Re: Fun or Stupidity?

QuekSH wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:55 am
The Zapdos Cloudy Grotto DOES have a pattern, it's just that you have to talk to the same Pidgeot to get to the next cloud.I believe that this 'luck based' thing is to let us take more time to finish the quests so that we wouldn't finish the storyline fast and beg for more updates. If the storyline was easy, the Developers will need more time to make more 'easy' storyline to accommodate for us and thus the wait time for the next update will be longer.
For your reasoning about the Type Advantage/Disadvantage, I think that having the Raichu use electric moves even with a ground type opponent is to allow Trainers to know more about Type Advantages and use it to THEIR advantage. If the NPCs had conditional logic, the battles might be as tough as those battles in Pokemon Showdown and new Trainers might not be able to defeat even the first NPC they encounter. If you were to talk about Type Advantage, this game might not be suited for young players who just started out with Pokemon, thus decreasing the population of PL players (what Chileno said). If Trainers wanted to have battles with conditional logic though, they could have PvP battles or join the Tournaments ;)
There isnt a pattern to the cloudy grotto, you have to guess which bird to choose. talking to the same pidgeot doesnt give it a pattern. Also, mods didnt purposely make moves random, they dont know how to code the stuff.

I think some parts of the storyline are boring, like the zapdos grotto. and that girl we meet just before grayview city says she thinks our future will intertwine somehow. that is just putting in lazy storyline. I think its just me but most of the storyline quests are just repeats of the same thing, lvling up some pokemon, find something ect ect.
ehh err

Official (Self-Proclaimed) PL Record holder of 101 Trade Offers in 24 Hrs

https://prnt.sc/lmy6gt https://prnt.sc/mylqr0

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:19 am
QuekSH wrote:
The Zapdos Cloudy Grotto DOES have a pattern, it's just that you have to talk to the same Pidgeot to get to the next cloud.I believe that this 'luck based' thing is to let us take more time to finish the quests so that we wouldn't finish the storyline fast and beg for more updates. If the storyline was easy, the Developers will need more time to make more 'easy' storyline to accommodate for us and thus the wait time for the next update will be longer.
For your reasoning about the Type Advantage/Disadvantage, I think that having the Raichu use electric moves even with a ground type opponent is to allow Trainers to know more about Type Advantages and use it to THEIR advantage. If the NPCs had conditional logic, the battles might be as tough as those battles in Pokemon Showdown and new Trainers might not be able to defeat even the first NPC they encounter. If you were to talk about Type Advantage, this game might not be suited for young players who just started out with Pokemon, thus decreasing the population of PL players (what Chileno said). If Trainers wanted to have battles with conditional logic though, they could have PvP battles or join the Tournaments ;)
There isnt a pattern to the cloudy grotto, you have to guess which bird to choose. talking to the same pidgeot doesnt give it a pattern. Also, mods didnt purposely make moves random, they dont know how to code the stuff.

I think some parts of the storyline are boring, like the zapdos grotto. and that girl we meet just before grayview city says she thinks our future will intertwine somehow. that is just putting in lazy storyline. I think its just me but most of the storyline quests are just repeats of the same thing, lvling up some pokemon, find something ect ect.
That is why they are called ''quest''. You have to do some stuff, find, deliver etc, etc... for other Npcs... Fun or stupidity title goes well as I can see..

There is a lot of stuff from the New update that you guys are ignoring and do not know of.. Fx the post stuff at Grayview, and the farm from Future Orden. I like the Update, cuz it has very unique stuff.. like how you complete each quest and why you are completing these quests... Many users just follow a guide, spam the x button and move to the next part. Personally I do like always to add a little text about what is happening and why, to my guides... FX I'm still waiting for a phone call in the game.. xD who knows when we will get it, and what for xD
In my opinion, each quest are different from each other, there might be some quest that might remind of others... but Trials quests (Dark egg part) and a quest so simple like finding a scyther are Cool in this game...
I mean what is next? You guys want to make a team of 5 Players and play football in the Darlinghurst ranch? And where is the Pokemon context? Pokemon game is about finding, unlocking, catching, battling, delivering... making friends. =)

I challenge you to use the Tiled program and make a map with a cool design and a Nice Story behind that map... Then can we talk about lazy xD
Useful guides, click here | Guías en Español, Click aquí! -Miss me?

''I'm on a journey''

ChilenoEnDinamarca wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:45 am
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:19 am
QuekSH wrote:

That is why they are called ''quest''. You have to do some stuff, find, deliver etc, etc... for other Npcs... Fun or stupidity title goes well as I can see..

