Special event for 2 days- Halloween 2019

Please post your feedback about Pokemon Legends!
figig
Trainer
Trainer

Special event for 2 days- Halloween 2019

Post by figig » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:42 am

There are 2 sides of this feedback, read them carefully and understand them

1) Thank you for helping us get honedge its really a cherry on the cake after pawniard, it really a good step taken by nexus.

2) Dont hold this npc type of event. The reason being is it is not fair for "abcd named player" to get a shiny honedge after 50 exchanges and that also they get not only 1 but 2 shiny whereas "xyz named player" didnt get a shiny honedge even after more than 250 exchanges they didnt get a shiny, if you want to make it equal then set a score like for example : after 500 or 400 exchanges you get 1 shiny honedge, so that everyone will have to do hard work and get that and it then depends on the person that how many shiny you want and then you have a clear and set mindset that you need to this to get 2, 3, 4 shiny honedges.

Yes there are lot of haters who say it will be rng and those stuffs, but if you think carefully then in order to make everything equal and no one gets any sort of biased if you set it like my example, because at the end of day people have emotions, those who grinded so hard for 2400 pumpkins in those long tiring hours and didnt get to manage a shiny shiny honedge is also a human, he also have feelings

where 1 exchange = collection of those 10 pumpkins (depending on he drop rate)

okay by the way, i can see already some hate comment down below already
Okay haters, thanks for hating me so much :D

benguy2211
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Special event for 2 days- Halloween 2019

Post by benguy2211 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:37 am

I agree. The Honedge is awesome. I also agree that the NPC should be giving out pokes for certian requirements, such as 400 mini pumpkin because it seems highly unfair for an NPC to be handing out shiny non map pokes based on RNG.
Don't want no revenge,
Ain't no payback time,
It ain't no getting even,
Here comes the reckoning day.
--Reckoning Day, Megadeth.

How can I be lost, if Ive got nowhere to go?
Open mind for a different view and nothing else matters -- Metallica

Zangetsu7
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Zangetsu7 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:40 am

First of all thanx pl for giving out such unexpected distribution of honedge - it was really surprising for us.
Secondly I can see that they tried to give shiny honedge to as many people as they wanted - cuz they decreased the shiny rate nearly ~ 1/200 is a shiny, but i believe the output wasn't happened to be as nice as they thought out it to be.
Since, it was a celebratory distribution- I would have really liked it if the NPC were like give a shiny honedge for sure anyone who gathers 1k pumpkins (this way - people will work hard to get the gift as they are now but with a confidence that they will get 1 shiny honedge at last) , we could have put some checkpoints like 200 pumpkins, 400 pumpkins, 600 pumpkins, 800 pumpkins - each with a chance of getting a honedge ( it could be female - for breeding , or just a useless male or a shiny with wild encounter rate of 1/4k smth ) the final prize will be sure to b a shiny honedge.
This method assures two things , people who work hard enough are sure to get a prize they earned , second very lucky people may get extra honedge.
(NOTE: It doesnt have to be 1k pumpkins it could be any number justified by the by event- pokemon distribution member. ALL HAIL

Nikolina2017
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Nikolina2017 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:18 am

Hasn't this stuff happened before when NPC have chances to give you a shiny. I actually disagree it should be a specific number. But if you people really want it the specific number then it could be best to put a number like 700 or higher.
Maid Hyena Shop~! Recruiting Breeders/Lvl up Servicers for it!
Hyena Maid Shop~!

Nexus
Mod
Mod

Post by Nexus » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Improving the shiny chances so much was an experiment on my part. Initially, shinies weren't going to be included in it.

Whether you like it or not, the fact is it comes down to RNG. The same would have happened had it been released as a wild spawn, as with any other wild spawn.

It does seem that people would prefer something akin to Zangetsu's suggestion when it comes to NPC exchanges, rather than randomised ones like this Honedge NPC, the Honeybun Meadow, Mystery Pouch NPCs, etc. I'll look into putting a poll up at some point to see which option is most popular with players.

Nebo
Trainer
Trainer

Post by Nebo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:20 am

Like Nex said, eventually it's all about rng = luck. Of course, the more pumpkins one obtains the higher goes their chance to get shiny honedge but even then nothing's guranteed. It's the same like players that were hunting shiny joltik for days but didn't manage to find one, whereas a few other players managed to find it after only a few hours of hunting. That's technically not fair either but this is the method that's used for shiny pokes. However, such type of bonus could be made a little fairer by giving players the option to choose. For example, 1st option could be "Exchange 10 pumpkins for 1 of the 4 available pokes"(Like we had), and the 2nd option could be "Exchange 3,000-3,500 (Not more than that considering the bonus was available for only 48 hours) pumpkins for 1 Shiny Honedge. This way, players who have a lot of time to farm pumpkins during the 48 hours would better choose the safe option of 3,000-3,500 pumpkins for 1 shiny honedge, and players who don't have time to farm lots of pumpkins will still be able to try their luck and maybe obtain Shiny Honedge after 1/10/100/500/1,000/2,000/... exchanges.

Thanks to SilentCobra for the amazing signature! Sugoi :D