteoL5 said on, Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:30 pm.

this is good Rate 10

Zeus82
Trainer
Trainer

Zeus82 said on, Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 pm.

i like the chat in trade chat rule when there no auction also.

Im sorry but player chat is too much for alot of us lol.

But What i have noticed is ... all older players carrying on about these rules ... yet break them all time.

Tbh for rules to work they kind of need to be forced for them to work.(yes i know thats hard alot of time and i also know there alot of bias when rules do get applied).

Help Chat chat can be left alone also tbh.. there core group in there happy chatting and playing pl and also help out newbies when they ask questions (From what i have seen anyway)

ChilenoEnDinamarca
Trainer
Trainer

ChilenoEnDinamarca said on, Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:51 pm.

I like it!!

But, there might be some users saying: '' Player chat is a spanish chat''
For those players, I will say that there are also many other languages out there, just because you probably only speak English, you can not point at users like that by saying that is ''Spanish only''. Please consider that all are welcome to talk. And remember that 4-6 Languages are related to PL Including English.

Trade chat is the most active chat, I like it!

Help chat is fine.. as long questions are answered, I luv it!
EV-trainer and LVL-UP servicer Click here
Mi guía de quests y otros en Español! Click aquí

camckee316
Trainer
Trainer

camckee316 said on, Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:58 pm.

i better stop asking people to go to player for their roleplaying, so they dont get banned. Thank you PP for the update.
Scizor by Mumble Image

MidnightBuster057
Trainer
Trainer

MidnightBuster057 said on, Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:00 am.

I personally don't really like the trade rules because I always thought the trade chat was a good place to do trade-related things and just because you talk during an auction you have the chance of getting banned. Vamp makes sure to enforce that. xD Not that I'm mad at Vamp, its just that he's my example. :)

Atomous
Trainer
Trainer

Atomous said on, Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:59 am.

In my opinion:
_ Player Chat: If we can avoid players use bad words in their our languages, it will be perfect.
_ Trade Chat: Auction is the reason of chaos in our game. Devs added the button "Show Offers" with the clearly purpose to help players know the current bid. If players use this function, everything will be easier. Beside, mods do not need to solve fake bid/auction everyday. Moreover, it is really hard to control flow of text when an auction happens.

P/s: Rules are established to follow. However, the more rules the game has, the less attractive it may be.
MY SHOP

4 eggmoves

3 eggmoves

2 eggmoves

Khiomni
Trainer
Trainer

Khiomni said on, Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:13 am.

I like the new rule for Trade chat and Help chat, but I still like the chats being used specifically for what they are made for. I don't mind brief exchanges (2-3 sentences) of non-related conversation in the trade/help chat, but players holding extended conversations in the trade and help chats can be bothersome, especially if when looking for something specific from those chats (trading, or gaining help). Now I end up closing my chat box because the special chat sections are just filled with extraneous conversation and it's annoying to have to sift through that to find something.

nylcire
Trainer
Trainer

nylcire said on, Tue May 16, 2017 6:20 am.

how to keep the feed back

nylcire
Trainer
Trainer

nylcire said on, Tue May 16, 2017 6:21 am.

how to keep the feedback request

Return to “Feedback”