There is a lot of stuff from the New update that you guys are ignoring and do not know of.. Fx the post stuff at Grayview, and the farm from Future Orden. I like the Update, cuz it has very unique stuff.. like how you complete each quest and why you are completing these quests... Many users just follow a guide, spam the x button and move to the next part. Personally I do like always to add a little text about what is happening and why, to my guides... FX I'm still waiting for a phone call in the game.. xD who knows when we will get it, and what for xD
In my opinion, each quest are different from each other, there might be some quest that might remind of others... but Trials quests (Dark egg part) and a quest so simple like finding a scyther are Cool in this game...
I mean what is next? You guys want to make a team of 5 Players and play football in the Darlinghurst ranch? And where is the Pokemon context? Pokemon game is about finding, unlocking, catching, battling, delivering... making friends. =)

I challenge you to use the Tiled program and make a map with a cool design and a Nice Story behind that map... Then can we talk about lazy xD
I like the scyther and the giratina quest :3 i didnt say all the quests were the same, just some had the same concept. anyways, there are a lot of really good things in this game, i just didnt list it down, because i felt like complaining :,D
ehh err

Official (Self-Proclaimed) PL Record holder of 101 Trade Offers in 24 Hrs

https://prnt.sc/lmy6gt https://prnt.sc/mylqr0

This game depends too much on luck. The NPC battles are way too easy. I think we need to make it so NPCs try better. I also don’t like how many times it makes you get Pokémon and items. The first few times it’s fun but otherwise it’s just boring. Btw idk if it’s like that on the computer but for the Zapdos area you can only see a few of the jumps. I think the game is like this to prevent people from complaining about updates but I think the game should find another way instead.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
It ain't no getting even,
Here comes the reckoning day.
--Reckoning Day, Megadeth.

How can I be lost, if Ive got nowhere to go?
Open mind for a different view and nothing else matters -- Metallica

benguy2211 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:15 am
This game depends too much on luck. The NPC battles are way too easy. I think we need to make it so NPCs try better. I also don’t like how many times it makes you get Pokémon and items. The first few times it’s fun but otherwise it’s just boring. Btw idk if it’s like that on the computer but for the Zapdos area you can only see a few of the jumps. I think the game is like this to prevent people from complaining about updates but I think the game should find another way instead.
hope mods don't ban me, but to be honest, I think you guys should look for another game, the game is fine for 99% of the players, if you notice, is free and is fan made game, if you want a better poke game, just buy the original and complaint to the people who made what you pay for, please stop crying and complain and let the rest of us enjoy this game, some players like me, enjoy the game and enjoy talking with friends, even is fun make some people mad, this game is fine, please, Nexus, PP or Hukora, close this thread, before we waste more server space, this is useless, thanx.

Sorry if this will come out as arrogant... but I didn't get a hard time clearing the pidgeots on the way to Zapdos, if you remembered the pidgeot that gets you further and avoid those who sent you back... yes most of it is trial and error along with some luck but if you focus on what you are doing you will do fine on it

No offense but some players are ot reading the dialogues and the quest and not paying attention they just spam "X" so when they suddenly receive a quest or need to do something they do not know what to do...

I know I'm not suppose to give my opinions..but theres something I gotta say about this :

1. The NPCs are fine, you get EXPs easier than most GBA Pokemon games, thats good tbh.
2. The based-on-luck quests are not the main quests of the game. You can choose to do them, or not. And the rewards are legendaries. I think thats good enough, players need challenges to fully feel the game :D

Kousei_Arima wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:22 pm
I know I'm not suppose to give my opinions..but theres something I gotta say about this :

1. The NPCs are fine, you get EXPs easier than most GBA Pokemon games, thats good tbh.
2. The based-on-luck quests are not the main quests of the game. You can choose to do them, or not. And the rewards are legendaries. I think thats good enough, players need challenges to fully feel the game :D
Wrong. Eazy NPCs are too Eazy. What if us pros want a challenge? NPCs with normal type moves stop trying to hit my ghost types with non-effective moves, thats not okay.

Also I agree that the luck based quests are for most part not important to the story, however I disagree with calling them challenges (Exept I fell asleep 4 times trying to find Goldeen so is staying awake the challenge)?
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
It ain't no getting even,
Here comes the reckoning day.
--Reckoning Day, Megadeth.

How can I be lost, if Ive got nowhere to go?
Open mind for a different view and nothing else matters -- Metallica

benguy2211 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:21 am

Wrong. Eazy NPCs are too Eazy. What if us pros want a challenge? NPCs with normal type moves stop trying to hit my ghost types with non-effective moves, thats not okay.

Also I agree that the luck based quests are for most part not important to the story, however I disagree with calling them challenges (Exept I fell asleep 4 times trying to find Goldeen so is staying awake the challenge)?
Next update I will recommend you to not use any guide at all or get help to complete the history...
when we are talking about the next update you will be still having some challenges and staying awake is not and never will be the key.
Useful guides, click here | Guías en Español, Click aquí! -Miss me?

''I'm on a journey''

benguy2211 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:21 am
Kousei_Arima wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:22 pm

The challenges I said are all about the quests... And follow your words, heres my thoughts:
1. The game cant be 100% easy or hard. It needs both, and the quests are the hard part.
2. The NPCs in the game rn ( like what I said ) are fine. You need good exps for your incoming battles. Have you ever been swept out by the gyarados in the 2nd gym? How did you feel back then?
3. Legendaries in other GBA games are also hard to find. Compare to this easy-to-level up game, quests for them cant all about battling.
4. If the game follow your ideas?
- If the battles get harder, like super intelligent IA stuffs.. Another post like this would appear.
- If the quests get easier, "lack of creativity", "boring","no challenge" related posts would be all the places, even the chats.
Well, its just my thought tho~ You have a free to speak :3