If you are buying or selling a friend donation, please READ THIS.

You can post your Trades or look to trade with others!
PrincessPhoenix
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:42 am

If you are buying or selling a friend donation and are worried about being scammed by the other party, you can request assistance from a moderator to be an intermediary during the exchange process. This is how it will work:

1) When you and the other party have agreed upon a price and exchange (screenshot this), you can ask any of the moderators who are online and available at the time to chaperone the transaction. If none are chatting in the in game chat, please check PL's IRC channel- this is where many (but not all) moderators idle while they are online.

2) The buyer sends the payment to the moderator to hold onto. The moderator will confirm with the seller (via screenshotting the offer set to their trade and/or linking the ID of the Pokemon if a specific Pokemon was agreed upon) that it is the agreed upon price and/or Pokemon.

3) The seller then donates to the buyer. The buyer must confirm to the moderator that they received the donation (if the buyer lies about receiving the donation there will be dire consequences for this).

4) When the transaction is complete the moderator forwards the buyer's payment to the seller.

Answers to possible questions you may have about this:
How is this different from normal donation buying?
In the normal way most buyers give the donation deposit to the seller, which leaves the buyer open to being donation scammed. If a moderator holds onto the donation deposit, that deposit can be given back to the buyer if the seller fails to donate. We normally give 24 hours for a transaction to be completed before assuming that the seller has flaked out, at which point the deposit will be returned to the buyer.

This can also work vice versa; if someone demands that a seller donates first, a moderator can hold onto the buyer's deposit to ensure the seller that the buyer won't run off after being donated to.

What if I can't find a moderator online at the time?
There is a possibility that a moderator might not be present and chatting at the exact moment you decide to buy a donation. When this is the case it might be better to wait a little bit longer until one shows up. Some moderators can be found idling on the game's IRC channel when they are online, so be sure to visit there too because it may be easier to obtain their attention that way.

Remember that this applies to moderators only. Developers like Kyro or Sharks12 will most likely be too busy to chaperone these kinds of trades so please avoid asking them.

How can I trust that the moderator won't run off with the deposit?
One of the requirements for being staff is to demonstrate that they can be trusted with this level of power, and so far they can be trusted with this level of transactions. If they aren't then I'll put it this way: If they are caught stealing trade deposits, I can at least guarantee that they will face living hell from me. This does not include what the terror of the deep may have in store (hi Sharks).
Tips that may help to avoid scammers:
1) Avoid buying from people who are not premium themselves.
sharks12 wrote:I have added Premium on User Page. As a rule of thumb, the user who isn't premium is very unlikely to donate for you, considered they haven't donated for themselves. This doesn't mean that if an User is premium, they will donate for you. They still might not, so be careful - ask around, be patient.
2) Avoid buying from people whose profiles reveal that they really haven't played the game much.
Check for Pokemon count, Pokemon variety, maps unlocked, the amount of badges they have etc. Sock puppet accounts tend to have very little time and effort invested into it. If the account looks suspiciously empty, don't trust it or call for a moderator to watch over the trade.
Any questions or comments can be posted below!
ImageI'm not a developer.
kimpaolo
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:34 am

nice pp :)
"the admission of ignorance is the beginning of wisdom"
are my team mates

A Member of Oblivion
Asim
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:45 am

Also do not listen to any of the seller's saying of "hey man look, you can trust me no need to call the mods. No need to disturb them" DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE TYPE OF STATEMENTS. Scammer will do whatever they can and want to scam you. Pretending to be trustworthy is one of their acts. Ask a mod to be intermediary whenever you see one online. Always take screenshots of any FD deal so later you can have some clear evidence that this person has made this deal with you and such.....
Chat and IRC Mod
Almost Dead
"Member of Team Caterpie, Pokemon Legends Street War 2015 Champion"
GhostKoKoH
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:11 pm

today, i use Asim service for 2time , that mean you can trust Asim 100% :)
nazlonely
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:28 am

thanks for the post
nazir
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:12 pm

I am selling FD and i am not a scammer or fake
Born To Play Force To Work
nazir
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:47 pm

Asim you are great and I sold my FD in a good way through Asim as Mod and 101% Trusted
Born To Play Force To Work
Payme100
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:28 am

cool
Kenken13
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:49 am

Tnx FOr asim cuz he hold my money and After i get the FD tnx alot :D :D :D
bruinbear111